Hakyeon

Destined Souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~~”Hyung, I don’t think this is a good idea. Maybe we should just go back to your house.”

“Aish, will you relax. It will be fine. It doesn’t hurt right now.” Unlike his friend, teenage Hakyeon seemingly felt no anxiousness about the events that were about to take place. This would be the first time, and Hakyeon was more excited than anything else. This would be the first time Hakyeon had danced since his pains started.

“It doesn’t hurt right now, but what if it starts hyung? I don’t want to see you in pain again.”

“I’ll be fine. Will you just play the music?”

“Hyung! Can we at least make sure it’s okay first?” Hakyeon sighed as he was beginning to grow impatient with his friend.

“No. My mother will say no unless I show her I can do this. Do you not believe I can do it either?”

“That’s not what I mean hyung.”

“Then instead of second thinking just play the music for me.” Hakyeon’s friend sighed, admitting defeat and moving to the side.

“Are you ready?” Hakyeon took a deep breath, an excited smile spreading across his face.

“Yes.” With a moment of hesitation the young boy pressed play and music began to spread through the open air. Hakyeon closed his eyes, feeling a familiar feeling come back to him. The feeling of the music controlled Hakyeon as his body began to move in beat to the song.

Hakyeon’s body moved as if the last time he danced had been yesterday, not four months ago. Hakyeon felt no pain while he danced, but only joy in participating in something he had missed so much. He wished time could freeze in this moment of pure bliss, letting Hakyeon live life out like this for eternity.

“Wow, you haven’t changed a bit hyung! You’re just as amazing as you were a few months ago!” As the song went on his friend’s compliments got stronger. Hakyeon’s dance his eyes in, making his friend forget about the worry that he had for Hakyeon before he began.

The song went on and on, Hakyeon not stopping until the last chord was completed. The longer the song went on the stronger Hakyeon could feel his pain resurface however he pushed through, only wanting to finish the dance. Hakyeon held his perfect, tight posture till the very end, joy filling his heart.

After the last note had sounded and silence returned to the open area, Hakyeon fell to the floor breathing sharply. He was out of breath, however that was normal. Now that the music had stopped, Hakyeon could feel the after effects that the dance had brought him. He could feel the pain surge through his back and neck now that his graceful movements had ceased.

“Hyung! Hyung are you okay!” Hakyeon’s friend sprinted up to him, frantic from Hakyeon’s sudden collapse.

“Yes, I’m fine.”

“Are you in pain?”

“Yes.”

“Aish, hyung I told you! Let me lift you up. I’ll take you home.” Hakyeon did not protest, knowing that he could not walk when his back and neck was hurting this badly. Despite this however, Hakyeon was not upset.  In fact this was the happiest Hakyeon had felt in months.

“I did it.” Hakyeon spoke excitedly to his friend as he carried Hakyeon back towards his house. “I danced again.”~~~~~~~

Hakyeon ambled back towards the festival entrance, deciding to take a slight break on a stool that had been tucked to the side of the open space. He had just been on his way from turning in his audition, however they had set up the stage a little ways down from the main portion of the festival events. It was easy for Hakyeon at first, however on the way back he could feel pain start to resurface, mostly in his neck.

Hakyeon had been unsure of what to do anyway, so he saw no reason he couldn’t sit and wait for the pain to dull as he decided how to spend his time. He sat on the small seat, unknowingly massaging his neck as he considered what he should be doing now.

The morning had gone well for him and he had turned in the audition well also. He hadn’t been through any excruciating pain he couldn’t handle. The day had so far been uneventful however his audition results wouldn’t be available to him until four o’clock this afternoon. Hakyeon didn’t know how he should spend his time until then, not having anywhere else he had thought to go.

The thought came to his mind that he could just spend the day here, however it might be quite boring to spend the day here by himself. Hakyeon felt pretty good today, making him want someone to share his time with rather than sit alone at his house. Playing games could be enjoyable, but once again that brought up the problem of company.

Hakyeon wished there was someone he could call, however he had grown apart from many of the friends that he had whilst he was sti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter