EP : 23

At The Point Of No Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV

As soon as Wonho entered his company, his foot stepped on a sheet of paper. His glazed followed the white sheet and realized that the entire floor was scattered with it.

He was then met with the most bizarre sight.

It had him breathless for a second because it could also easily be the most beautiful sight he’d ever laid his eyes on.

The feeling was like watching an unstoppable wild horse running freely on the open field at full power with its beautiful mane flaring and flapping sharply in the wind.

Well this mane was blazing silver and this wild horse… was the girl that made his heart do the strangest things.

In the main lobby, Im Ara held onto a scarf attached securely around another employee’s neck swing both the scarf and worker around mercilessly as her other arm head locked a brunet.

“You’re!” Kihyun’s voice squeaked when Ara pinched his nose, “Finally here,” he said to Wonho.

Noticing his presence, she finally released Kihyun and the other poor worker.

“I’m hurt!” Kihyun straightened and attempted to adjust his crinkled attire, “I thought we were friends! We even welcomed you with our traditional one short drinking –…”

“Come to my office,” Wonho assumed that Ara had set this whole scene for him.

He walked away first and Ara and Kihyun followed him.

“Did something happen to your face?” Kihyun frowned trying to catch up with the older one. Earlier when his head was under Ara’s armpit, he couldn’t get a good glance at his boss.

“It’s nothing,” Wonho dismissed his injuries and opened the door letting himself and Ara in before closing it in Kihyun’s face.

Wonho went to his chair behind his desk and sat down indicating Ara to also take a seat. He took his hands out of his pockets and rested them on the desk, “Your new hair looks good.” Wonho really did like her new silver hair.

Ara barely murmured. Her eyes were trained on his poorly bandaged hands.

Seeing her silence, he continued, “I assume that you made me rush over because you’ve finally realized your undying love for me. Well now you have me and I’m all ears.” His cheekily smile returned and erased all evidence of his earlier break down. Well except for his bruises.

His bruises, the minute after Ara saw them, she momentarily forgot why she came here. However his flirtatious words and the disturbing memories of his room brought it all back.

“Fire me,” Ara forced herself to look away from the cut on his lip.

Unfazed, Wonho lightly responded, “Unhappy with the pay? Let’s change your pay to the regular salary forget about the intern stage.”

At his words, Ara felt the fire in her reignited. This was exactly why she wanted to leave.

“All of you are the same. You think money can fix everything don’t you?” Her voice was deadly clam and her answer completely threw Wonho off track.

“Well I mean,” he tried to find an excuse, “That’s what most people want right? I just assumed…”

“I think you and I know very well of why I am working here,” Ara’s eyes met his, “If it wasn’t for Hyungwon’s dad I wouldn’t even be here.”

“He has money and for some reason that naturally grants him the power to pull me out of my desired lifestyle and plant me in this monotonic environment without my consent.”

“Hey it’s not that bad here,” Wonho shrugged, “like I know you kind of threw a tantrum on the first day but then you got used to it and –…”

Ara’s laugh cut him off, “You still don’t get it do you? In all of your eyes, I’m just a dirt poor soul that should be on my knees bowing gratefully to all of you because you gave me a fancy mansion and a ‘good’ job.”

Wonho frowned, “I never thought that –…”

She cut him off again, “Maybe those weren’t your exact thoughts but subconsciously you think it. You revealed it as soon as you tried to buy me. Just because all of you have some money, you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter