Hongbin

Destined Souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~~~”What do you think Hongbin?” Hongbin sat as his instructor attempted to encourage a reply. This subject was weird to him. They were talking about family, but more specifically about siblings. As far as he was concerned Hongbin had none.

“I don’t know. I’m an only child.”

“Would you have liked a sibling though? A Noona or a Hyung maybe.”

“Probably not. No older siblings, I don’t want to be cared for any more than I already am.”

“A younger one then?” Hongbin thought, trying to really put himself in that position.

“I guess it wouldn’t be so bad. If he was a good person who knows, this really isn’t applicable though.”

“What makes you say that?”

“Not just do I not actually have a younger brother, in this scenario family is whoever I’m blood related too. That’s not how family works to me, maybe in the future I will have a younger brother or sister who knows.”

The instructor looked at Hongbin with weird glances, not expecting the answer they got. They clearly had never considered at any time the idea that family could be anyone not related by blood. Hongbin had always thought so. Take his grandma for instance; he’s genetically more close to his parents than his grandmother but he definitely considers his grandmother more family-like than them.

The instructor just looked back at Hongbin bewildered, not sure to reply. It took him a while, but eventually the teacher built himself back together at recuperated his thoughts.

“If you do end up with a dongseang, what would you do?”

“What friends do. That’s what every other brother and sister do right?”

Once again, the teacher looked bewildered. Hongbin really wasn’t sure if it was good that his instructor was taken aback by this student so often, however he knew he wanted this to end. He would like to continue on with the day.

“I’ll settle this right now. If I ever were to have a ‘sibling’ it would be someone who started as a close friends and became family. They would be pretty special, to deal with me and my craziness on a daily basis. Probably just as crazy as me to be honest. We would have a good relationship, because that’s what actual family does. That’s all I have to say about the matter.”

With that Hongbin walked away. At the time he was just voicing his opinion for a school activity, he didn’t realize how accurate that would become in the future. Not only did he get a younger brother, he got 4 other brothers with that who all were just as crazy as him. ~~~~~~

Hongbin felt as if his world had shattered across the floor, unable to control himself at any given moment. It was difficult to remain standing. It wasn’t that he wished to lean his weight onto Hakyeon but he was unable to prevent himself from doing so. His hyung was the only person preventing him from collapsing once again.

When the receptionist had said those words, that Sanghyuk had been injured, Hongbin legs grew weak within mere seconds. It felt as if his soul had been smashed to miniscule pieces.

He should have been there. He knew how to assist Sanghyuk well………he should have been there to teach him what to do. He should have protected Sanghyuk, taught him long ago the right way to face emotions. Sanghyuk was his family now, it was his job. He felt like a failure for not completing it correctly.

“Hongbin? Hongbin, please. I know your hurting, but we really need your help to get along to the hospital. Will you help me watch Jaehwan?” Hongbin looked towards Hakyeon dazed and struggling to retain anything.

They needed to get to the hospital, this instant. He had forgotten that any other tasks were necessary.

“Right…uh…..what’s wrong?”

“We need to get Jaehwan into the car, that way we can pick up Wonshik and run to the hospital. Jaehwan is having an episode and I can’t really get him calmed down. I don’t know how to reason with him.”

“You can’t reason with him, his sense of logic is a little confused. I'll help you bring him into the car.”

The only thing that kept Hongbin grounded as they struggled to drag Jaehwan into the car, was how wrong this seemed. His world had collapsed, halted and was withering away with each second that passed yet Jaehwan was elated. He knew this was not his fault but still could not help thinking about how off he was.

Hongbin felt as if none of his thoughts were under his control.

Once they were in the car, Hakyeon rapidly drove away. Hongbin could see they were falling apart again, but they just needed to keep it together for a short while. Just a little more and they would see Sanghyuk again. They would have their precious Sanghyuk in their arms and everything would be better.

Hongbin called his grandmother on the way. He had been keeping her updated on the situation, her voice also helping mend his heart a little bit. She had wished to help with the search, but Hongbin decided it was better that she finish her other duties first. That way when they did get back to Sanghyuk she wouldn’t have to leave again. He gave her the address to the hospital, the other quickly replying that she was already on her way.

The world blurred by, time passing quickly yet painfully slow at the same time. Driving back to the house didn’t take much time, and when they did Wonshik had been ready. He did looked slightly better rested, and he had Jaehwan’s pills in hand as he got into the car. He immediately sat next to Jaehwan as Hakyeon drove away, already starting on helping him.

It had only been about 10 minutes, but every second felt like hours. This

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter