EP : 25

At The Point Of No Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ara POV

A new thing I learned today was that Jooheon really couldn’t dance.

“It’s because this is classic,” he had claimed, “If it was Hip Hop I would be dominating the dance floor right now.”

Halfway through the song he suggested we take a break and get some food. I was perfectly fine with that idea.

It took a lot of effort to dance with the boys. Each one of them had their own style sometimes it required a massive amount of movement (Minhyuk) and other times it didn’t (I.M).

However if one of them were to ask for another dance, despite my aching toes, I would probably still say yes.

But the hour hand was ticking closer and closer to twelve and the palms of my hands became more and more sweaty.

I had to place them on the table to keep them from shaking.

My eyes scanned the ball room and spotted nobody.

Minhyuk was probably in the kitchen trying to steal some scotch.

I.M was probably in a closet playing games on his phone.

Kihyun would be scrambling around trying to find something that makes himself look taller.

Jooheon should be easy to spot in his red hair but I didn’t see any redness around.

Hyungwon was probably getting his car right now.

My eyes drifted to the clock.

11:55

He should have the car ready by now right?

I stood up but I couldn’t move. My body was shaking and my knees buckled from underneath. I would have been on the ground by now if it wasn’t for the strong arms that held me up.

“Be careful…”

I heard the familiar voice and it sent shivers down my spine. The voice I hadn’t heard the entire day… and I realised… I missed it.

He turned me around so we faced each other.

The first thing I saw was the deep purple cut on his lip. The inflammation definitely got worse. It made me wonder if he had taken proper care of his injury. The abnormal paleness of his skin only triggered my concerns.

I was about to ask but something made me stop.

I glazed into his warm hazel eyes.

The eyes that used to be so playful and daring were now serious and perceptive.

The eyes that used to make me annoyed and unsettled now gave me security and reassurance.

The change took away my power to speak.

“May I…” he swallowed once before finishing his sentence, “have the last dance?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Narrator POV

“When I allowed the dance, I don’t remember agreeing to you dragging me out into the cold.”

“Sorry,” Wonho apologized, “I promise I’ll give you my jacket after this.”

He pulled out his keys and unlocked his car as they walked into the parking lot.

Wonho went to the passenger side and took out something from his car’s compartment.

He hid the item behind him as he walked back to Ara.

“I um…” for once Wonho didn’t know what to say in front of a girl.

“I saw this at the bridal store the other day,” he fiddled with the item behind his back, “It was the only thing that caught my eye,” he admitted, “So I bought it without thinking and then I realized… I didn’t have anyone to give it to.”

“I was going to throw it away,” Wonho confessed, “But now I’m glad I didn’t.”

The entire time Ara had solely focused on his face and words that she didn’t even notice what his hands were doing until she felt something wrap around her wrist.

She glanced at her arm and found a black corsage.

“It matches your dress perfectly,” Wonho took a small step back and admired the perfect girl in front of him.

Ara examined the corsage and found herself incapable of tearing her eyes away from this skillfully hand crafted flower.  

“Do you like it?” Wonho’s voice revealed nothing but he was actually trembling like someone with hyperthermia on the inside. He had never been so nervous in front of a girl before. Usually he didn’t give a damn about what the girl thinks but now he was terribly concerned and scared of her feelings. He was afraid that he had somehow messed up… again.

What if she doesn’t like it?

What if she finds it ugly?

Thoughts like this were running through his mind for the first time and they didn’t stop until he finally heard her voice.

“It’s beautiful…” she tore her eyes away from her arm to the man in front of her.

Hearing her answer Wonho’s heart finally was at ease.

“But…” Ara played with the straps of he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter