Wonshik

Destined Souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~~Wonshik couldn’t deny that, his life was surely odd. It’s been years since he moved away from his old life and entered this one, however Wonshik was no closer to anything than he had been before. In fact he may be further away now.

Wonshik’s life was boring, entirely uninteresting in every sense it possibly could be. He slept, ate, slept, school, slept, tried to work, and slept some more. It really was an exhausting cycle. The only ones that at least attempted to understand being his parents. Now his parents had brought him here, thinking it was a necessary evil.

“And, when exactly do you feel tired?”

“All the time.”

“Can you be more specific?”

“No, it’s all the time. Every hour of every day.”

“How often do you sleep? Has it ever gotten in the way of your everyday life?”

“All the time. And getting in the way would be a huge understatement!”

Wonshik sat there, answering question after question about his sleeping patterns, daily lifestyle, yada yada yada. Just this was making him yawn, as it was taking little to no concentration. No one knew himself better than him of course.

“Wonshik, are you listening to me?”

“What? Oh…umm…mhmm.” He must have started dozing off.

“Is everything okay?”

“Great, just tired. Really really tired.” Before he could do anything about it, Wonshik was asleep again. Truthfully he had lasted much longer than usual. This should be an accomplishment.

Once he started rising, the doctor was no longer sat in front of him. Instead Wonshik was left murmuring and attempting to wake up, as he heard the sound of his parents and the doctor conversing.

“Should we go wake him up? Is that possible?”

“I think it’s best we just let him do it on his own time. There are still a few matters I would like to attend to.”

“Like what?”

“Do you want to seek treatment for Wonshik?”

“Treatment?”

“Yes, the test results from before have come back and I can fully confirm that your son has narcolepsy, which has caused many symptoms of hypersomnia as well. It’s not curable, but there are various drugs that we can prescribe him that may help.”

“We don’t want any drugs. Our family doesn’t believe in that type of thing.”

“Well, I’m afraid that’s pretty much the only thing you can do. Other than the few daily routine things I have mentioned to you, there’s not much else we can do for him.”

Wonshik sighed, closing his eyes once again. For the first time in a while, he actually welcomed sleep. That was easier than listening to this conversation. ~~~~~

Wonshik didn’t need to voice this, however he really liked his new group of friends. They were different than any other person he had ever met, and it felt good to just be there with them.  He liked them a lot, however he had discovered many things through them.

One thing: Either he was too fast, or they were really slow because dear lord did they take forever getting places! Jaehwan was by far the slowest, which Wonshik didn’t understand in the slightest. He moved constantly, yet somehow he was late to everything.

Despite how excited they all had been, that trend did not end today. Wonshik was the first to get there, having to wait ages until he saw Hakyeon pull up. Smiling, Wonshik stood. He was more than happy to go outside and meet them there, ready to move before he fell asleep. Once he saw the other, Hakyeon instantly began shouting.

“Shik-ah, you’re already here again? Come help us get Sanghyuk out of the car.” Wonshik did as he was told, walking towards him. He had done so, but hadn’t expect to see what he did.

“What’s wrong? He’s been crying.” Wonshik couldn’t hide his concern, his head instantly panicking over the thought of what could have happened. Sanghyuk didn’t cry unless there was a reason for it. Hakyeon and Hongbin didn’t look any better either.

“I’ll explain once everyone gets here. For now let’s just carry him inside.”

“No, Wonshik and I will do it. You need to be careful.”

“Did something happen to him too?!”

“He did a very STUPID thing, and I had to bring him his meds. You are not carrying this giant boy Cha Hakyeon!” No matter how much Hakyeon complained and protested, he already knew he was fighting a losing battle.

“Wonshik will get tired though!”

“What else is new? Just go inside.” This time it was Wonshik protesting, Hongbin and he moving to bring the youngest in with them. By the time they had got the four of them situated and bought Hakyeon a few snacks, Jaehwan and Taekwoon had finally arrived.

“Wwhat happened?”

“Tell us the story now why does my running buddy look so sad you should have told us all earlier but you made us

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter