Jaehwan

Destined Souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~”Do you have your medication packed? Your cellphone charger is in there right?” Jaehwan smiled, Ms. Kim asked him question after question before he was finally allowed to leave for the meet. Even after that she had more important questions to ask. This was the first time he was ever going to be gone for a whole weekend, and she was starting to get really worried.

“Yes, I have everything. I’m going to be fine.”

“Errr, alright. My number is on speed dial if you ever need it. Your coach also has it just in case. If you start seeing or feeling anything, don’t wait till it gets severe. Call me right away.”

“Got it.”

“Alright, have a good time. Let me know how you do.” Ms. Kim was sure to give Jaehwan a big hug before he left, and Jaehwan had to admit that this felt strange. He had never done anything like this before, and it didn’t feel right going anywhere without Ms. Kim.

Still, he had already said he would go so there was really nothing he could do right now. Jaehwan was sure to give Ms. Kim a big squeeze before grabbing his bag and saying goodbye.

Outside the coach was waiting for him, wanting to go through the rules one last time on the way out to the bus. There was so many of them, and personally Jaehwan thought it would be lot easier to just run and not worry about anything else.

“Hey Jaehwan! How are you doing this morning?” The coach spoke with an excited voice, one much different than how he spoke to everyone else at practice.

“I’m fine sir.” Jaehwan got in the car, putting his stuff by his feet as the coach drove away.

“Good, we’re going to have a lot of fun this weekend! You ready?” Jaehwan agreed, but fun still wasn’t exactly how he would describe running track. It wasn’t a great time, but it helped him control himself. That was really the only reason had stayed on the team.

The coach tried to small talk a little more, but he seemed to get back to the point pretty fast. They went through a run through of everything, Jaehwan getting all the answers without too much trouble. It wasn’t too terribly difficult.

“Good job. And here we are!” Jaehwan sighed, seeing the bus right in front him along with the majority of the other track members. Once they arrived Jaehwan realized the biggest pit fall of the coach driving him, the entire team would see this and assume the worst.

“Ooaahh, you see that? I told you that the coach made a deal for him. He had to put him on the team.”

“Whatever the reason I wish he would just leave. Sure he’s good, but I don’t need his crazy effecting my scholarship.”

Of course, everyone had already started whispering. These past couple weeks practicing with them nothing had changed, in fact if anything it was getting worse with time.

Quickly Jaehwan grabbed his bags and put them in the bus, leave the coaches side and joining the other team members. The coach didn’t seem offended at all, but rather looked like he understood why Jaehwan had done it. 

“Alright, get everything ready and in the bus guys. We’re leaving in 10!” His words got everyone moving now, everyone other than Jaehwan. He really had nothing else to do, so he simply waited until it was time to leave.

Sitting in the bus, every minute seemed to stretch into hours. After an entire eternity of just sitting there, finally the vehicle started to move.

“Just wait, I bet he’ll go insane sooner or later.” Jaehwan could say with absolute certainty, he was already missing Ms. Kim. He really didn’t feel like listening to this whispering the entire way. ~~~

Jaehwan couldn’t deny, he was incredibly excited to hang out with Wonshik again. Lately Wonshik had been so worried about making sure everyone else was okay, Jaehwan missed out a little on talking to him all the time. 

Wonshik was right, walking to the restaurant felt really good. The other did yawn once, but he never got too bad. It was very fortunate, since if Wonshik had gotten tired Jaehwan wasn’t sure if he would be able to forgive himself the rest of the day.

“Here we are!” Jaehwan was surprised when Wonshik suddenly stopped moving, Jaehwan looking up to see what it was. It was simply a traditional Korean resteraunt, never the less Jaehwan was still happy.

“Ooooo, it’s been a while since I ate someth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter