EP : 16

At The Point Of No Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV

In the sea of dancing people, there was only one that stood out like the most finely cut diamond in a display case with a thousand of other stones.

Wonho couldn’t help himself as the corner of his lips corked up into a soft smile.

Im Ara.

Being the only one wearing an aquamarine dress, she really never fails to draw attention to herself.


Wonho didn’t even notice that he had been staring for too long until he felt claws dig into his arm.

“She’s your sister?”

Startled, Wonho tore his glaze form the gemstone only to realise that the claw belonged to Minhyuk who was currently scowling at Hyungwon.

The blond snapped his head suspiciously at Wonho, “Did you know?”

Using two fingers to take out the claw in his arm, Wonho glanced at Hyungwon before clearing his throat, “Uh, yeah...”

“Wait,” the gears in Kihyun’s head were spinning, “Im Ara? The new intern?” he glanced at the dance floor again to make sure, “Holly .”

Minhyuk looked like he was about to faint, why did everybody know about his dazzling Goddess except him?

“Can we meet her?” Jooheon asked Hyungwon, “You have no problem inviting her up here since you guys are so close right?” he snickered.

“Uh…” Hyungwon felt his cheeks burn.

“Or Wonho Hyung can,” I.M only used honorific when he wanted something, “You’re her boss right Hyung?”

“Uh…” Wonho stared at his best friend and the two just looked at each other with wide eyes unsure of what to do.

“Aish, I’ll just go,” Kihyun offered before darting out of the room.

“Y-Yah!” Hyungwon blinked twice, “No wait!” he sprinted after the brunet.

“W-W-W…” Wonho gave up after stuttering and just followed the two other males.

“Huh,” Jooheon chewed on his nails, “I thought they didn’t want to go.”

“Hyung help me,” the maknae staggered under Minhyuk’s weight.

Jooheon just walked right past and returned to their VIP room.

“Hey,” I.M groaned, “Minhyuk Hyung you have two seconds to recover before I drop you on the floor.

At that, Minhyuk suddenly came back to life and stiffly strode away.

 

*                      *                      *

 

“SON SHOWNU!”

“SON SHOWNU!”

“SON SHOWNU!”

The crowd cheered as the fluid dancer dominated the center of the floor.

Amongst his audience, there was a special girl in an aquamarine dress that was cheering the loudest.

“GO SHOWNU!” Ara hollered, “IF YOU WORK HARD ENOUGH MAYBE YOU CAN BE A SENSATION ON YOUTUBE!” 

Shownu had to force himself to keep dancing and not double over with laughter.

Aye, what was he going to do without his best friend’s… unique support.

Ara’s eyes were crescents as she bounced with the music, cheering here and there. Overall she was enjoying herself so much that she didn’t notice a hand inching at her behind until someone howled in pain.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Shownu had somehow skillfully manoeuvred through his thick crowd of fangirls and slid one arm around Ara’s waist protectively while his other hand twisted a male’s wrist.

“S-Sorry,” the shaggy haired male stuttered, “I-I didn’t know she was taken.”

Shownu glared at him, “Show some respect. Even if the girl was single you don’t go around touching them! Next time it happens… consider yourself handicapped.”

Ara watched as the other male quivered, she gently tugged on Shownu’s shirt signaling him that she was fine and he should let it go.

Throwing him one last dirty look, Shownu released his hold but not before contacting his muscles making the man yelp in agony, “The only hand that is allowed near her is my hand got it?” He gave the other male a rough shove and watched as he stumbled away.

“That was some temper,” Ara chuckled and shook her head, “I think you made him piss in his pants.”

“How can you be laughing?” Shownu pouted slightly now resting both hands on her hips.

“C’mon we both know that if he had the guts to touch me, my heel would be up his nose in no time,” Ara, now feeling drained leaned against Shownu tiredly.

“Aww just let me play hero for a second will you,” he muttered against her ear and ran a hand through her hair.  

“Mhmm, I’ll think about it,” Ara teased.

Shownu chuckled throaty before unwrapping his arms, “I’m going to get a drink, do you want anything?”

“The usual,” Ara replied.

“Got it,” Shownu patted her head, “Find a seat and wait for me… and stay out of trouble.”

“You make it sound like I like trouble,” Ara scoffed but Shownu was already too far to hear her words. She scanned the place for a vacant table but someone suddenly jerked her hand making her scream.

“Shhh… Someone is going to think I did something!”

“K-Kihyun?” Ara squinted at the brunet.

“Hi,” he removed his hand from her wrist.

Ara groaned, “I can’t believe you tracked me down…” she puffed out her cheeks, “Sorry for ditching work.”

“Huh?” Kihyun frowned before his confusion cleared up, “OH YEAH WHERE WERE YOU?” he nagged, “You didn’t even call in. Do you know how much work there was waiting for you? Of course you don’t because I had to do them ALL.”

Ara just stood there as the male went on and on about the meetings, the reports, and more boring stuff.

“I would have fired you by now but since I know that you’re –…”

“Ara!”

She looked up at her name being called and found a slightly bewildered Hyungwon.

“Hey, I thought you didn’t want to come,” Kihyun pouted.

“You…” Ara looked between the two, “know each

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter