EP : 12

At The Point Of No Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Semi important A/N at the end 

Narrator POV

*Clang*

“Oh my god,” he swiped the towel off the shelf and dabbed his sweat covered face in exhaustion. 

After he was done, he hooked the towel over his neck.

Wonho couldn’t focus. 

He had been fighting with that stupid dumbbell for the past three hours and neither of them was cooperating. 

Wonho stared at himself in the mirror, puffing his cheeks out in frustration; he ran a hand through his sweat drenched hair before pushing it all to one side.  

After Ara left, he decided to ditch work and head to the gym. Usually working out was his favourite past time activity… was. 

Now every time he saw weights he’d automatically be reminded of Ara’s muscle manic boyfriend. 

Wonho grabbed the collar of his shirt and roughly pulled the whole thing over his head. He discarded the white tee and examined his reflection. 

In his group of friends he always had the best body. His body was half is pride. So when Shownu came along flexing his biceps… half of Wonho’s pride was squashed. The other half was composed of girls. So when Shownu came along and took Ara away… it fattened out the other half of Wonho’s pride. 

He was really starting to hate that Shownu guy. 

Wonho wondered what Ara was doing right now… he didn’t really want to know. After all she was with her boyfriend… they were a couple. What else did couples do? 

He actually didn’t know. 

Believe it or not, the great Wonho never dated. He always thought that dating was too much work. Why bother spending so much time on someone who was going to leave? It was easier to just spend money. It makes the girls come fast and leave faster. 

But for the first time, he wanted to know how it feels. How it feels to wait outside a girl’s house, how it feels to kiss her more than once, how it feels to get slapped in the face for doing something wrong. All those things… they were impossible to experience with bar girls. And frankly those things… Wonho only wanted to experience them… if the girl was Ara. 

Quit it Wonho.

He shook his head to clear his thoughts. 

She was taken. He had to continuously remind himself. She was taken. There was only one rule that Shin Wonho followed and that was… never hit on women who were taken. 

Just because he wont receive a happily ever after doesn’t mean he’s out to destroy other people’s perceived fairytale endings. 

Ara was on his forbidden list. 

Wonho scowled and punched the wall. 

He heard his knuckles crack but he didn’t care. He wasn’t supposed to feel. Real feelings were for the weak. The moment you feel is the moment you expose yourself to pain. There was no such thing as tender love because if there was then his parents wouldn’t have … 

*RING*

“Hello?” Wonho picked up without checking the ID. 

“H-Hyungwon Oppa?” 

So Hyungwon sent him another one. Wonho examined his broken knuckle. It was at a good timing too. Wonho hadn’t gone clubbing for 48 hours (since he met Ara), his best friend sure knew when he needed a nice pick me up. 

Enough was enough. Sure Ara was hot. She was y and freaking perfect but she was taken and he really doesn’t care enough to wait. Wasting two days on her was enough. 

Calming his breaths he mimicked Hyungwon’s voice, “Yes?”

"I-It's Mia."

Wonho could almost see her blushing through the phone. 

"Say Mia... I've been waiting for your call." 

When he heard her squeal, Wonho’s old smile came back.

 

 

 

*                      *                      *

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter