Hakyeon

Destined Souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~~Mind anxiously spinning, Hakyeon waited within the small room as the officials went through all of the applications. The atmosphere was plain, and long ago he never would have imagined sitting within a place like this however his options were quite limited.

 Leaving home Hakyeon had never considered which way he would make a living. Having no previous job experience, as well as a medical condition created many obstacles to get in his way. With so many other candidates, why would anyone in their right mind accept Hakyeon? This place was an office where he would simply do paperwork, occasionally running errands however it was a paying job. That was the only requirement that he had at this point.

This particular time the wait seemed to be longer, but Hakyeon didn’t know if that was beneficial or not. There were few people looking for the job, not too stellar if he were honest. Hakyeon wouldn’t pick himself, but he wouldn’t pick any of the other people as well.

Eventually it did end however. Someone who looked like an intern came out, holding the results in her hand. Everyone that was waiting looked up at her within an instant.

“We have looked over your applications and interviews, and we would like to welcome Cha Hakyeon to our company’s family.” Hakyeon sat there, awe struck. He felt that he should be buying the company staff dinner, do something to repay them in the least.

As everyone else left looking disappointed, Hakyeon couldn’t wipe the smile from his face. He stood to talk to the woman and be sure that he gave his utmost gratitude.

“Thank you, thank you so much.” Hakyeon bowed towards her, looking almost frantic as he did so. It caused her to smile as well.

“It’s our pleasure to have you aboard. Your first day will be Monday, and we expect you to be here early so we can brief you on the basics. You will report to Mrs. Moon. If you have any concerns or issues, tell her right away.” Hakyeon knew what that meant. If he was in too much pain to function tell his boss. Of course he wished that day wouldn’t come, but he knew it would.

He had undoubtedly gotten better, and every day he improved slightly more. Hakyeon had been sleeping better now than he ever did for months after he left the hospital. Even his first little bit away from home was hell, but now he slept mostly through the night. It still bothered him though and at least once a week he would have a day when he struggled to stand, mainly because he had been practicing dancing or something revolving around that, that he should probably be avoiding for at least the moment. Of course he didn’t though.

After the talk continued for just a short period of time, Hakyeon thanked the employee once again and bid her farewell. He walked out to his car, a wide smile still spread across his face. It felt so rewarding. Finally, after enduring so much hardship and struggles for so long finally landing a job felt like the boost that Hakyeon really needed to get his life jump started properly again.~~~~~~~

Hakyeon couldn’t deny it, going to see a horror movie was a big mistake. He had always been a little skittish, but of course something possessed him to think this was smart. Taekwoon was fine and even laughed at parts of it, but Hakyeon jumped so far from his seat he thought his neck would snap.

“Hakyeon….you took your ppills. I don’t—I don’t know how to help you……any more than…..that.” Hakyeon honestly felt awful, awful emotionally for making Taekwoon have to go through this. He was already aware that Taekwoon was struggling, but these last few days had been bad for him too. It was honestly not even entirely the movie, the movie just gave the starting point for something that most likely would have already started to happen. Taekwoon of course was struggling to not blame himself.

“It’s okay, I’ll be fine Taekwoonie! No need to worry.” Hakyeon shoved his pain away and put a bright smile on his face. It felt like fire was crawling up his spine and neck, but he couldn’t let Taekwoon see that.

“You---you sure? I can carry you.”

“Sure, honestly. I’ll rest tonight and be golden!” Lying made Hakyeon feel worse, even more so seeing that Taekwoon clearly did not believe him.

Walking towards the car, Taekwoon had his arm wrapped around Hakyeon’s shoulder. Hakyeon tried his best not to put too much pressure on him and make the other feel uncomfortable, but occasionally his weight fell entirely into his friends grasp. He bite back the winces, but it clearly wasn’t helping.

Now for problem number 2 though, could Hakyeon drive the car?

“Hakyeon, don’t ddrive. We’ll call….someone….”

“Who? I’ll drive us back, I’m the only one in the house with a license.”

“Not…….not right now.” Hakyeon couldn’t believe that he had just suggested that. Taekwoon and he just talked about how scary she was to the other two hours ago?

“Taekwoon, don’t put yourself through that for me. That won’t feel good at all, being trapped in the car without someone that makes you so fearful.”

“You don’t feeeel good. I can handle it.” Hakyeon honestly couldn’t entirely believe him this time. He believed Taekwoon was doing the same thing Hakyeon had just done, considering the fact that Taekwoon had struggled to just walk through the movie theater. He had accidentally bumped into a woman on the way in, sprinting the other direction like she was an axe murderer hunting him down. His breathing grew short and he instantly broke into

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter