Smaller

BTS Behind the Camera
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hi, it’s Jenny. I have made up my mind. I would like to take your opportunity”

“Oh I am glad, you will need to be at LA in 2 days. Don’t worry I will get you the flight.”

---------------

Last night was too much. A normal human being would soon go through the stages of grief:  denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. I decided that I wouldn’t start the process until I left Korea. Is it easy? No. Do I hate attachment again? Yes.  Like anyone who would hide their feelings, I decided to play it cool and busy myself with informing people the new news.

Starting with Millia

I was back at the hotel for hours, but Millia came back in the morning doing god knows what. She came in, she was not clearly drunk. I gave her a serious glance.

“Oh you made the decision.” She faced me. “Oh no Jenny, what’s wrong?”

I didn’t have it in me to spill my true feelings. “I am taking Campbell’s opportunity.”

“Well I’m good with that. Why aren’t you hap-- No. did something happen? With Jimin?”

“Yes, we are no longer together.”

She looked horrified at my lack of emotions. “Oh I’m so sorry. Jenny.” She said genuinely, offering a hug.

“No Millia. I’m not losing it until I leave here.” I said firmly

She tilted her head sideways like a dog that had just lost its fetching stick. I continued. “I can only loose so much. I want to enjoy my last day here, not dread it, okay.”

“If that’s what you want. I’m here for you.”

“It’s fine alright!” I snapped. I took a deep breath. “I’m going to tell, our manager and Mr. Lang the news.”

 I told the manager that I would not be taking the two year. He said for us to keep in touch. Then for Mr. Lang He didn’t like that I had turned down the manager’s offer. But when I told him it was Campbell he understood. I sent him my rough draft schedule so I could work on the movie and still get my degree.

After these calls, I was done. I needed a break. I grabbed my camera and headed out downtown. I wandered and took pictures. Pictures of signs, restaurants, streets, people, cars. Everything. Behind Each picture had a memory. I couldn’t bear to look back at the photos, I had to keep moving forward, before I would fall. Food, maybe that’s what I need? I went to a traditional Korean restaurant, oh the US doesn’t even compare to this. I thought while eating surplus amounts of food. After, I spent 3 more hours wandering, by then it had gotten dark. I had to pack.

I was back at the hotel fully packing everything. Millia was packed by the time I arrived. She went out to say goodbye to some of her friends. But Bts the ones that will be missed the most were incredibly busy today. On top of that w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter