EP : 32

At The Point Of No Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV

Ara hurried herself into the change room and pressed her back against the quickly shut door. Her heart was a beating mess inside her rib cage. Tearing the mask off her face, her heavy breathing filled the otherwise silent room.

What was Wonho doing here?

Out of all places, the hospital was the last place she’d expect to find Wonho. It wasn’t an exaggeration to say that she had almost screamed when she saw him.

Rushing, she changed out of the uniform and swung the door open half expecting Wonho to be on the other side. Thankfully he wasn’t which meant he hadn’t seen her. Sighing in relief, she walked out and exited through the back door.

After catching a cab, she asked the driver to bring her to the station. There was a slim chance that they’d let her visit Shownu since it was made clear that nobody was allowed near him until the patient wakes up.

The patient had to wake up and now for more than one reason.

It was only morning but Ara already felt drained. She had so many questions and she had nobody to address them to. How she wished none of this happened, that they didn’t get into a car accident and that the victim of that accident lying unconscious on the white bed wasn’t potentially her father.

“We’re here,” the driver informed her.

She got off and headed to the doors but slowed gradually when she saw a shadow slumped against the wall… a very familiar shadow.

“Kihyun,” she nudged his leg with her foot, “Wake up.”

“Five more minutes,” he mumbled

“How can you be sleeping here?” Ara frowned, sure it was outside the police station but that didn’t guarantee safety.

“A-Ara?” Kihyun peeled his eyes open and sniffed sleepily.

“Aren’t you cold?” Ara leaned against the wall now amused at the slack brunet. She was debating on whether or not to take a picture of this and blackmail him later.

“Wonho that ,” Kihyun cursed, “He told me to get a bus! What kind of brainless moron doesn’t know buses stop running after twelve?”

“I think he knew,” Ara suppressed a smile.

Scowling Kihyun shot out a hand and demanded, “Help me up.”

Ara only stared at his outstretched arm.

“If it weren’t for you I wouldn’t have been outside after midnight!” he exclaimed furiously, “You’re not off the hook either!”

Rolling her eyes, she grasped his hand and hulled him up.

“Here for your boyfriend?” Kihyun dusted himself off.

“Bye,” Ara went into the station and asked for Shownu.

“Sorry miss, the case is still under investigation, we cannot allow Mr. Son any guests.”

As expected, she thanked the officer and left. 

“They’re not letting you see him huh?”

Ara’s eyes flickered to the brunet at the door, “Why are you still here?”

“Where should I be then?” Kihyun inquired as he followed her down the steps.

“I don’t know,” she flagged a taxi, “Don’t you have work?”

“Don’t you?” Kihyun smirked.

“But you’re Wonho’s personal assistant,” she opened the taxi door, “He can’t manage without you.”

“Then he shouldn’t have left me here!” Kihyun brushed past Ara and stormed into the taxi.

Ara raised an eyebrow. She was still standing outside with her hand on the door.

“Are you planning to stalk me for the rest of the day?” she asked. 

“Why not,” Kihyun shrugged, it wasn’t like he had anything better to do.

“Okay,” she agreed so easily that it surprised the male.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter