EP : 21

At The Point Of No Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV

Wonho screwed up.

He knew from the moment he smelt the piercing spearmint carried by the banging door.

“Oppa?” the girl underneath him questioned as she traced circles on his chest.

Wonho straightened cutting off the contact that now disgusted him.

“Get out,” he ordered.

“She already did,” the girl responded obliviously.

“I mean you!” he growled, “Didn’t I tell you already that you don’t deserve to be loved so why are you still here?”

Mia smirked, “I didn’t ask you to love me,” she hooked her legs around his hips straddling them, “And you didn’t seem all against it when I first came in.”

“That’s because I had nothing better to do,” Wonho admitted before jerking himself away from her.

“Ow,” she hissed in pain when she fell off the desk.

He smirked this time, “Now go before I call for security.”

The girl was blabbing some nonsense that was more like noise pollution so Wonho picked up his phone on his desk and dialed. Sure enough she sped out of there so fast that he wasn’t even sure if she had worn her clothes properly.

“Kihyun get me a new desk and everything that’s supposed to be on it,” he ordered before slamming his phone shut.

Wonho then collapsed into his chair and rubbed his temples.

He ed up so bad.

It was only a moment of lust.

Honestly speaking, he didn’t even know who came in through the door. Usually nobody dared to bother him during one of his “sessions” which was why he should have known that it was Ara.

Who else dared to barge into his office at anytime with zero notice?

A soft knock at his door was followed by a brunet poking his head in.

“Is everything alright?” Kihyun asked once his saw that Wonho’s office was mostly vacant.

“Where is my desk?” Wonho ignored the male’s question.

“It’s on its way,” Kihyun reassured, “But why are you avoiding my question.”

Wonho ran a hand through his hair tiredly and blew out a breath, “Kihyun,” he struggled for words, “Have you had a girlfriend before? A long term one?”

The younger one was caught off guard by Wonho’s question but seeing that he was being serious, Kihyun thought back to his first love in high school, “Yeah… I did.” They lasted four years, from juniors to seniors.

“Did you love her?”

“I did,” Kihyun stuttered, “I-I think.”

“What did it feel like?” Wonho played with the pen in his hands.

“Well,” Kihyun scratched his head, “I was just really happy. I woke up everyday excited because I knew that I was going to see her and every time before I saw her, I’d be filled with anticipation. Did she tie her hair up today? Maybe she changed her earrings. I wonder if she is wearing our couple bracelet.” He smiled dreamily, “The time spent with her was even more amazing. You’d just get loss and forget about the rest of the world. She’d become your only one and the two of you revolve around each other.”

Hearing Kihyun’s memories, Wonho couldn’t help but be bitter, all of those miraculous moments were something Wonho had never experienced before.

“If you liked her that much…” he bit his lips, “Why did you guys break up?”

“We grew up,” Kihyun answered simply. “We were accepted into different universities. She wanted to go overseas and I was staying in Korea. She wanted to become a movie director and I… well I’m working for you now aren’t I?”

Wonho kind of understood, obviously their differences made it harder for them to stay intact but... I guess this is just how a relationship works, Wonho sighed. Two people are together until they are hit with reality and find a brighter future without the other.

Kihyun observed his friend quietly. It was unlike Wonho to suddenly become so emotionally absorb in his buddy’s love affairs. Kihyun suspects that it had something to do with the stormy Ara. He partially felt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter