Hongbin

Destined Souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~”Hongbin, you actually showed up for once?! I thought for sure you were too lame to actually come.” This person was named Suk-Jin. He was said party host, and also a pretty annoying human being. Hongbin had no doubt he didn’t actually want him there, but it did make going kind of funny.

“Well surprise, here I am.” Hongbin spoke sarcastically, walking away and entirely not interested in talking to him. He had no interest in Suk-Jin being any more than a bad schooling memory from his teenage years.

The party itself was a typical, uninteresting environment. Music was playing way too loudly, people were drinking, acting entirely inappropriate, and Hongbin was just standing by the side glad that he took his pills today. There was no doubt he would have left with some sort of disease or horrid compulsions of some kind. No one tried to talk to him, but then again no one really cared. That was until they needed something to do in-between drinking sessions, and he sounded like an interesting topic.

“Hongbin! Come here for a second!” There was no doubt everyone saw Hongbin roll his eyes as he walked towards the circle of people.

“Sit down.”

“Why?”

“We’re bored. Tell us about yourself!” He definitely had no idea who the girl requesting this was, but he could tell something was weird. No way had they suddenly just wanted to know all about him.

“What?”

“Tell us! Where are your parents at?” So that was it. They didn’t actually want to know about him, they just wanted gossip material and the sad story behind the only messed up person at the party.

“Why do you care?”

“Snappy much! Chill, the poor girl just asked you a question. If you didn’t want to talk then you shouldn’t have come.”

“You don’t want to actually talk to me but fine, I’ll play. It’s really no one’s business but mine, but my parents are a long ways away.”

“I can’t lie, I was fully expecting you to say they died. Why aren’t you with them if they didn’t?” Wow, such a great thing to say Suk-who even cares anymore.

“Because I’m expensive and there busy people.”

“You made them buy you so much that they kicked you out?! Disrespectful much, and now you’re doing the same thing to that poor old lady.”

“I never said they kicked me out. You really think I want to hurt my own family? That tried to take care of me?” Hongbin wasn’t hurt, just mainly astounded that this was even happening.

“I bet it’s that mask thingy you wear all the time, you should really just knock it off if you don’t want to cause people trouble.”

“Well thank you for the fantastic advice but there’s a chance that might kill me so, I’m gonna pass.”

“Kill you? Please.”

“Yeah, I know this concept is magical but some people get sick really easily. Some people can’t handle breathing the same nasty air as you.” Hongbin was beyond mad, and already done with this conversation. He had stayed the few hours he said he would, now he was ready to go back home.

“So you’re just gonna act tough and leave? Coward.”

“Yup. Goodbye moron.” Usually he wasn’t that mean, but Hongbin really didn’t care with these people.

Surprisingly it hadn’t taken long for his grandmother to show up, Hongbin immediately getting in the car as she drove away.

“So, how was it? Did you talk to anyone?”

It wasn’t that he liked lying to her, in fact he hated it more than anything. He also knew how important it was to her though, and he really didn’t want her to feel bad if he told her that they were jerks.

“It was fine. Just talked to a few people, but we didn’t say much.”~~~~~

Hongbin could admit, part of what happened that morning was his fault. He couldn’t help if he caught anything, but he could help himself a slight bit when it happened. He really should have done that a lot sooner.

Hongbin had awoken already knowing that he was very ill. It wasn’t exactly something that was difficult to notice, and he was also aware that it had most likely developed overnight from a bug he got earlier in the day. He knew this, but he acted selfishly.

It had been a while since Hongbin had gotten sick like this, and he really hadn’t wanted it to happen again anytime soon. He should have told Hakyeon that he wasn’t feeling well before he left and let his friends take care of him, but instead Hongbin decided to ignore it and hope that the problem went away.

Unsurprisingly enough it only got worse, yet somehow Hongbin managed to push through. He pushed and pushed and pushed until his body was exhausted and he couldn’t do it anymore. That was when Hongbin fainted.

Now he couldn’t deny how guilty he felt, waking up in a hospital bed and seeing his grandmother and all his friends waiting in the room.

“Hongbin hyung! You’re awake! Mrs….uhh…..Mrs. Hongbin hyung’s grandma he’s awake!” It hadn’t been even a single minute when Sanghyuk was already bouncing around and shouting to everyone.

“Sanghyuk, calm down buddy.” Hakyeon couldn’t help but giggle as he stood up. “Be a little quieter, okay.”

“Right. Sorry Taekwoon hyung. Hongbin hyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter