EP : 17

At The Point Of No Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ara POV

“So this is what a real hangover feels like,” I groaned and clamped my head between my knees.

I’ve been drunk before but I’ve never experienced a hangover… which meant I probably drank a lot with Hyungwon’s friends.

His friends – Minhyuk, Changkyun, Jooheon, and my annoying supervisor Kihyun…

It was a bit awkward at first but after a few drinks, the awkwardness all dissolved. We got along fine and I had a feeling that we were only going to get along better.

His friends were cool. They didn’t bombard me with a ton of personal questions because their liking for me was genuine. They didn’t care how rich I was or how smart I am. I was Hyungwon’s friend so they treated me like their own friend and it was… great.

In one night I gained five friends, that’s more friends I’d made in my entire life time.

I smiled to myself.

Friends

I had friends.

I just dwelled on that wonderful thought in silence but sadly that silence didn’t last long.

My door banged opened. 

“Who hit you?”

A stormy Shownu entered my room.

“What?” I glazed at him and boy was his eyes dark.

“Who. Hit. You. Across the face?” just saying those words pained him.

“Oh,” I remembered and cupped a hand over my cheek.

“Answer me dammit!” her silence was driving him insane.

“Who else,” I whispered, “She did it.”

After hearing my answer, Shownu finally released a breath, “That Jackass was actually telling the truth.”

He sat on the bed beside me and gently removed my hand from my face so he could inspect the bruise.

“Is it bad?” I asked. My eyes lowered to my sheets.

Shownu sighed, “It’s still red but the swelling went down a bit compared to last night.”

He handed me a glass of water and a few pills, “Why didn’t you tell me?”

I swallowed the aspirin.

“Do you know how worried I was? I leave you in the club for two minutes and you were gone. I was going mad trying to search for you.”

“And then when I finally find you, you were in a room full of guys with a red handprint on your cheek.”

“Sorry…” I admit it. It was my fault for walking off without telling him.

Instead of saying anything, Shownu suddenly pulled me into a hug.

It took me a few seconds to return it as the hug caught me off guard.

“I was worried sick,” his voice muffled against the crook of my neck and hair, “Don’t ever scare me like that again.”

“I’m sorry,” I patted his back trying to console him, “I won’t. I promise.”

Silence had once again resumed as the two of us sat there hugging each other because the sad truth was, that at the end of the day… we only had each other. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Narrator POV

“Remind me again why am I ditching work for you?”

“Because you’re more devoted to your best friend than your work place?”

Wonho rolled his eyes but didn’t bother denying.

“And best friends suffer together,” Hyungwon slung an arm around Wonho as he pushed open the glass doors.

“Welcome to Ever Happy Bridal Shop!” the sales person greeted, “How may I help you today?”

“Uh,” Hyungwon looked around for his father but only saw a big white ball of fluff charging towards him.

“Hyungwon!”

The male winced.

“Is that the Witch?” Wonho asked in a hushed tone.

Hyungwon could only nod.

“Hyungwon you’re late!” the old women attempted to appear friendly, “Your father and Ara are in the change rooms.”

Ara is here? Frankly, Wonho didn’t think Ara would be the type to come into a store full of flowers and ribbons.

“And this must be Wonho!” she secretly stalked the Chinook heir after her daughter got placed at that company.

Wonho felt a hand slip under his arm violating his bicep.

“Aigoo look at you!” the old lady gasped, “Ara must be so lucky to work under you!”

What tried to be a smile turned out as a cringe, and as politely as he could, Wonho jerk his arm out of the old lady’s wrinkly hands.

On the sidelines, Hyungwon vibrated with giggles at the sight of his friend suffering.

“Do you have a girlfriend?” she asked directly.

“Multiple,” Hyungwon blurted now laughing openly ignoring the other male’s glares.

“Oh well,” she appeared disappointed, “That’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter