Hakyeon

Destined Souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~Hakyeon’s head fell in-between his hands once again, his fingers struggling not to toss the cell phone that sat in front of him. It was ringing again……the caller ID said that it was his mother. Hakyeon didn’t’ know what to do, but this ringing now felt like a constant burden that tempted him to rip his ears from his head just so he wouldn’t have to listen.

It wasn’t that he didn’t want to speak to her, in fact it was the opposite. He would love to have a nice, peaceful conversation with his mother and just catch up on things. That wasn’t what was going to happen though. He had just packed up and left during the middle of the night, that wasn’t something she would just glaze over. Forgive and forget did not apply to a situation like this. Hakyeon just didn’t know what to say.

Eventually the ringing ended once the call moved to voicemail. It stopped……. for about 15 seconds……then it began all over again. Hakyeon just knew he couldn’t do this anymore. He had chosen to leave, and now he needs to be the one to face the consequences. It was after a long time of pointless contemplation that he finally picked up the phone and answered.

There was an awkward silence that followed. It was like they were both in disbelief.

“Hakyeon? Is-is that really you?” He already felt like crap, she sounded like she did too.

“Yeah. Hi, mom.”

“Hi? Hi?! I’ve been worried sick about you! Why weren’t’ you answering?! Where the hell are you?!”

“I’m really sorry. I know it was wrong, it’s just…..you know. Nothings easy, it was stupid to not pick up.”

“Not the stupidest thing you’ve done. When I come get you, you are gonna wish you had never answered.”

“Mom, I-“

“You what? Huh?!”

“I don’t want to go back.” More silence.

“You’re coming.”

“I told why I left in the letter, that hasn’t changed. I’m doing good. I have a job now, I’ve haven’t been going to school exactly but I’m still learning everything I will ever need to know. There’s a doctor here that’s really good who I’ve been getting my prescriptions from.”

“I don’t care Hakyeon! You cannot handle this all on your own, you need to tell me where you are.”

“I know I can’t. That’s why I answered. I haven’t changed my mind and I’m not going too, but I will need some help sometimes. You might not forgive, and you don’t have too, but will you at least just be there for me? You don’t have to support what I’ve done, but I’m still your son.”

This was in no way a short conversation. Hakyeon must have spent hours on the phone, and he spent the majority of it being screamed at rather than actual conversation. It wasn’t like it was that shocking though. He knew his mother loved him, and he could tell that him leaving had sent her through the ringer. She was beyond pissed, and she deserved to be.

That day’s phone call did not end well. Hakyeon knew he couldn’t avoid it any longer though, and he didn’t want to. He didn’t want to loose every connection that he had with her. So after work the next day, he called again.

And then again.

And again.

He called every day for a long time. Each time they argued for a long time and the call ended just the same. There relationship was in no way repaired, and Hakyeon was aware that it would take a very long time.  He still refused to give up.

So even after the festival had ended, after the first time he had met everyone he went right back home. He picked a comfortable spot on his bed and dialed her number again. ~~~~~~~~~~

Hakyeon made himself comfortable in the living room chair, patiently waiting for the rest of the group to get there. It had been a few weeks since Sanghyuk had been discharged from the hospital, and it was no mystery that they had a LOT to talk about. Sanghyuk was resting right now, so Hongbin, Jaehwan, Taekwoon, and Wonshik were all gonna try and work some of these things about. Hongbin’s grandmother was taking care of Sanghyuk.

It didn’t take a ton of time for everyone to get there, but they did need to wait a while to get situated. Thankfully everyone moved fairly fast though, no one too sure how long Sanghyuk would be sleeping for.

“And here we are again, family meeting number 3 commenced!”

“Jaehwan, how many times do I need to tell you? It’s not a family meeting, Sanghyuk isn’t even here.”

“Whatever Won-buzz kill.”

“Meeting talk aside, what did the hospital say yesterday Hongbin?” Ever since

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter