EP : 35

At The Point Of No Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV

 

“Like what you’re seeing?” Hyungwon straightened his tie and smirked at the mirror. Well not at the mirror, more like little reflection in the corner of the mirror that was currently gawking at him.

Ara shut quickly and attempted to fix her typhoon attacked hair to decrease the contrast between her and Hyungwon.

“What’s the occasion?” she mumbled poking at her sport shorts and oversized t-shirt, “I thought you promised me a movie marathon today,” she pouted. She scanned Hyungwon from head to toe, shiny dress shoes, expensive blazer, more expensive tie clip, “That’s not the dress code for being a couch potato.”

Hyungwon smiled reluctantly and ruffled her hair, “Sorry but apparently they’re extending their honeymoon which means I have to take care of some stuff in the company.”

Ara’s pout got deeper and Hyungwon had to look away or else he would for sure kiss her.

“So I’m going to be alone today?” she hated being alone. In the past she never really realized because she was either too busy or when she was feeling a bit depressed, Shownu would show up immediately to cheer her up. Now that he wasn’t here, Hyungwon had somehow managed to fill that role. Although Ara knew she shouldn’t, she was already… used to this caring Jackass.  

“No classes today?” he asked, “Or work?”

Work, she had specifically been putting that one off on purpose.

“I don’t want to go,” Ara retorted childishly.

“I don’t either,” Hyungwon gave her a soft smile, “But dad put me in charge so I have to fulfill my responsibilities.”

Nodding, she reached over and gave his tie one final tug before walking him out the door.

Hyungwon turned around and Ara felt a pinch on her left cheek, “Yah, at least send me off with a smile,” he demanded.

“You make it sound like you’re not returning,” Ara giggled.

Hyungwon pulled on a poker face, “Did anyone ever tell you that you have a natural charm that attracts punches?”

Ara pouted again and this time released her goldfish eyes, “How can anyone have the heart to punch me?”

“Aish,” Hyungwon let out a loud laugh and shook his head, “You’re impossible.”

“You just found out?” she winked at him before pushing him out the door, “Now go before you’re late.”

“I thought you didn’t want me to leave?” he asked while being shoved.

“Yeah but now I need you to so you won’t make me late,” she stood by the doorway and placed her hands on her hips.

“Oh so I was able to talk you into going to work?” Hyungwon asked while walking to his car.

“Who said I’m working,” Ara stuck her tongue out, “I’m just paying Shin Corp a visit.”

Wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter