Wonshik

Destined Souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~~Wonshik sat in class, trying his hardest to stay awake but also not really caring if he actually did or not. This lesson was boring anyway and Wonshik had been letting his mind wander throughout the whole lecture, so either way it really didn’t matter much.

It wasn’t like he was thinking of very enjoyable topics either, but rather one Wonshik would like to forget about. His parents refusing treatment for his condition.

He knew why they had done it, since they had been preaching it his entire life.

“Medicine is just unnecessary and does more harm than good in the end. No one needs those chemicals in their body when there are natural alternatives!” He had heard it his whole life, and personally wasn’t sure if they had the most educated opinion.

In some situations they were probably right, but after that day he was always left wondering if maybe they were wrong. The professional knew more than his parents in this situation, and he had said it would be a good idea to start taking it. There was a chance his life could be simpler, but he knew there was no way it was happening while he was still a minor.

Still, since the appointment months ago the thought had been haunting his brain. It was stuck and just refused to leave.

“Kim Wonshik! Would like to tell the class just what in your head is more important than my teaching right now?” ‘Crap.’ Wonshik looked up, seeing a very unhappy instructor staring back at him.

“Uhh, not really. It’s kind of…..personal.”

“Well give us the general version, unless you would like to spend the rest of your evening picking up trash around the hallways.” Wonshik really didn’t want to tell anyone, but he knew he wouldn’t last through that either.

“It was my parents…..they don’t believe in medicine but I need some.  That’s all, I’m sorry.” Wonshik looked to the ground, entirely embarrassed and humiliated. It wasn’t enough everyone thought he was a slacker, but now they all were gonna think he was diseased too. At least the teacher seemed pretty guilty, not expecting the answer he got.

“Well…I’m sorry about that but you need to talk with them about that later. Right now just pay attention.” That wasn’t going to happen, but after their awkward encounter earlier he wasn’t interested in calling students out anymore. Wonshik couldn’t blame him.

The teacher knew that Wonshik still wasn’t paying attention, but apparently he had decided it no longer mattered. Wonshik yawned, talking a pencil out and starting to sketch in the margins of his paper to pass the time.

All while he did, everyone around him was talking about just now.

“That was so weird. He’s such a looser.”

“I bet he doesn’t actually need any medicine, he just wants an excuse so he doesn’t have to work.”

“People like that aren’t even around anymore, right? Everyone takes something, what he said about his parents wasn’t even a real thing.”

Wonshik sighed, already foreseeing the places this could lead too. It was just two simple sentences, but before long it was going to be blown way out of proportion. ~~~~~~

Wonshik sat on the bench outside, watching Jaehwan as he shouted about what tricks he could do on the skateboard. Seeing his skills, he really didn’t know how to skateboard that well but it was cute seeing him try.

As usual Taekwoon had retreated to his room, Hakyeon was out doing lord only knows what. Wonshik knew it was a job of some sort, but not what he was doing or any details. He was always home at a reasonable time though, and he always had money so it paid well. Wonshik figured nothing past that was really his business.

Usually Wonshik would be out too, trying to find some simple job that he could stay awake long enough to do. Hongbin was just now starting to feel better though after his fall about a week ago, and Wonshik thought he should ease himself back into the usual routine.

Not only that but, they all feared that Sanghyuk was having trouble accepting that his mother had been hurting him. After Hongbin had explained what was wrong, he had never been the same since. He was still the cute giant he had been, but he wasn’t very talkative or loud anymore. They had bought him toys and offered to take him places, but Sanghyuk only wanted to play with little toy cars across the floor and not move.

No one really knew what to do, but they wanted to move fast. It was too weird not having their energetic little

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter