Chapter 24

Heed the call of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 23

 

 

A week and a half had already gone by and Jennie was ready to go out of the hospital. She thanked the doctor and the nurses who took care of her during her physical therapy. Her legs are working fine already and she can now walk without assistance. 

 

“Let’s go out.” Jennie excitedly suggested, she wanted to celebrate her fast recovery and getting discharged from the hospital.

 

“Mina, do you want to come?” Jennie offered, smiling brightly. She didn’t want Alex’s best friend to feel left out.

 

Mina’s eyes went down to Jennie’s hand, which was holding Alex’s tightly. 

 

“Yeah, come with us.” Alex added although she knew that Mina doesn’t want to. Alex, herself, didn’t want Mina to come. She knew that Mina will feel uncomfortable and jealous. Even though it was Mina’s idea for her to play pretend girlfriend, Alex thinks that Mina should accept and realize the consequences that comes with her decision. 

 

“Maybe next time. My mom doesn’t know that I’m here, she wouldn’t like it.” 

 

Jennie nodded, completely understanding Mina’s situation. 

 

Mina went home directly, while Jennie and Alex went to the mall. Jennie’s mom was supposed to come but she insisted that she needed to fix Jennie’s things.

 

Jennie’s mom actually tried talking to Alex about pretending to be her daughter’s girlfriend. Seeing her daughter happy, made her happy, but she felt bad for Alex that she talked to her about stopping the pretend. Although Alex wanted to, she refused, thinking that it’ll can be bad for Jennie’s mental health. 

 

Not being able to take Mina off her mind, Alex messaged her saying she miss her. 

Mina was quick to reply with an ‘I miss you too’. The heart and pouting emoticons made Alex giggle, which didn’t go unnoticed by the girl in front of her.

 

“Who’s that?” The tone of Jennie’s voice told Alex that she’s jealous. She knew Jennie all too well. Jen would always use that tone whenever she sees Alex with someone, or gets too friendly with someone. 

 

Alex chuckled before placing down her phone. “Mina.”

 

“Oh.” Jennie continued eating, while Alex just shook her head on how easily Jennie can get jealous. 

 

It was already night time when Jennie and Alex arrived at Jennie’s house. Alex received a message from Mina, asking her if she could come to the rooftop. Alex made an excuse to Jennie and went to the place where she took Mina’s picture, the rooftop that brings back the memories.

 

Mina rested

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter