Sanghyuk

Destined Souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~~~”Han Sanghyuk you get into the car this instant!! If you’re not sitting in that seat by the time I count to three-”

“But mommy!!  I don’t want to go to the doctor.”

“One.”

“Why should I have to go see the special one when hyung has never seen him? He should go too.” Sanghyuk pouted as he sat on the cold concrete of his driveway, his arms crossed as he did so. He knew his mother was determined, but it didn’t make any sense to him and he really didn’t want to give up this time.

“Two”

“I’m not moving.”

“”If I get to three I’m calling your brother down here, and he will get you in for me.”

“Mommy, no!  Don’t call hyung! No, I’ll-I’ll be good!”

“Thr—“No longer concerned with staying put, Sanghyuk jumped from the ground and ran into the car as fast as he possibly could. Any doctor was a better option than hyung.

“Oh, but I thought you weren’t going to move?”

“I’m in the car now. I was good so you won’t call down hyung right? Hyung is staying in his room?”

“Are you going to behave and stop acting like a spoiled little brat?!”

“Yes mommy. I’ll behave, I’m sorry. Hyung is staying upstairs right?”

“Good. He’s staying up there because we’re leaving now.” Sanghyuk watched as his mom got into the driver’s seat, starting the car and beginning to move away.

Now that it was too late, Sanghyuk regretted getting off the concrete. He knew why he had done it, but he figured it was mean of his mom to threaten bringing his brother down. He should have continued sitting there, and just dealt with his hyung hitting him.

Still, there was nothing he could do now. His mom was silent the whole way there, not even talking when Sanghyuk wanted her too. Even when they eventually got there, all she did was grab Sanghyuk’s arm and drag him inside without a word.

“Mommy, I said I’m sorry. You’re supposed to forgive me after I say that.’’

“Uhh, just give me a minute!!!!” Sanghyuk had given her lots of minutes, but still he did give her another one. He stood there, watching his mom as she had another paused TV moment. After that, she didn’t yell at him anymore.

“Baby, I’m sorry for the way I acted. I did forgive you, so mommy is going to lead you inside and you’re going to go talk to the doctor okay?”

“……do I have to?” Sanghyuk figured it was safe to say that again, since mommy was nice now.

“Yes, but it will be fine. Mommy will be right outside, and all you need to do is talk to him. Okay?”

“…..fine.” Sanghyuk reluctantly agreed, only because nice mommy said she would be outside. Walking into the office, it didn’t really seem like a hospital. That at least gave him a little bit of comfort.

Sanghyuk waited as his mom talked to someone at the desk. After she just sat and waited with him until another formal looking person walked out and told him to walk with him.

“Be good Sanghyuk. I’ll be right out here for you.”~~~~~~

Sanghyuk could say honestly, that this car ride was by far the most quiet he had been thus far. Everyone else was playing and having fun, but Sanghyuk wasn’t sure if playing was really okay.

He knew that Hakyeon hyung, Hongbin hyung, Wonshik hyung, Taekwoon hyung, and Jaehwan hyung had all tried to explain what had happened to Hongbin. They had all done it differently, but Sanghyuk still really didn’t get anything that had happened today.

He knew Hongbin gets sick easily, but once you’re sick you get medicine and you get better right? They gave him lots of medicine. They said Hongbin hyung still wasn’t better yet, but he must not be too sick since the hospital let him leave. Plus he’s not feeling good, so that means it’s time to stop playing right? His mommy would yell at him if he ever tried to play when hyung was sick. But everyone wants to play still, including himself. To add on even more Hongbin’s grandmother said that he could call her grandma too.  Was grandma usually used as a term of endearment? If so why had he never heard it before? The last time he tried to do that he was really really little, and his hyung hit him so he stopped.

Sanghyuk tried really hard, but he still didn’t get it. It felt like his head was all jumbled up, and it made him feel worse that no one else was that way. Jaehwan had a small episode today, but they all understand what was wrong with their friend. Sanghyuk felt bad because he didn’t.

“Sanghyuk? We’re here buddy.” Sanghyuk was surprised when Hakyeon started talked to him. When he looked up they were already home. ‘That was really fast.’

“Okay!” Sanghyuk tried his best to forget all of that, and instead got out of the car smiling and bouncing around.

“Are you okay? You were pretty focused.”

“Of course I am!”

“….alright then.” Hakyeon glared, his eyes squinted so Sanghyuk knew that he didn’t believe it. Thankfully they ended that there though, since that was when Hongbin came up. He was talking and smilin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter