Chapter 26

Heed the call of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 26

 

“I thought you said you wanted me to call you babe?” Alex laughed it off, ruffling Jennie’s hair. 

 

Jennie’s eyebrows furrowed, confusion written all over her face. “Wouldn’t Mina get mad if she hears that?” 

 

Alex had to blink a couple of times before she was able to say, “Why would she get mad?” She didn’t really get why Jennie was acting that way.

 

“Umm… Because she’s your girlfriend?” 

 

Alex gasped, her eyes widened at the realisation. “You…You’re in your proper mind right now? I mean, you’re back to your old self?” Her hands did all the gestures as she asked, thinking that it’s too good to be true.

 

Instead of answering Alex’s queries, Jennie had her eyes wide, as if there were a lot of things going on on her mind. 

 

“Oh my god,” Jennie mumbled. She tried opening once again but not a word came out. She was having a flashback on what had happened after the accident, as if she was watching a movie on her mind.

 

“You remember now? Like all?” Alex scooted closer, trying to interrogate Jennie, who only nodded in reply. The memories of what she had done left her speechless.

 

“Who am I? Am I your best friend or girlfriend?” Alex asked, wanting to make sure that her best friend is really back to her right senses.

 

Jennie gulped before slowly answering,“…Best…Friend…”

 

“Thank god you’re back!” The relief Alex felt showed when she almost jumped on Jennie, giving her a tight hug. A really tight one that Jennie almost choked.

 

“What the hell happened to me?” Jennie asked once Alex had let go of her. She couldn’t believe all of her actions and the way her brain thinks.

 

A smile slowly crept into Alex’s face, creeping out Jennie. “What?”

 

Alex placed an arm over Jennie’s shoulders, “I’m just glad you’re back now, babe.”

 

Glaring at the girl beside her, Jennie shoved Alex away and covered her face with her hands. “Ugh! SHUT UP!” 

 

“Why? What did I do, babe?” Alex teased more, having fun seeing her best friend in deep embarrassment. 

 

“Shut the up lex!” 

 

“Yah! Language!” Alex flicked Jennie’s forehead. She didn’t like it when Jennie swears, which is why Jennie would keep herself from swearing, but not today.

 

“Stop making fun me!” The mess Jennie did after the accident made her feel terrible that she already wanted to die on the spot, although of course she didn’t mean any of it.

 

“Alright, alright. But does your head hurt or?” The worry for her best friend never left her ever since the accident. 

 

“No, I’m good.”

 

Alex nodded. She suddenly remembered something that she thinks she and Jennie should talk about. “Umm… Jen,” she called.

 

“Mmm?” Jennie looked at Alex, giving her all her attention.

 

Alex didn’t know how to start, but she can only wish that Jennie wouldn’t feel awkward or uncomfortable talking about it. “About what happened to us, the… you know.” She said, pertaining to when they were watching movies.

 

“Oh. Go on.”

 

“I’m really sorry. I made a mistake that day. I shouldn’t have done that. I hope nothing will change between us because of that.” 

 

“Of course, nothing will change.” Jennie chuckled, wearing a facade that no one can would suspect, not even Alex. 

She was deeply hurt. Hurt because Alex only thought of the kiss as a mistake when she had loved every second of it. Hurt because she was the only one who felt happy and satisfied at that time. However she couldn’t do anything but accept the fact that Alex is already taken by somebody else, and what they did was wrong. But Jennie couldn’t help but wonder why Alex kissed her back that time. None of them were drunk, and of course there was no drugs involved, so it didn’t make sense that Alex will kiss her back if she didn’t feel anything. Nonetheless, Jennie didn’t ask anymore, knowing that it’ll be the best for the two of them. Especially when Alex thinks that it was a mere mistake.

 

“Does Mina know?”

 

Alex sighed, looking away. “No, I haven’t told her.”

 

“But don’t you think she needs to know the truth? You know how small problems become the cause of a big one.” As much as Jennie wished deep inside her that Alex and Mina would break up, the good side of her always prevails, which is why she wants Alex to fix her relationship. She wanted Alex to be on the right path.

 

Alex started drawing circles with her fingers on the sheets. “I know, but she’ll no doubt get mad at me, and who knows what can happen.” She was already looking down, knowing that she’s not doing the right thing.

 

“So what are you going to do?”

 

“I don’t really know.” Alex had thought of ways on how to bring it up, but she just couldn’t. She made a mistake and Mina deserves to know, but as she keeps on delaying it, the more she doesn’t want to tell Mina.

 

“But . we’re late.” Jennie looked at the wall clock.

 

Alex glanced at the clock as well, slightly panicking as she saw the time. “Oh my god it’s already 9.”

 

“Oh great. It’s even raining.” The two hadn’t notice it but the bright sun was replaced by drops of rain while they were talking.

 

Alex averted her gaze at the windo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter