Chapter 1

Heed the call of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Mina. Do you know when’s the deadline for our project in History?” Alex asked one of her most reliable classmate in terms of academics. Although of course, there’s ella too, but there’s no way she’s going to ask her.

 

Mina looked at the owner of the voice. “Umm… Tuesday next week.”

“Oh. Thanks.” She went back doing her thing and made sure to write it on her planner.

 

Their Philosophy teacher isn’t around so they have a one hour free time. Everybody was on their own worlds, studying, drawing, singing, while Alex is talking to her friends.

 

“ You know, I noticed that most of your crushes are smart. 7th grade it was Nicole, 9th grade it was kath, then now it’s ella?” Nayeon was able to observe the pattern. She pities her friend as Alex is always in a one sided love. Alex’s past crushes is in a relationship with someone while ella, her new crush, is straight.

 

“ Yeah, I noticed that too. Can you keep your voice down? Somebody may hear it.” She once thought of why she has a crush on these girls and she noticed the similarities, they’re all smart, funny, friendly, and popular. She thought about it to the extent that she realised that these characteristics are the ones she wants to have.

 

“ But why don’t you have a crush on Mina?” Sana joined the conversation. She thinks that Mina would be Alex's next crush once she gets over Ella, that is if she can get over ella, who drives Alex crazy.

 

“Myoui Mina?”

 

“Umm.. yeah? She’s the only Mina here in the whole school.” Sana rolled her eyes at how slow her friend is.

 

Alex scratched the back of her head. “Really? I thought it’s a common name?”

 

“ Back to my question.”

 

“ Oh, right.. Well, I don’t really know. We rarely talk. And plus, she’s almost… too perfect.” Mina intimidates her a little bit. They said nobody is perfect but Alex describes her as the word perfect in human form. Mina has a good family background, she has the looks, she’s very smart, friendly too, and talented, it’s as if she doesn’t have a single flaw, and that fact gives Alex goosebumps. 

 

“ Isn’t that supposed to be a good thing?” Nayeon asked. 

 

“ Maybe. I don’t know. Why are we even talking about this? How about we talk about when you left me last Saturday?” Alex crossed her arms as she remembered what happened during the weekend when the three of them went to eat at a restaurant and the two left her to pay for the food.

 

“What are you talking about?” The two let out a nervous laugh before standing up to avoid Alex.

 

“Yah!”

 

 

 

Mina was reading her book when her friend decided to disturb her.

 

“Let’s go out tomorrow! There’s a brand new boutique at 8th street!” Tiffany revealed her eyesmile as she excitedly told Mina, who’s reading in advance.

 

She closed her book and looked at her friend. “ I can’t, I have to attend to my english lessons.”

 

“ Again? You had science classes yesterday.”

 

Mina sighed. She’s also tired of attending these classes but she knows that she can’t really do anything about it. “ You know I can’t go out especially during the weekdays.” 

 

“Fine. I’ll just ask Victoria to come with me.” Tiffany left to go to the other side of the room, leaving Mina guilty for not being able to accompany her.

 

 

Dismissal

 

Mina left immediately and went to her english classes, which is the class that she hates the most. After having to deal with english for an hour she asked the driver to drop her at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter