EP : 29

At The Point Of No Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ara POV

“Wow the very first phone call I get from you brought me here…” Hyorin ran her fingers along the cell bars in awe, “Will all your future calls be this adventurous as well?”

“Sorry,” I apologised, “I wouldn’t disturb you but… I needed someone to bail me out…” and you were the only other contact I had in my phone.

“What happened?” she asked sitting down cross legged on the ground.

“We got into a car accident,” I sighed mimicking her actions. The only difference was: I was sitting in the cell while she was sitting outside the cell.

After the tragic accident Shownu and I obviously phoned the ambulance and police. We were brought into the station. Shownu was taken into a room and I was left in the main lobby where they had a see through cell holding people who were waiting to be bailed out. I happened to be the only one here today.

“Did anyone get hurt?” she asked.

“I-I’m not sure,” and that scared me. We crashed into a middle age man. There was a pool of blood around his head. I could still remember the scene, Shownu looking as white as snow as he watched the older male being placed on a stretcher.

Right now I wasn’t worried about myself. I was worried about Shownu. He was probably killing himself with guilt. I didn’t know where he was but the moment I get out, I was going to find him. He was always there when I needed him, even if it was to make a cup of coffee, he’d always be on call for me so I wasn’t about to leave when he was in trouble.

Now talk about inappropriate timing but my stomach growled loudly and Hyorin heard it.

“OMG I’m so stupid, I didn’t bring food!” she was ruffling through her bag, “I’m sorry, you must have been here for hours already.”

Five hours if you actually counted. The first four were filled with questions and more questions.

“It’s fine,” I sighed. It was my fault for having only a banana for breakfast and then deciding to ditch lunch.

“Damn,” Hyorin bit her lip, “Where are they?” she was referring to the office workers, “You’d think a place like this will have officers 24/7.”

“They’re out for dinner,” I saw them leave, “And the ones that are here are probably investigating.”

“About what?” Hyorin rolled her eyes, “Do you and your boyfriend look like criminals?”

“You tell them that,” if the police hammered me with a million questions when I was only sitting in the car, I couldn’t imagine what they would ask Shownu, the one who drove the car.

“Maybe I can quickly leave and grab something then come back,” Hyorin suggested.

I looked out the glass doors, it was already dark outside, “Don’t,” I said, “It’s not safe.”

She raised an eyebrow, “Near a police station?”

“That’s where all the deepest s go down,” I reasoned.

Hyorin sighed, “Are you okay though? I don’t want you fainting on me.”

I gave her a small smile, “They left forty minutes ago… they should be back soon.”

Just as my words died, the front door was pushed open.

“I can’t believe you actually got yourself in jail,” Hyungwon walked in carrying what had to be the most delicious aroma, instant noodles. I felt myself salivating.

“Or rather, I can’t believe it took you this long to get yourself in prison,” he sighed.

Hyorin got off from the ground and greeted Hyungwon, he acknowledged her with a nod.

“You can leave,” he said.

At first I thought he was talking to me but then I noticed that he was addressing Hyorin. She gave me a questioning look.

“I can bail her out,” Hyungwon insisted.

When I saw that he wasn’t going to change his mind, I glanced at Hyorin apologetically, “Sorry, I made you come out for nothing.”

“Nah it’s nothing,” Hyorin bid me goodbye and good luck. Once Hyungwon’s back was to her, she mouthed me something before she left.

I suspect that it was something along the lines of, “I got to see him. It’s worth it.” It made me chuckle.

Hyungwon stared at me like I sprouted another head, “How can you be laughing in this situation?”

“What?” I retorted, “Last time I checked, there wasn’t a law that said you couldn’t laugh in jail.”

Hyungwon rolled his eyes.

“How did you know I was here?” I asked him.

“Something called connections,” Hyungwon kept a blank face but he sat on the ground across from me still holding that damn ramen.

“Why do you have connections everywhere?” I tried to keep my eyes away from the ramen but I was failing miserably and he noticed.

“You want this?” he opened the lid.

“Didn’t you bring it for me?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter