13

Just Because
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Maybe it’s time…[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

Not everything goes as planned.

 

Eunjoo realized that three weeks after.

 

She was supposed to have her braces adjusted two weeks ago, but she was spared because apparently Dr. Byun had some urgent business to attend to at that time. She didn't mind, but she wasn't keen on having a tighter pull on her next appointment. She was already expecting that to happen.

 

Taehyung kept on teasing Eunjoo about her and Jungkook while Jimin was starting to subtly persuade her to kiss Jungkook just so he could win the bet.

 

Lately, she got to hang out with Baekhyun - and, occasionally, EXO only after classes every Monday and Friday. While the rest of the days and her weekends were dedicated to beating Jungkook in games.

 

She couldn't say their relationship was getting better. Jungkook occasionally becomes the random sweet boyfriend.

 

Like that one time when they were at the bus and he'd just suddenly shared his earphones with her, playing her kind of music - but she wasn't sure if he enjoyed mellow tunes as he is a hip hop artist after all - when she left her phone and earphones one day.

 

Or that one time he waited, with a big bottle of cold water and a clean dry towel, for her to finish her gym subject.

 

There was also that one time when he took her to a retro-themed restaurant that showcased old vinyl records and a classic jukebox. They spent their entire stay there picking out and playing label records, which Eunjoo happened to know the lyrics of, causing her to silently sing to it. And although she knows by heart how ridiculous her voice was, she heard a silent compliment from Jungkook about how cutely she sang. All that time, they were glued to the hips and their arms brushed against each other.

 

Their bus routine also changed; it wasn't drastic, but it still changed. Jungkook would always wait for Eunjoo outside her room - because apparently he manages to leave his classes earlier than she - and then immediately takes her hand into his as they walk along the corridor until they reached the bus stop.

 

But, Jungkook was quiet as always.

 

They ate together during lunch time every-day. Occasionally, Jungkook tells Eunjoo about how he hated Korean History - especially the teacher - while the latter tells how she fell asleep on her previous subject before lunch break. But other than those small insignificant talks, Jungkook never spoke about anything else. Those were rare moments as he mostly eats without even uttering a single word.

 

During their bus rides, they usually kept to their own business playing with their phones while listening to their own preference of music. It does make Eunjoo wonder, however, why Jungkook opts to sit beside her - and why he lets her take the seat beside the window when he clearly enjoys gazing out the glass - when he could simply choose another seat. She didn't bother asking because she knew his response very well.

 

The only time he was rowdy was when he spends his time with his BTS hyungs. Sometimes they but most of the time he teases them. He can't seem to shut his mouth when he does start singing. Whatever tune comes out of his head, he expresses it through singing. Eunjoo knew her boyfriend was a great singer - and, apparently also a talented rapper - but it always surprises her whenever she got to hear him sing.

 

But, when it came to dancing (which amused Eunjoo even more because, what else could Jeon Jungkook not do?), it was a different story. He was the quietest when he sometimes brings her along during their dance studio. The moment they all take their positions in front of the mirror, Eunjoo is in total awe when their dorky expressions turn very charismatic after the first beat of their music. (She was mostly surprised to see lethargic Yoongi dance, and Seokjin and Namjoon dace clumsily) She'd hold on to Jungkook's stuff while she watched, and she doesn't deny the fact that a sweaty Jungkook was very lethal whenever he comes to rest beside her.

 

Their parents still nag them to let them meet their partner. Eunjoo's mother was especially whiny about it now that Eunjoo started to spend more hours outside with her boyfriend. But, in her defense, it was only because she did want to beat Jungkook at a game he introduced to her.

 

One weekend, Eunjoo strolled over to Jungkook's house clad with skinny denim high waist jeans, a white Star Wars graphic tee that said the typical 'May the Force Be with You' line, a pair of peach sandals, and a determined expression.

 

She waited a few moments after she rang the doorbell outside. Jungkook opened up the door, comfy in black basketball shorts and a plain red sleeveless shirt. Eunjoo tried not to mind his attractive slightly hairy legs and prominent bicep muscles as she stepped inside the empty house. She never asked where the rest of his family were, because she wasn't complainin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter