Wonshik

Destined Souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~~~~Wonshik could no longer deny it, he was tired. He was sleepy physically, and the stress from that caused him to be mentally strained as well. Walking down the street, that’s all Wonshik could think about. The thought encompassed his mind:  that he hadn’t been active for much of the day, yet all Wonshik wished to do was take nap.

Of course for him, it wasn’t just a wish. It was more than an urge, like a need. It was a constant feeling that dragged him down no matter where or when it was. At times he could barely keep himself awake, other’s it happened before Wonshik could stop himself.

He never knew that sleeping could be such a big issue. If this hadn’t happened to him, Wonshik never would have thought that falling asleep would be such a huge problem, but that’s what it had become. Take this morning for instance:

The day had started with Wonshik waking up thirty minutes late, simply because he couldn’t do it, even though he had fallen asleep quite early. Even with all of that, Wonshik still felt tired. His body moved lethargically, effectively making him late for school.

During his classes, he had fallen asleep about twice. It was the times when it just happened, and Wonshik had gotten in trouble for it quite often. Still, Wonshik barely escaped detention, making both him and his buddies glad.

“We can finally do something now!” One of his friends practically screamed with excitement, the other two both following in a row.

“It’s about time, you’ve been in trouble forever!”

“You really need to work on that Wonshik, you can’t continue sleeping in class or you’re going to get held back.”

“Stop being such a downer! This is a happy moment! What do you want to do?” Wonshik listened, however truthfully he didn’t want to do anything.

He would have loved to go hang out with his friends and go have a good time, but it felt as though he didn’t have a great amount of energy to spend. Focusing on his school activities for the day, as well as participating in the mandatory physical education, had spent pretty much his entire energy build. Not to mention he still had school work to finish.

Even with all of that, Wonshik didn’t wish to disappoint his friends. He actually had the opportunity to go have some fun, and it would be a waste if he didn’t do it.

“I don’t know, whatever you guys think will be a good time.”

“Hmm…what would be fun?” The entire group of four huddled together, Wonshik joining simply to include himself.

“Oh, I know! There’s a club that’s opening tonight, why don’t we go to it?”

“Tonight? What time?” With that mention Wonshik grew quite concerned. Clubbing was mostly a late night thing, and Wonshik knew that there was no chance he was staying awake past 8:30

“Well, it’s a club. It won’t start until like 10 o’clock.” Wonshik looked at the ground, he knew that his friends weren’t going to be happy, but there was no way that was going to happen. He could feel it in his bones.

“I…I don’t think I can do that.”

“Come on Wonshik, please!!”

“Yeah come on, its sounds like fun!”

“Why wouldn’t you be able to come? You’re a teenager, it’s what your parents should expect anyway.”

“Don’t you dare tell us it’s so that you can sleep!” His friends comment’s all moved around the circle, hitting the reason right away. Wonshik felt as if he couldn’t’ tell them now, so he just didn’t say anything. Of course, not saying anything was about as good as telling them straight up.

“Really Wonshik? That’s all you do is sleep!”

“Even when he’s not sleeping, he acts like that’s all he wants to do. He never wants to be with us, he’d rather be dreaming.” Wonshik felt really bad, because that wasn’t how he felt at all. He really felt as if it was out of his control.

“I’m really sorry guys. I just can’t help it.”

“Yeah, give him a break. The guy sleeps a lot, it’s not his fault.”

“Uhh…but I really wanted to go!”

“It’s fine, you just go without me.” At that comment, they all stopped. Wonshik couldn’t see why. All they did a moment ago was complain, but suddenly they were so shocked that he had suggested that.

“We can’t go without you!”

“Why not? I have homework to do anyway.”

“Wonshik that just wouldn’t be right. We want you to come have fun with us. How about we go, and you can sleep until it’s time for us to leave?”

“That’s not really how it works. I can’t really control when I sleep. It just happens. Really it’s fine, I feel tired anyway. Just go without me, I’ll do something with you all this weekend.”

Wonshik watched as his friends faces were filled with disappointment. They all knew that nothing would happen this weekend either.

“Alright, if you insist.”

“Do you at least want us to go home with you?”

“It’s okay. I’ll just walk by myself from here. It’s not too far anyway.”  That was the last comment Wonshik had said to them. After that, they had said their goodbyes and the three walked in the opposite direction. Wonshik felt bad, but he knew that they would still have a lot of fun without him. In fact, they probably will have even more fun without him there dragging their energy down.

Those events, were what left Wonshik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter