EP : 5

At The Point Of No Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV

“Are you sure this will work?” Wonho asked worriedly as he smoothed the large sheet of paper. When the chairwoman deemed that he didn’t contribute enough to the company, he thought he could get away with his aegyo like always but this time it was different, she was serious. The next day, she handed him this new project and nobody was allowed to help him. 

“You can complete this or you can invite yourself out of Chinook.” 

Apparently his aegyo had failed to work this time. 

After two and a half Youtube videos to compensate for his lack of concentration in university, he picked up his pencil and drew this in one go. 

“This is lovely!” Mr. Lim assured, “But um… may I ask what the scale is?” 

“Scale?” Wonho rolled up his sleeves and scratched the back of his head, “What is that?” 

Mr. Lim’s jaw dropped but he quickly pushed it back up, “N-Nothing Sir! It isn’t important.” 

“You’re lying,” Wonho sighed feeling depleted. He knew his drawing and this old grump here was just up to the CEO. Wonho was never good at these kinds of things. He preferred running the company than working for it. 

“No Sir!” Mr. Lim’s pupils quaked, “It’s really a great design and anyone would think so.” He looked around and spotted a female worker walking by. 

“Hey you!” 

Wonho glanced up and saw the confused girl. The first thing he noticed was her shirt. Her shirt had too many buttons closed. Okay that made me sound like a ert Wonho diverted his glaze. Originally, the company had regular uniforms, normal blouses, and pencil skirts that fell above the knee. However since Wonho transferred here as CEO a few months ago, he would noticed the skirts shrinking shorter and shorter day by day, eventually he found ripped cloth under desks and so on. Of course all was done to impress him, so in order to save time Wonho just ordered the uniforms to be made shorter. 

Nobody complained and everybody wore it... until now.

As the girl walked over, a fresh scent of spearmint filled the air. He remembered smelling it somewhere, but then again a lot of women had the same perfume, though by fair this one was his favourite. 

Lim asked the girl about the picture. Wonho resisted the urge to roll his eyes, of course she would say that it was splendid, that was her job.  

So when he heard the words, “I don’t like it” come out of , his eyes immediately flew to her name tag. 

Im Ara

There weren’t many people in this world who defied him… or his work, no matter how horrible it was. This girl had guts and that impressed him. He felt a natural smile urging to break out but he stopped himself. 

He silently noted all the remarks she made about his mistakes and now that he looked at it again, most of it actually made sense. How had he been so carless to leave a gap between the last room and a wall because he was too lazy to space things out properly? Wonho concluded that he was probably really tired by then. After all, he did this yesterday and after sixteen torturous hours when he was done, he went clubbing. 

He watched in amusement as the girl bickered with her superior. Soon enough, Kihyun also got tangled into the argument. 

The girl was feisty and it was obvious that neither Lim nor Kihyun would be able  to control her.

So after she called Wonho a dimwit, they obviously had to bring him out and reveal his identity to suppress her. 

It didn’t exactly work, but the shock on her face was definitely entertaining. However the shock quickly faded and was replaced by… Wonho wasn’t sure but it almost looked like triumph. 

She was an intern that was about to get fired and she didn’t look scared at all. 

That was when it hit him. She wants to get fired. He saw the bright fire burn in her eyes and knew that his prediction was correct. 

If that’s the case then maybe this dimwit will actually hire you, he thought to himself.

Who she was, where she came from, it was all a mystery for Wonho but her appearance itself intrigued him. And what Wonho found interesting… well he wasn’t going to let it pass. 

So just to torture her, he got Kihyun to get her one of their shirts even though she was already more than desirable in her own. The outfit showed off her long legs and her skin glowed against the white fabric. Although the blouse was buttoned up, the material would be semi see through whenever the light hit her in the right spots. Wonho felt like the shirt was teasing him and he didn’t like it one bit.

Nobody teases Shin Wonho. 

He told Kihyun to bring her to the meeting and now he was half regretting. This was an important meeting and he would have to give his 110% concentration but he’d be lucky to give it 10% when she was there. 

In the end he decided it was worth it. At least her presence would keep him awake. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter