EP : 37

At The Point Of No Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV

Most of the time when someone asks: “How do you know when you really like someone?”

Most people would say: “Butterflies, you’ll feel the butterflies fluttering in your stomach.”

And if you believed that, then well, you’re a newbie. True love is not defined by butterflies ticking your insides but by a hot iron mace shredding your stomach lining. Love isn’t measured by how blissful one feels when they see him/her but instead should be determined by how bleak one becomes after they see him/her with someone else.

Want proof? It’s easy, just ask Hyungwon who is currently standing by the doorway, jaw tightened, fist clenched, not really sure how to deal with the sight of his best friend and his crush fighting playfully over a bowl of ramen.

“Yah! Wonho,” Ara giggled involuntarily as the male attacked her sides with tickles.

“You had two bites already!” he suavely took the bowl away from her, “Besides, I thought you were supposed to be comforting me.”

“Still?” Ara asked sceptically and rolled her eyes, “We should’ve just eaten out.” She jumped and latched onto his neck.

“Oomph!” the male doubled over at the extra weight on his back.

“Ah…” Ara opened and Wonho inserted a piece of ham before grunting, “I really love the fact that you’re cuddling my back but do you mind doing it while I’m horizontal and not vertical to the ground?”

It was only then when Ara realized how she was practically stuck to Wonho. Quickly hopping off, she focused her attention to cleaning the spotless counter top.

“All this trouble could’ve been avoided if you would just cook,” Wonho pouted and mumbled to himself. After that one time Ara used his kitchen, Wonho couldn’t stop fantasizing about her cooking. The scene even appeared in his dreams which made him more determined than ever to turn it into a reality… but clearly it was a lot harder than he had imagined. Although he loved ramen, he was sure he’d love her cooking more.

When Ara was sure that her voice would be normal, she replied, “I only cook for two people,” Wonho listened intently as she counted her fingers, “Shownu and me-…”

“Me,” Hyungwon decided to make his grand entrance before that mace could break through his skin.

Wonho gave a two finger salute to his friend without looking up from his bowl.

“Oh,” Ara turned around surprised, “You’re home.” For some reason, she blushed. It wasn’t normal; she was usually good at controlling her reactions, without her permission a single hair wasn’t even allowed to drift. However now her cheeks were betraying her, she felt like she got caught committing an illegal crime.

She wasn’t really sure who bugged her more, her childish tactics being spotted or the fact that it was Hyungwon that was the spotter.

Or maybe the fact that Hyungwonho were suddenly both present in the same room… but it wasn’t like the first time that happened… why was it different this time? What had changed?

“How’s the company?” she asked attempting to make it sound conversational.

“Good?” Hyungwon raised an eyebrow. Since when was she ever interested in business?

Wonho finally finished the bowl and placed it down, “Did you quit from my company so you can work at his?”

“You qui

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter