EP : 8

At The Point Of No Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV

 

“She’s your sister? That would have been nice to know ahead of time,” Wonho groaned while icing his forehead. 

“Sorry,” Hyungwon could only watch as his friend’s forehead turned from a pretty shade of blue to a murky purple. 

Ara observed the two males from an armchair. She had borrowed some clothes from a maid and was now (thankfully) dressed properly.

“Does this mean she’s off limits?” Wonho inquired. He would understand if his best friend was against it though he’d never quite seen Hyungwon being protective of any of his past siblings. Heck, Wonho didn’t even see Hyungwon talking to them. 

“No,” Hyungwon shrugged. 

“THEN WHY THE HECK DID YOU HIT ME WITH A COOKING PAN?” Wonho barked. 

“Because you deserved it,” Ara replied. 

Hyungwon had to hide his smile as he watched Wonho’s face scrunch up trying to contain his anger while thinking of a comeback. Seeing Shin Wonho speechless… well it was one hell of a rare sight and seeing Ara creating this sight just made Hyungwon's hate for her decreased a teensy bit. 

“Explain please,” Wonho gave up and stared at his friend blankly. 

“Um…” Hyungwon bit his bottom lip. The angle he saw by the door portrayed a very inappropriate image, so when he saw the chief walk by… well he couldn’t control himself. 

“I didn’t want her to take revenge and burn my house down,” Hyungwon answered. 

“You’d have enough money to build another one anyways,” Ara rolled her eyes. That selfish jerk, of course everything revolved around himself.  

This time it was Hyungwon who was speechless. 

“Hey, on the bright side…” Wonho winked at the girl, “At least we’re even.” 

“Huh?” Ara frowned in confusion. 

“I slept in your bed once and now you’ve slept in mine’s,” Wonho crooked an eyebrow, “I don’t feel bad anymore.” 

“WAIT,” Ara wanted to pull her hair out, “That night… it was you?!” She spun around to look at Hyungwon, “How come you didn’t tell me?” 

Hyungwon smirked, “I tried but your boyfriend got in the way,” he mimicked Shownu’s voice, “My girl always gets what she likes.” 

Wonho’s smile dulled a fraction at the mention of her boyfriend. She had a boyfriend. She was taken. 

You can’t have her Wonho.

He finally identified the mysterious source of spearmint but… it was unavailable. 

Clearing his throat, Wonho renewed his smile and changed the subject, “Dude, but your parents are really shady.” 

“Tell me about it,” Hyungwon rubbed his face in his hands. Honestly, he now questioned if this was how his father dealt with all business deals and if yes, then how was his father still not in jail? 

“Can I sue you?” Ara asked seriously, “This is a violation of human rights.” 

Hyungwon stared at her blankly, “It was your mom’s idea.” 

Ara scowled, that wrench ruins everything. 

“Hey,” Wonho chirped, “I honestly don’t mind, feel free to drop by anytime” he winked at Ara. A boyfriend didn’t stop him from flirting with her, especially if her boyfriend was MIA right now. 

She fake gagged. 
<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter