Hongbin

Destined Souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~~~Hongbin lie underneath the beds covers, his body so still one could have possibly mistaken him for a corpse. He supposed that he had been around some sort of virus, who or what it came from could have been anything under the sun. It had most likely just been a bad fever for everyone else, however it hit Hongbin like a semi-truck.

“I’m sorry that I took so long my sweetheart. I’m here now, alright, and I have the right medicine with me. Let’s get you better.” Hongbin felt bad for his grandmother, having to see him in this state. She now acted as if it was nothing, however Hongbin knew that it was difficult. It was difficult for him too.

Hongbin did not have the strength to sit up, nor to lift a finger for that matter. He had no option but to lie there as his grandmother spoon fed him medicine dissolved into soup like some three year old.

“This is all you need to take today. Until you get better, the doctor said you can’t process all those different things. You only need to finish this bowl, sweetheart. Just endure it for a little longer.”

Finishing it was a task Hongbin could do, holding it down was another story. A single spoonful already had bile rising up his throat, however Hongbin had to force it down.

Hongbin’s throat made gagging noises as it forced the liquids to stay in his body. He didn’t want to, it felt as if he was going to choke to death.

“I’m so sorry. I tried to make the bowl small but any less and it would have been the wrong dosage. Please, just a little further.”

Hongbin wanted to speak to her. Tell that it was alright, however he knew talking was out of the question. Hongbin’s primary concern was not choking to death on this single bowl of soup.

An hour and a half later, Hongbin had finally completed it. His lungs let out heavy breaths, his chest feeling as if it’s going to collapse on him. It had been rough to say the least, however Hongbin no longer wanted to relive the nasty details.

“It’s over now. The medicine will make you feel better. You’re going to get better, so just rest. I’ll be back in to check on you in a bit.” With that, his grandmother left the room. Hongbin wished he could scream after her. He wanted her to come back. He knew it was selfish to force her to look at this any longer, however he didn’t want to endure it alone.

He was grateful when the darkness came over him. The lingering pain the sickness had brought him was always present, however he could handle it in within his dreams.

Hongbin figured the illness must be making his mind foggy, as his dreams currently were more like nightmares. Memories relived in a 3rd perspective.

Hongbin felt truly useless watching the sight. It was the sight his grandmother currently had to look at. Hongbin lie tucked firmly underneath the covers, sweat dripping off his body and his forehead radiating heat in waves. His eyelid’s fluttered as moans escaped past his lips, his body occasionally thrashing as Hongbin chocked on whatever disgusting thing was next.

Hongbin awoke abruptly, leaning over his bed frame and painfully emptying his stomach. ~~~~~

Speaking with Sanghyuk that day, Hongbin felt as if it had opened his eyes. He felt as if he had been introduced to an entirely different life style after learning more about Sanghyuk.

Throughout the day all Sanghyuk had wanted to do was play. Once they ran out of interesting carnival games he was more than eager to make up his own, and Hongbin found he nearly had to scold the boy to get him to stop for a moment. Still Hongbin found the matter really cute, however something odd struck him about it. Sanghyuk loved games, but he never wanted to play alone.

Usual teenagers would rather lock themselves in their room than do anything with others, however Sanghyuk craved companionship. He may by immature, however in many ways Sanghyuk was still a teenager. It was unnatural for him to be so attached to people the way he was, however if Hongbin tried to simply go get food for the two on his own, Sanghyuk would beg and plead that the younger go with him.

Past that, the only thing Sanghyuk may have loved as much as the games was food. It was astonishing how much that boy could eat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter