Sanghyuk

Destined Souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~~~~”Mommy, hyung is being mean to me again! He refuses to let me play with his toys!”

“I’ve told you five times Sanghyuk, they are not toys! You’re too old to be doing that sort of crap anyways.”

“I am not! See mommy, he’s being mean to me.”

“Will you two knock it off?! Stop arguing! Sanghyuk you do not need to be touching your brother’s stuff. You can play with your own things, but he is right. You will need to stop doing that here soon.”

“But mommy!!!!!!”

“Sanghyuk, stop whining! I’m sick and tired of you whining all the time. Your 13 years old start acting like it!” Sanghyuk listened to his mother intently as she shouted at him, disappointment clear through the way she spoke. Sanghyuk couldn’t understand what he had done wrong, but it seemed everyone was out to get him.

“…fine. I’ll go to my room.” Sanghyuk looked towards the floor as he shuffled his was back. He knew that everyone in his family would see him pouting and think that he was just acting like a baby, but he really was saddened by it. His mom didn’t used to act that way, but the older he gets the angrier his mother gets with his behavior.

Sanghyuk entered his bedroom, lying himself face first onto the bed spread. He didn’t feel in the mood to play anything anymore, as he honestly didn’t know what he was doing wrong. Sanghyuk couldn’t seem to understand why everyone was so upset with him, because to him he was just acting the way he was supposed to be. A few years ago his mother would have loved the way he was acting, but for some reason it wasn’t okay anymore.

“Stupid brother….it’s all his fault.” Sanghyuk spoke to himself, not caring in the slightest at how rude he was being. There was a part of his mind that wanted to throw a temper tantrum, and another that just wanted to cry but it seemed neither was going to win.

Before one of the sides could finally overcome the other, Sanghyuk heard the sound of his bedroom door creaking open. Reluctantly, Sanghyuk looked upwards to see his mother walking in. Earlier she had appeared scary, but now she looked like she was nice again.

“Sanghyuk-ah, are you okay?” When she spoke now her voice was kind, completely opposite to the way she was earlier. It was sudden, and Sanghyuk was startled by how quickly she had changed.

“…..no…” It took Sanghyuk a moment, but he answered her just the same as he would any other time. He didn’t mention anything about how different she was, as he was scared that if he said anything she would get angry again.

“I’m sorry Sanghyuk. I didn’t mean to yell at you, I was just stressed out. I’m sorry I took it out on you. Do you forgive me?”

“….yeah. I guess mommy.”

“Thank you Sanghyuk. Why don’t we just forget everything I said, okay?” Sanghyuk wasn’t sure if he could forget it. He would have been glad to do so, and he could surely ignore it however something told him that it was always going to be in the back of Sanghyuk’s mind. Of course, if she had said she was sorry than that must mean she didn’t mean it, right? There’s no point in remembering something she hadn’t meant.

“Okay.”

“Okay. Why don’t we get a smile on that face? Do you want mommy to play with you?” Sanghyuk sat up, his mind readjusting itself. It only took him a moment before he decided that doing that would be more fun that just lying on top of his bed.

“Yes please.”

“Come down then! We’ll sit on the floor right here and play for as long as you want. Alright?”

“Okay!” Sanghyuk rapidly forgot his feelings of being sad, his mind now entirely focused on other things.  Sanghyuk scrambled up from the bed without a moment of hesitation, his mother and he settling themselves on to the floor comfortably.

Smiles and giggles filled the room, as Sanghyuk and his mother continued that for hours. His mom made him laugh sometimes, as she was kind of awkward to play with. His mother didn’t play right, and she always tried to make sense of everything. Still Sanghyuk enjoyed himself, simply laughing and continuing with what he was doing.

“Sanghyuk, how is that a building? You just stacked two Legos on top of each other.”

“It just it mommy! Use your imagination.”

“I think your imagination is much larger than mine. Fine, this little guy is coming to destroy your building.”

“No mommy, that isn’t a guy! He’s a robot, he can’t move until you charge his batteries.”

“Batteries? Well how do I do that? He clearly looks like a construction worker.”

“Well he’s not. You need to build something and charge him.” Sanghyuk smiled, his joy increasing as he explained the game to his mom. He supposed she was really fun to play with, even if she didn’t know how to do it.

This continued for hours and hours of time, and Sanghyuk never lost one ounce of energy. He could have kept going forever, that was until his brother walked in and interrupted them.

“Mother, what have you been doing? Your boss is downstairs, you were supposed to be ready by now!”

“Crap. I have to go Sanghyuk-ah, we’ll play again later. Okay?” Sanghyuk nodded, his expression growing extremely dim.

“….okay.”

“Love you Sanghyuk!” She moved the Legos to the side, kissing her son on the forehead before rushing out the door. His brother didn’t pay even a little bit of attention to him, and only went back to his room.

“Stupid brother….”~~~~~~~

 Sanghyuk leaned against the front wall of the restroom, his hands fiddling with various parts of his outfit as he impatiently waited. He was beyond bor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter