Hakyeon

Destined Souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~~~Hakyeon knew that it was stupid, and he knew that it was irresponsible. That was the point though, right? He was a teenager, he was fully healthy and there was absolutely nothing severely wrong with him. Why couldn’t he sneak out for just one night?

Hakyeon exited the front door, taking his mother’s keys on his way out. He had just gotten his license recently so he didn’t have his own car yet. Also his mother’s car was a newer model, meaning it was quiet. He would be able to leave without being heard.

Hakyeon exited the house, driving towards the opposite direction. His friends had wanted him to meet them at some movie theater out of town. Hakyeon had never heard of it before, but it sounded like it would be a good time. He was excited.

He hadn’t been extremely concerned, however the longer he drove the worse the weather got. It had started raining, and it looked like a storm was well on its way. Hakyeon’s previous excitement was beginning to transform into worry. It was getting pretty severe, therefore Hakyeon decided to call one of the people he was meeting to make sure this was still going to work.

“Hello?”

“Hey, are we still doing this. The rain is getting really bad.”

“Of course we are! It won’t be raining in the theater.”

“But what if a storm comes before we can make it back? How far is this place anyway? I’ve been driving for like 20 minutes.”

“From your house, maybe another 10? It’ll be fine! You worry too much.”

“I worry a fine amount thank you very much.”

“Just come, everything will work itself out.”

“Alright. I’m on my way.”

Hakyeon should have paid more attention. He knew that he shouldn’t have been on his phone, but a second thought had never crossed his mind. Everyone’s done it, and surely nothing would happen to him. He hadn’t realized that was wrong until it was too late.   

While Hakyeon was ending the phone call his car started to slide. He had been speeding, and the roads were soaking wet. Jerking the handle, he tried to fix it but it was too late. The car spun out and rolled a couple times. It only eventually stopped once it crashed into a ditch on the side of the road.

Initially he had lost consciousness. Hakyeon didn’t know for how long or we he started to come back, but he did start to wake up. When he did he was still trapped in the car, the seatbelt having held him in but now the metal was bent around him. There were bright flashing lights everywhere, sirens screaming all around him.

Hakyeon knew that he was hurt. He brought his hand towards his head, his fingers coming back soaked in blood. He was in pain, but the worst wasn’t his head. It was felt like something was pressing against his spine, and he didn’t think he could move.

Hakyeon felt tears pouring down his cheeks. His brain had barely been able to register the medical officials rushing towards him.

“Hello? Sir, can hear me?”

“Y-yes.”

“Sir, you’ve been in an accident. Don’t try to move; we’re going to get you out of there. Can you tell me, in what area are you feeling the most pain?” Hakyeon could barely answer. Everything hurt so badly and there was so much blood, but it was clear what part to reply with. At the very least, he knew what parts of his body were making him endure absolute agony.

“My-my neck. My back. It hurts---it really hurts.”~~~~~

Normally, Hakyeon tried his best not to make any severely rash decisions. He tried to think things through before he did them, but when he punched that guy it had been on instinct. Truthfully the man was lucky it had only been one, since he had seriously considered kicking him where the sun wouldn’t shine as brightly.

Still, rather than beating up the older brother, Hakyeon figured there focus should be on Sanghyuk. Sanghyuk needed them, and he wanted to be there quickly. Hakyeon felt his heart break when Sanghyuk jumped towards Hongbin. Hongbin held him, Hakyeon sitting on the ground to rest for a moment.

Sitting there, Hakyeon tried to think things through. Of course Sanghyuk was the priority, but there was one thing that just wouldn’t leave his mind. Sure he had been drunk, but that surely couldn’t be the only thing. Hakyeon wanted answers, and he decided that he might as well go against his word while he was at this.

Hongbin idea to take Sanghyuk to the car was very good, and truthfully they should have done it a while earlier than they had. Hakyeon trusted Hongbin to care for Sanghyuk. He could handle it until Hakyeon got back.

“Hakyeon, are you coming?” Hakyeon had been so lost in thought, he hadn’t even realized Hongbin was trying to go.

“Yeah, just give me a few minutes. I’ll call the others when I’m done.”

“Okay. Call me if you need any help.” Hopefully Haky

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter