Jaehwan

Destined Souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~~~Jaehwan couldn’t decide how he felt at that moment. He was excited but at the same time, scared out of his wits. He was sure that there were going to be some rude people, and those he could deal with. He just wasn’t sure if he was really cut out for sports.

Still, the school team really wanted Jaehwan. Ms. Kim said that it might be good for him; help him release all of the pent up energy into something productive. The track director had been entirely onboard to trying him out in a few races, since he had seen some of Jaehwan’s more severe episodes. He knew Jaehwan’s craziness better than the man himself, and he was very eager to have that on the team.

Even so, Jaehwan wasn’t sure if this was what he really wanted. He decided to come just to try it out, solely to see if it really did any good.

“Alright Ms. Kim, I’ll see you at home tonight.” Jaehwan waved as he stepped out of the car, saying goodbye to his pseudo mother.

“Be sure to call me if you need a ride!”

“When have I ever been too tired to walk?”

“We can only hope. Have a good time Jaehwan!” Ms. Kim waved as she drove off, leaving the school. Jaehwan sighed, walking towards the track and field practice area. Everyone was supposed to be here already, since coach had said that he wanted some time to introduce Jaehwan to the team officially.

Sure enough, Jaehwan walked down to see the entire track team sitting on the grass. They all stared at him as he moved down to meet the coach, hushed whispers spreading throughout the crowd.

“Isn’t that….Lee Jaehwan?””

“He’s the guy that went crazy a few months back. He entirely destroyed the science room, but the school just let him off.”

“I heard someone say that he’s actually from a mental hospital.”

“I would stay away from him, he’s got some screws loose.”

“I stopped by him in the hallway the other day, he was standing completely still and talking to himself. He was making all these weird noises and his eyes were nuts! I’m telling you, there’s something wrong with him.”

“Is he here as some kind of special program?” Needless to say, Jaehwan was quite infamous for being the schools crazy. Although he couldn’t remember 90% of any of the situations these people were talking about, he didn’t care much. 50% of them were probably lies.

As soon as Jaehwan reached the coach, the elder instantly started shouting for everyone to be quiet. They listened, but Jaehwan could practically hear them all gossiping in their heads.

“Alright people listen up! Now I know some of the things you’ve heard, but right now I am telling you all to forget them. Don’t even remember the idea of them, and give him a chance. As you’re all aware, this is Lee Jaehwan. From now on, he’s a part of this team. He is NOT someone you can all tease, he is you’re teammate. Do you understand me?!”

“Yes sir!” Every voice in the crowd spoke. Jaehwan had already been through this though, and he knew most of those people lied.

“Good. Now, no one is being given special treatment. Let’s home you catch up fast Jaehwan, since we have a meet in two weeks and you’re going. Everyone, I want 10 minutes of non-stop laps as fast as you can! Go, go, go!”

 Jaehwan followed as everyone stood and started running, him doing the same. He stayed by himself the whole time, but then again he knew that would happen as well. He really didn’t care much.

By the end of the practice, Jaehwan was actually pretty satisfied. Was it fun? No. Did it do some good? Yes. He was pretty good at it as the entire practice he had lapped everyone at least twice. He wasn’t good in the technicalities yet, but skill wise he was more than capable. 

Leaving practice, his coach pulled him over for a minute to speak with him.

“Yeah sir?”

“Jaehwan, you’ve been holding out on me! Ask Ms. Kim, but if possible I want you to compete with us this weekend out of town. You’ll need to come in and learn the rules, but you’re a natural at this! It would be a shame for those people to miss out on this.”

“Alright coach, I’ll ask.”~~~~~~

Hakyeon’s idea to go out together for a little while, completely the smartest thing that had been said all day. They had only gone over for a small greeting, but before they knew it everyone was piling into Hakyeon’s car and wondering where exactly they were being dragged too.

“Hakyeon hyung, will you turn on the heater? Hongbin hyung is going to get sick!”

“You don’t have to worry so much, I’ll be okay for a little bit.”

“No Hongbin hyung! When mommy is nice she always said to stay out of the cold because it will get you sick easier!”

“When she’s nice? Wait a minute, what do you mean when she’s nice?”

“Is that really what’s important right now will someone come and help me? Hakyeon or Taekwoon I could really use some assistance here!”

“I’m trying to get the car started Jaehwan.”

“…….what do yyou need?”

“Wonshik is crushing me alive here this car is too tiny for him to sit on my lap!” Jaehwan struggled underneath the heavy man, not understanding why they left them together. He remembered specifically demanding to not be the one carrying him, but here he was.

“This is only a five seater, and Taekwoon can’t be that close to all of you. You’re going to have to deal with it Jaehwan.”

“Why me?! Why can’t we hand him to Sanghyuk he’s giant!”

“No. My Hyukkie will not be carrying any sleeping Wonshik’s he will drop him for sure.”

“Well then you need to take him Hongbin because he is the worst sleeper in the world and I will not be kic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter