Sanghyuk

Destined Souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~~ “Please hyung, mommy said that you would be nice to me today.” Sanghyuk knew that he shouldn’t speak to his hyung, not when he was angry at least, but the words just kept coming out of his mouth. His mommy had left for the night. She spoke really kind when she left and told him that she had talked to hyung and that he would take care of him. He knew she had said that, but Sanghyuk was starting to think that his mommy had accidentally lied. Hyung was no different than usual, he was just really mean.

“Shut up about what mom said! I didn’t agree to babysit you, worthless little brat.” Sanghyuk felt wet tears fall down his cheeks as he felt his hyung grab his arm, twisting it in a weird direction. Sanghyuk wasn’t sure if arms usually went this way but it hurt.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry hyung. I just—I just don’t know how to make anything. I won’t bother you again. That hurts hyung, I’ll leave. I’m sorry.”

“Stop calling me hyung.” Sanghyuk felt his arm twist more, small screams coming out of his mouth. He didn’t get it, what had he done wrong? He didn’t know why anyone would say that, but he thought he should just pretend like he did know so that hyung would stop hurting him.

“I’m sorry, please let me go.” After his arm twisted one last time, Sanghyuk felt it drop. It still hurt….a lot…..but he still left just like he said he would. If he didn’t hyung might do worse.

After he left Sanghyuk ran away to his room, bursting into tears the moment he got there. He didn’t know what he was supposed to do. Hyung didn’t want him there, but Sanghyuk didn’t know how to do anything. He had gone in because he was hungry. It was way past the time Sanghyuk usually ate, but without mommy there he couldn’t eat.

Sanghyuk didn’t even know how to make toast. He only knew that it tasted good when mommy made it, even if she yelled at him when she did it sometimes. Now Sanghyuk had forgotten that he was hungry, now his arm hurt.

He didn’t know what to do, why does it even hurt like this? Was his arm not supposed to do that? Did hyung do this on purpose? No, maybe he didn’t know either.

He knew that he shouldn’t call her, but that was the only thing he knew how to do. Playing wouldn’t fix hurt, only his mommy would when she was really nice. Slowly, Sanghyuk took out his cellphone. He used his good arm, unable to move the other one.

After a couple rings he heard her pick up. “What do you want Sanghyuk? I told you not to call me.” She didn’t sound very nice right now.

“I’m sorry mommy. Hyung……you made a mistake. Hyung won’t take care of me, he touched my arm and it really hurts. It….it hurts mommy. How do I make it better?” It took a few moments but eventually she answered again. Apparently her mood changed once she heard him crying so hard, because Sanghyuk was instantly happier when she answered.

“What do he do to you? My poor baby. It’s okay, mommy will make it better.” ~~~~

Sanghyuk woke up the next day, his head groggy and his eyes not wanting to open. He had been hoping that it was all just a dream, unfortunately that’s not what he got. When Sanghyuk woke up he was still squished onto the couch with his hyung, Hakyeon hyung was still sound asleep. He was sleeping, but Sanghyuk noticed there were weird dark circles under his eyes. He didn’t know what they were though…..not that that was surprising.

If he was honest, Sanghyuk didn’t think he wanted to get up. He was still sad, and that confused him but the fact that he was confused just made him even sadder. It was a circle that Sanghyuk didn’t like. Playing wasn’t fixing it this time though. His toy cars were his favorite and they usually fixed everything, but it didn’t work this time.

No matter how much Sanghyuk wanted to go back to sleep, he didn’t think it was a good idea. His nice hyungs wouldn’t like it if he slept all day.

Instead Sanghyuk grabbed the remote control from the table, being careful not to move his Hakyeon hyung. He an episode of SpongeBob that was playing, turning the sound really low so he wouldn’t wake anyone up. 

SpongeBob was funny, but it didn’t make him laugh. He liked the show, but he thought maybe he shouldn’t. Neither his nice hyungs nor his mean hyung liked cartoons, so maybe that was something that little kids watched. If so that would explain why Sanghyuk liked it.

~~~~….You’re too old to be doing that sort of crap anyways.”~~~~~

Sanghyuk remembered his hyung saying that, a long time ago but it still happened. Sanghyuk just wanted to know what he liked because he still acts little and what he just liked. His mean hyung’s words made him think that this was something baby’s watch.

“Sanghyuk-ah, are you okay? What’s wrong sweat pea?” Sanghyuk wasn’t expecting anyone to be there. When he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter