Chapter 25

Heed the call of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 25

 

 

A sudden shrill rings broke the silence in the living room. Reaching out her phone, Alex hesitated for a mere second before picking it up.

 

“Hello?” 

 

“Lex?” The once endearing and heart warming voice of her girlfriend suddenly became chilling and poisonous to Alex. If this was the consequence for what she had done, she had to accept it.

 

“Oh. Mina. What’s up?” Alex stood up from the couch and signalled to Jennie that she was just going to answer it.

 

“I miss you already,” Mina whined. The adorable tone of her voice almost made Alex forget about what she did. 

 

“Me too. I already missed you before you even left.” Alex displayed a sad smile on her face, the guilt she’s feeling draining her whole self. 

 

A chuckle came from the other line, “Well then, I’d have to talk to the gods to make the day end faster.”

 

“Uhuh. You definitely should.”

 

Mina had to hang up right after since her dad was calling her for dinner. 

Meanwhile, Alex decided that it’ll be for the best to stay away from Jennie as of now so that she can think over what she did and give herself a proper lecturing. 

 

 

Two days after, Mina finally arrived home. She went straight to school, excited to see her girlfriend, even though her parents allowed her to skip a day of school. She hadn’t seen Alex for 3 days and she sure is delighted to finally see and hug her girlfriend. 

 

“Alex-ah” Mina called once she saw Alex sitting on her desk. The latter turned around, hearing the sweet voice of her girlfriend, and engulfed her in a hug, expressing how much she missed her. 

 

Alex hadn’t been good. She thought that school works can distract her from all the thoughts that she had been having, but unfortunately, no. It had been hell for her. She regretted what she had done, and decided that she would tell Mina the truth. However, seeing how Mina was very happy, she didn’t want to turn her smile 180 degrees. 

 

“Where’s Jennie?” Mina looked around, expecting Jennie to pop out somewhere.

 

“She said she’ll go to school tomorrow. Said she’s not ready yet.” Alex chuckled, knowing that her best friend was just being lazy.

 

“Oh right! I have something for you.” Alex smiled cheekily and picked up something from the side of her table. “Here.” She handed the freshly picked flowers from the flower boutique near the school. 

 

“Ooh… Why are you suddenly being so sweet?” Mina teasingly squinted her eyes, before taking the flower and inhaling its scent.

 

Alex crossed her arms and leaned on her table. “I have always been sweet, you probably just didn’t notice it.” 

 

“Oh really?” Mina teased more, placing her bag on her desk and taking out her things.

 

Alex proudly nodded, “Uhuh.” 

 

“Oh you’re back. I thought the world was coming to an end when you were absent yesterday.” Nayeon joined the conversation, standing beside Alex.

 

“Yup I’m back. I was on a business trip with my parents.” 

 

“Right, Alex told me.” Nayeon glanced at Alex and a smirk appeared on her lips, alarming Alex. “You should’ve seen how miserable this girl looked,” Nayeon pointed her thumb beside her, “She was spacing out the whole day yesterday. I’m not even exaggerating.” Nayeon kept on talking that Alex had to push her aside to keep herself from being more embarrassed. She knows to herself that it wasn’t because she missed Mina that’s why she was spacing out.

 

Nayeon went to Jungyeon, one of their classmates, in order to give the two some time to talk. 

 

“So what did you do while I was away?” Mina asked, resting her chin on her hands while staring lovingly at Alex. She really did miss the latter.

 

Alex’s heart started beating faster for some reason, “Umm… Well, I went to the mall with Jen, we watched some movies and… yeah.” She wanted to tell Mina the truth, but Alex thought that now isn’t the right time, thinking that it’ll only ruin their day.

 

A frown made its way to Mina’s face.“That’s it? Tch. You should’ve at least brought Jennie to the amusement park or something. She must’ve been disappointed to be hanging out with someone as boring as you,” Mina said half heartedly.

 

“Yah!” Alex flicked Mina’s girlfriend lightly before asking, “How about you? How was the trip?” Alex turned the spotlight to mina, not wanting to remember what had happened between her and Jennie, especially when Mina is in front of her.

 

The fancy din

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter