27

Just Because
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Alien of the day...[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

 

Exam week was coming up, and students are diligently training for the battlefield.

 

Aside from their upcoming mid-term exams, there were still college entrance exams to study for.

 

Students who are determined to pass in their most preferred school do all means to get a very high grade. Some dedicate their break time sticking their noses in different academic books, while some prefer going to night cram school.

 

Eunjoo was in the latter group, because she was sure nothing was going to enter her brain with stuffing everything in it all at once.

 

Besides, she couldn't seem to focus with her friends around.

 

EXO, having finished with their monsterific promotions (a/n: see what I did there? You get me, EXO-L pips?), seemed to have a lot of time in their hands and used this time to hang out with Eunjoo. Imagine having to spend with a dozen different people in twelve consecutive days (a/n: that doesn't sound too bad to me ahaha lel); she was going to lose her mind.

 

Baekhyun, whenever with Eunjoo, wasn't much of a problem since he was always reserved around her now that he was serious with Hana. But sometimes, Eunjoo just can't handle his cheesiness and constant nagging about Hana this and Hana that. He was even glad to tell to her that he and Hana were in the same university while his girlfriend was taking up pharmacy instead. Eunjoo somehow enjoyed watching her best friend giggle like a schoolgirl, but she was happier that Baekhyun was very happy with Hana.

 

BTS was another problem; another huge distraction. Well, at least some of the members are.

 

Seokjin stuck around his girlfriend the most, but at times the couple would bother Eunjoo if she had a new love life. Eunjoo shook her head at that because school and college entrance exams were more important than the matters of her heart, though she can't seem to shake off the feeling that Sejin and Seokjin weren't the only one interested in her answer.

 

Yoongi, Namjoon and Hoseok were somewhat inseparable, discussing the beats and lyrics they should produce for their next amateur album. Although, mostly Hoseok was more enthusiastic with dancing than rapping so the other two rappers push him away to the younger ones who might be as enthusiastic as Hoseok is with dance.

 

And so, here comes the trio who bothers Eunjoo the most.

 

Eunjoo always thought of Jimin as the most energetic, especially with his random dancing and very bright smile. But she really can't believe that Park Jimin is more than he really is around BTS. That is, she gets double the intensity of chatter from Jimin.

 

Taehyung was, Taehyung - no need to explain. A random and weird person, who is quiet in one minute, but noisy in the next. He usually just pops out of nowhere, in which Eunjoo can't really get used to. Even when they are sitting beside each other, the moment he speaks, Eunjoo just gasps in surprise. He recently had this unsettling gaze, his soul lost in his indecipherable thoughts. When they do ask him what the matter is, Taehyung answers with a petty problem. But, somehow Eunjoo can't believe his answers.

 

"Is this about college?" She asks randomly as they were done for group work and they were paired together as a group.

 

"What?" Taehyung asks, his eyes wide and looking straight at Eunjoo while his mouth was slightly ajar.

 

Eunjoo propped her head on her palm and stared back at Taehyung, "Strangely enough, you've been acting really weird. Weirder than you have been before; Is something the matter, Tae?"

 

For a moment, the boy just stares back at Eunjoo, with a familiar stoic face. Eunjoo readies herself for when he starts to say something out-of-the-blue because it always surprises her. "No. I'm fine. I'm taking up education major in mathematics as a course. I have a stuffed lion back at home."

 

And then, Taehyung was back to being himself. So, Eunjoo bothered no more.

 

But, Taehyung was the least of her worries because how could she forget Jeon Jungkook, her ex-boyfriend?

 

He was the most troubling among the rest of her friends. Because, although they had broken up, he stuck around more than when they were together. Jeon Jungkook was even livelier around her now, (She actually received the shock of a lifetime when Jungkook started to reply with 'ahahaha' when they texted each other. It wasn't even the sarcastic 'haha' but an honest 'ha (3x)') and this caused chaos amongst their schoolmates.

 

A lot of the pupils wondered if Eunjoo and Jungkook had really broken up.

 

How could they not when Jungkook ate at lunch with her often when Eunjoo wasn't hanging out with EXO or just Baekhyun? How could they not wonder when Jungkook still waits for her outside her last subject's room then walks with her home (sometimes with Baekhyun and Hana)? How could they not wonder when the ever-straight-faced Jeon Jungkook was a ball of smiling sunshine (though nobody can ever compare to Park Jimin's sweet or Min Yoongi's gummy smiles) only around her - excluding the moments when he is with BTS?

 

Just as the last bell rung, Eunjoo had this nagging feeling that someone was staring at her shamelessly. And when she looked around, she met eyes with Taehyung and his furrowed eyebrows. She looked back at him while she mirrored his expression, "Is something wrong, Taehyung?"

 

In that moment, he pursed his lips then showed to her a tight-lipped smile while he shook his head. Taehyung then got up, sling his bag unceremoniously on his shoulder, and said his usual weird farewell towards her, with Jimin.

 

Eunjoo followed their figures and when they had opened the door, she could swear she saw Jungkook leaning on the wall beside the door. When her leaving classmates made shocked greetings at that door, her assumption was cleared, though she couldn't understand why she was smiling slightly with the thought of him.

 

When she reached the door, she caught a glimpse of Jungkook's usual stoic face before it contorted in a slight smile as soon as he laid his eyes and recognized her.

 

"Hi." He greeted, pushing his hand inside his blazer pockets and leaning one shoulder on the wall beside the door hinges.

 

Eunjoo stepped away from the door, eventually

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter