Jaehwan

Destined Souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~Jaehwan scrolled through the television channels, entirely uninterested in what was being shown on the screen. They never had anything interesting on, but then again it didn’t matter much anyway. He would most likely be tired of this in a few minutes.

Never the less, he was quite bored at the moment. Ms. Kim was currently working on a school project, and there was absolutely nothing to for him to occupy himself with but television and the various board games she had lying around. For a woman that never brought company, she surely had millions of the ers.

Clicking the button quite rapidly, something caught Jaehwan’s eye, or ear more accurately. He turned back a few channels, stopping on some detective show. They were talking about his disorder.

“The culprit in this case has a severe problem with mania; we should act carefully around him.” Jaehwan watched, his eyes not believing the sight in front of him. This was all wrong. They had everything wrong, and he didn’t want anyone to see this.

The character in front of him was made out to be crazy. Jaehwan supposed that the producers had just heard mania and made up a character, not doing even a speck of research. That was the only way to describe how awful the representation was, and they were airing it for everyone to see.

Jaehwan felt tears b in his eyes, wishing he had never seen this. He should have kept flipping, but his eyes were welded to the sight in front of him. He didn’t want to believe that this is what people thought of him. When they first heard about his struggles, this is what people would now think of. This terrible monster that they had seen.

Jaehwan couldn’t do it any longer. He dropped the remote onto the floor, not caring when he heard the snap of batteries scattering. Jaehwan ran back to his room, letting the tears fall from his eyes.

He had never hated the way he was. Jaehwan knew that it was unusual and he didn’t enjoy being this way, but he never disliked it. That was until now, until he thought of everyone else. All of the people that were judging him and had to deal with it as well. He hated it now. Hated the idea of it.

Jaehwan just cried, loudly and not caring who had heard. They would realize it’s a lie right? People didn’t actually trust everything that they saw on television anymore. They wouldn’t trust that fake person.

Jaehwan hadn’t heard the door opening, he only felt the hand rubbing against his shoulder. He looked up to see Ms. Kim sitting there, a sad expression on her face.

“What happened Jaehwan? Why are you crying?” Jaehwan couldn’t stop. He barely spoke words through open sobs.

“They think I’m insane. Everyone will think I’m insane and I’m never going to get better. They’ll all throw me away just like everyone else has.” Ms. Kim didn’t need clarification, she already understood his fears. She never told him to stop crying or attempt to dry his tears. Instead she gave him what he actually needed and just hugged him. Held him and made sure he knew that she would never abandon Jaehwan. She would be sure to stay with him till the end.

Jaehwan tired himself. Falling asleep in her arms. ~~~~

What happened at the show had been an entire accident. Jaehwan truly had been enjoying himself, but he couldn’t control what he needed. He should have realized what was wrong and stepped out a while back, long before it became a real issue. It was his own fault that he hadn’t. He had ignored it, until the feelings had built up so severely Jaehwan could no longer restrain himself.

Jaehwan felt sorry towards Wonshik more than anything else. He must have been worried, having to take care of Jaehwan so soon after they had met. While it was happening, Jaehwan still didn’t fully know what he had thought. He had glimpses. Glimpses that he may have been looking at…..he wasn’t sure what. He wasn’t sure if anyone else could see it too, or if it was just him.

Jaehwan hadn’t realized someone had led him away. He knew it wasn’t Wonshik, it was someone else. He knew he was going too, but not that it had already happened until he started to register more. To lightly hear someone speaking towards him.

“Mr. Jaehwan, Mr. Jaehwan you can do whatever now. We’re away from everyone.” He didn’t know who it was. Looking back, Jaehwan could never have trusted himself to figure it out until he got his head back. He was fortunate that it was who it was.

“Jaehwan, do you want me to go with you? I’ll take you places! Hongbin hyung showed me a lot of cool stuff.” Jaehwan stood there, Hyuk taking his hand and running with him. He left no choice but for Jaehwan to run as well. He wasn’t sure where the boy was taking him, but he knew that it was helping already. Jaehwan can’t focus on things that aren’t there if he isn’t left the time to do it.

Sanghyuk didn’t do much but run Jaehwan to various different spots. Jaehwan felt his head gradually coming back to him, and the strange shape started to fade away. (Jaehwan still doesn’t know what it was. He supposes that he never will know.)

“Are you feeling better? Is it getting better?” Jaehwan could register more now. He shook his head, trying to figure out where he was. What was happening?

“Uhh?”

“”Mr. Jaehwan! So you are getting better! I was starting think that I did this wrong.” With his small mutter, Jaehwan felt the speed pick up. He looked forward, seeing a very tall boy running him ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter