EP : 26

At The Point Of No Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV

When Shin Wonho opened his eyes painfully in the middle of the night he did not expect his room to be fully lit – let’s clarify. By “fully lit” he meant the radiating beauty that was moving around freely in his bedroom wearing his sweatshirt. It’s not the first time he saw her so… under dressed but with the flying strands of hair escaping from her loose bun and her naturally rosy cheeks, it was enough to drive any man off edge, even a sick one.

Wonho was lying on his side and as creepy as it sounded – just stared at the girl as she busied herself with something at his desk. She had a knee on his chair as the rest of her body was hunched over the table. The constantly movement of her arm showed that she was drawing something. He didn’t know how much time had passed since he woke up but he didn’t really mind. If it was her, he could stay here forever.

The sound of pencil scraping on paper suddenly stopped. Ara straightened her back and admired her work. Satisfied with her final product, she nodded her head in approval and did a little celebratory dance in her chair.

Cute, Wonho thought and released a soft laugh making the female turn in her chair.

“You’re up,” she didn’t seem fazed.  

“You’re here,” Wonho replied and felt a big smile stretch across his lips.

“Of course I’m here.”

Wonho really liked how her tone was so natural and at ease, it made it sound like she belonged in his room.

Getting out of the chair, she grabbed a glass of water and a pill before approaching him.

“What’s wrong with me?” he somehow finally realized his abnormal state.

“Some Dimwit couldn’t take care of his wounds properly so now he has an infection,” Ara replied blankly, “Oh yeah, he fainted too.”

Fainted? Horror struck Wonho’s face as he suddenly remembered. They had been watching fireworks except as time went by, Wonho saw more and more black spots instead of colorful ones.

That is so embarrassing. I was supposed to be taking care of her today, not the other way around. He groaned and hid his face in his pillow.

Amused with his behavior, Ara rubbed his back to comfort him, “I’ve already applied ointment on your cuts but you need to take this for your fever.”

Turning slightly so only half his face emerged from the pillow Wonho opened one eye and saw the pill, “I don’t want to.”

Ara raised an eyebrow at his childish protest, “Oh don’t tell me the acrophobic is also afraid of pills.”

When Wonho’s face turned stricken, Ara got her answer and she had to cup a hand over so that her laugh wouldn’t wake up the entire house.

“For the record, this time I actually have a legit reason to hate pills, they clog your trachea and kill you,” he stated. His actual fear was developed at the age of seven when he saw somebody on TV throw a grape in the air and caught it in their mouth. At the time, Wonho thought it was the coolest thing ever so he mimicked the action using a peanut. Call it bad luck or whatever but the peanut got stuck right in his throat and ever since then Wonho refused to swallow anything he couldn’t chew on first.

“Fine,” she giggled. Ara took the glass and pill away and left the room.

“Y-Yah,” Wonho used his elbow and tried to prompt himself up but he started seeing stars again so he just laid back down pouting, wondering if she had already ditched him.

His worries were addressed moments later when Ara came back with a bowl and spoon in hand.

She sat on the edge of his large bed and helped him sit up before feeding him the contents inside the bowl.

“Ew what is this,” Wonho wrinkled his nose at the bitter taste.

“I dissolved the pill in water,” she held the spoon to his lips again, “It won’t work as well but it’s better than nothing.”

“It tastes bad,” he whined.

“ it up or die,” she commanded.

“Aish,” Wonho opened his mouth and Ara took this chance to shove the spoon in.

“Hey!” he coughed a bit, “That wasn’t-…”

She managed to get another spoonful in his mouth.

This time Wonho grew smarter and smacked his lips shut.

“Last one,” she promised.

He shook his head stubbornly.

“You need to get better,” she felt like she was convincing a six year old to eat.

Wonho still wasn’t collaborating.

“Fine,” Ara placed the bowl down and used her now free hand to pinch Wonho’s slightly lighter bruised cheek.

“Owowow!”

The last spoonful went in.

“Finally,” she returned the spoon to its bowl and dusted her hands off.

“You’re cruel,” Wonho rasped out.

“You’ll thank me later when you’re alive,” she shrugged.

“Where did you find such foul tasting things,” he wondered. Even he didn’t know where they kept the first aid kit in his house.

“I bought it from a convenience store,” Ara admitted.

“What?” Wonho gagged, “How can you feed me corner store medicine!”

Ara raised an eyebrow, “Well you’re still alive aren’t you?”

“And you’re still as cruel as ever,” Won

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter