Sanghyuk

Destined Souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~~ Sanghyuk’s life wasn’t much, but he wouldn’t say it was boring. He got bored at lot, but there was still a lot that happened all the time. That’s also what made him bored though. It never stopped, just over and over and over again. This was another one of those over agains.

“So, Sanghyuk will you answer this question for me?”

“Yes.” Sanghyuk answered his teacher well, clearing his throat and trying to make it sound deeper. He called it his ‘big kid voice’ since the other kids made fun of him when he talked normally.

“How did you get that bruise on your hand?”

That question, Sanghyuk didn’t know how to answer. He got it from his brother, but he knew he wasn’t supposed to say that. Mommy had told him not to tell people that his brother stepped on his hand, but he wasn’t supposed to lie either.

“ummm….”

“Sanghyuk?”

“ummm…”

“Sanghyuk, are you okay?”

“I can’t answer that.”

“Why not?”

“Mommy-uhh-I….I can’t answer that either.” Sanghyuk couldn’t help it, but he didn’t feel good. He wanted her to stop asking, or the room would suddenly seem scary. He wanted to go play now, and he didn’t care if the other kids were mean. He just wanted to leave.

“Sanghyuk? Sanghyuk, it’s okay. You don’t need to tell me it’s okay. ” That had made Sanghyuk happy again. That was all he wanted to hear, that it was he didn’t need to tell her.

“Can I go play now?”

“Yes. Go ahead.” Sanghyuk smiled once again, bouncing up from his seat and walking up from it. He went back to the playground, ignoring the big kids and going to play with the little kids instead. They liked him, they thought he was fun.

After school ended everyone left. Even an hour later after everyone was gone, Sanghyuk was still there. His mom hadn’t come to pick him up, and hyung didn’t have a license anymore.

“Sanghyuk, I called your mother but she’s not answering.”

“Of course not.” Sanghyuk didn’t bother with his big kid voice this time.

“What do you mean?”

“Mommy doesn’t like answering phone calls. There bothersome.”

“Ohh, well we don’t know when she is going to come. The janitors need time though, so is there anyone else who can come pick you up?”

“No.”

“……well, would you like me to take you home?”

“Okay.” Sanghyuk walked foreword with his teacher, following her to his car. He was stopped however once she asked him a question that he didn’t know the answer to.

“What’s your address?”

“Address? What’s that?” Sanghyuk could hear her mutter something under her breath. It sounded something like ‘oh holy lord.’ That one was new.

Sanghyuk listened but he never understood a word she said. He had never seen any numbers on his house, and he never needed to know where it was or how to get there. His mommy did that for him.

After 10 minutes, his teacher finally got that he still didn’t know. Sanghyuk waited in the car as she went inside, looking for his files to see if she could find it. ~~~~~~~

Sanghyuk didn’t know what to think about what just happened. Everything had happened so fast, and when his hyung came home he was so scary. Sanghyuk had just wanted the others there. He had called them before he had time to think of anything else.

After he woke up, he couldn’t deny he felt bad for crying so hard. He didn’t mean to. Everyone seemed really happy to see him awake though, and they were all talking nicely and smiling at him.

“Sanghyuk-ah, everyone came to play with you!” Sanghyuk giggled, already happy to see everyone there. Since Hongbin told him, he knew that it was true.

“Yayyy!!! Thank you for coming to get me. I didn’t make any of you sad, right?”

“Of course not! We all really missed you.”

“Hhe’s right.” Sanghyuk grinned widely again, his mood back to his usual happy and joyful self.

“Yayyy!!!” It made him feel even better to hear everyone laugh and smile with him.

“Kekeke. Do you feel better now?”

“Yes Hongbin hyung.”

“That’s really good. If your feeling up to it then……can all us ask you some things?”

“Yes hyung.” 

“You don’t have to do it Sanghyuk. If you don’t want to, you can stop answering.” Hakyeon seemed worried, and no one was really laughing anymore. He didn’t like it, but he supposed they were going to say something serious and he shouldn’t interrupted.

“Okie-dokie hyung.”

“What did your brother do to you when he got home Hyukkie?” Sanghyuk couldn’t help but be intimated by how quiet everyone was now. Hongbin was asking him questions, but everyone else was silent and just rubbing his arms to try and help him feel better.

“…..what do you mean Hongbin hyung?”

“When your brother got home, did he push you or hit you? Things like that.”

“Oh, well…..”

“It’s okay Sanghyuk. Take your time.”

“No but…..mommy told me never to tell anyone.”

“You’re safe telling us running buddy! We would never do anything bad and you know that so you can tell us.” It felt good to hear Jaehwan’s fast paced voice talk again.

“…okay. Hyung just saw me and got mad. He did what he usually does.”

“What would that be Sanghyuk?”

“He pushed me away, and I fell on the ground. Hyung is really strong. Hyung got even madder and started…….started to kick me away from him more. He kept running foreword and I got really scared so I ran away. I called you Hongbin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter