EP : 28

At The Point Of No Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV

“So,” Hyorin blew a bubble with her gum, “How many hotels do you get for being the Hotel Heir’s sister?”

See this was Hyorin. Instead of plundering Ara with: WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME questions, she was more concerned for Ara’s nonexistent inheritance.

“Mhmm,” Ara pretended to think about it, “If I’m lucky, then the janitor’s closet in the most desolate hotel.”

Laughing Hyorin popped her gum, “Make sure you don’t forget to give me a tour around that closet.”

“Don’t worry,” Ara grinned, “I won’t forget.”

“Say,” Hyorin chewed thoughtfully, “Are you still planning to graduate?”

“What kind of a question is that?” Ara held the front door open, “Of course.”

“Sorry to be a party pooper but you kind of missed a really crucial week of labs,” Hyorin pouted reluctantly.

Ara sighed. Looks like Chae doesn’t even need to work his magic to kick her out anymore.

“Hey it’s okay,” Hyorin draped an arm over Ara’s shoulder, “I’ve got all the notes down, you can borrow them, and I can help you with the labs too if you want.”

“Really?” Ara’s eyes lit up.

“Name a date and place and I’ll be there,” Hyorin nodded encouragingly.

“Umm…” Ara thought for a moment, “I can’t give you a tour of the janitor’s closet yet but I can show you the Hotel Heir’s mansion.”

“Will the Hotel Heir be there?” Hyorin asked enthusiastically.

Ara was going to say no but seeing the excitement in the other girl’s eyes… Ara wondered if maybe she should say yes.

“If you’re lucky,” she decided to settle with something ambitious.

“Oh boy,” Hyorin was staring at the ground but Ara still saw the growing smile.

“Why?” Ara teased, “Did he captivate your heart with that boring speech of his?”

“Maybe,” Hyorin was an honest person… and a curious one too. “What is he like when he’s not giving a boring speech?” she asked Ara.

“Well…” the word Jackass almost slipped out of . He wasn’t really one to her anymore but she kind of got into a habit of calling him one.

“He’s pretty quiet,” she said after a moment of thought, “He doesn’t really like talking to you if he doesn’t know you well but once he warms up to you he can be very… considerate.”

“You guys are pretty close then?” Hyorin recalled the time Hyungwon picked Ara up after class.

“We’re… we’re…” Ara hadn’t seen him after the wedding. Of course she spent most of her time at Wonho’s before running to the mansion to grab her clothes and books before class. Suddenly she remembered ditching him at the wedding, “Okay,” hopefully.

“That’s good,” Hyorin looked up and grinned, “Looks like someone is waiting for you.”

Ara looked up expectantly and when she saw the old Audi R8, she couldn’t help but be a teensy bit disappointed. She didn’t even know why she had expected it to be Hyungwon, maybe because he had picked her up once before.

“You’re so lucky,” Hyorin puffed her cheeks, “You have a flower as a brother and a body builder as a boyfriend.”

“Flower?” Ara chuckled, she doubt Hyungwon would like that term.

“Just look at those huge eyes,” Hyorin used her fingers to pry her eyes open in an exaggerated manner, “How is that not a flower.”

“Flower it is,” Ara bid Hyorin good bye and headed to the car.

“Wait!” Hyorin raced after Ara.

Ara turned around to se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter