Chapter 28

Heed the call of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 28

 

 

"Umm... Hi!" A call from Chaeyoung surprised Alex. She wasn't expecting anymore interaction with her since the party. She liked Chaeyoung, especially her personality, but Alex wanted all threads cut. 

 

"Rosé, what's up?" She haven't told anyone about chaeyoung, she didn't think it'll be necessary for everyone to know.

 

"What's with the 'Rosé'?" 

 

Alex chuckled, finding chaeyoung's whining voice adorable. "Okay, chaeng what's up?"

 

"Nothing really. Are you busy?" 

 

"Not that busy, just doing some homework and all that." Alex twirled her pen on her hands. She was almost done with her homework but got interrupted. 

 

"You do homeworks?" The tone of chaeyoung made Alex raise her eyebrow and chuckle lightly. 

 

"I used to not do it but I guess Mina has a strong influence on me." Alex thought of the times when Mina would force her to do her homework instead of watching random youtube videos. It was a lot helpful for her grades.

 

"Mina?"

 

"My girlfriend."

 

"Oh, right."

 

"I don't know how, but I feel like you have something to say. Just tell me." 

 

The other line went quiet for a while, Alex thought that Chaeyoung must've been formulating her sentence. "Actually, there is." 

 

"Okay, go on."

 

Alex heard Chaeyoung breathe heavily. "I know that this is a big favor to ask but, can you come here at my house? My parents wanted to see you again."

 

"I don't know... Can't you make an excuse or something?" She couldn't do it anymore. Alex was sure. She didn't want this to add to her past mistakes, which she haven't told Mina yet. 

 

"I can't, my parents are a bit... but please can you? Please, I'll do anything that you want, just come." 

 

Alex really didn't want to, however having a soft heart and having a hard time saying no to people betrayed what her mind was saying. "Okay but promise me this will be the last time." 

 

"Umm... okay, I promise." 

 

 

The lunch with Rosé's family was going well, when Rosé's dad made a comment. “So when would you like your wedding.”

 

Due to the shock, Alex choked on the water she was drinking, almost spitting it out. “We-wedding?”

 

Rosé chuckled, rubbing Alex's back and giving her a tissue.

 

“Calm down dear, he’s just kidding.” Rosé's mom said, shaking her head and reprimanding her husband. Alex swore that she almost had a heart attack, she hated those kinds of jokes. The type of jokes that'll give you a mental breakdown. 

 

Overall, the lunch went well. Rosé's parents were easy going and fun to be with, especially her father. It made Alex wish that Mina's parents were as supportive as Rosé's, but there's nothing she could do about it.

 

Rosé walked Alex out of their house, when she saw Jin, the man Rosé was supposed to be engaged with, in front of their gate.

 

Jin looked at Alex as if he could kill her. Alex didn't know why the guy was looking at her like that, she just thought that he's Chaeyoung's brother or cousin, but not when the guy started dragging Chaeyoung out of the house. 

 

“Hey!” Alex panicked as she saw Chaeyoung struggling to get out of the grip. 

 

“And who are you?” Jin kept on glaring at her, but Alex had to hide the fact that she was intimidated. 

 

“She’s my girlfriend!” Chaeyoung shouted at his face. She never really like Jin.

 

The latter scoffed, “And you expect me to believe that?”

 

“Just accept it, jin.” Chaeyoung glared back at him. She knew from the very first time they met that Jin is the possessive and controlling type of man even with an angel face.

 

“Ha! If I know, you two are only pretending just to get out of this.”

 

“What more do you want?” 

 

“I need proof.”

 

Chaeyoung inhaled deeply before kissing Alex quickly, giving Jin the show that he wanted.

 

Jin was definitely disgusted, and he didn't try to hide it. He walked out, cursing the two of them.

 

“Am I a great kisser?” Chaeyoung wiggled her eyebrows, trying not to create a awkward atmosphere between her and Alex. 

 

Alex crossed her arms. “For someone who looks so innocent, you are. Although, of course, that doesn’t mean that I enjoyed it.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter