EP : 11

At The Point Of No Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV 

“Here I am after receiving your text, looking for a new shirt for you only to find you here with him wearing,” he gagged, “couple shirts… really?” 

Ara felt guilty. She had completely forgotten about Shownu bringing her a shirt, “You could have just brought me one of my old shirts from home.” 

“Yes, but being the chivalrous boyfriend I was, I wanted to surprise my lovely darling with a present but then I bump into her with who is this?” 

“My boss,” Ara introduced. 

“Oh,” Shownu snorted, “So he’s the airhead.” 

Ara opened to say something but Wonho cut her right off, “No I’m the dimwit,” he stated bluntly, “Get your facts straight airhead.” 

For once, Shownu’s eyes became fully visible and Ara slapped a hand over to keep the laugh from escaping. However her crescent shaped eyes gave her away and Wonho noticed. I made her laugh… twice. Go Wonho! He did an imaginary fist pump. Ara glared a lot, and when she wasn’t glaring, she had this blank expression that sealed all her emotions. Although he found his ice queen y, he loved it the most when she laughed. 

Wait did I just call her my ice queen, Wonho what are you thinking? Her boyfriend is like literally right here. He spaced out for a few seconds but thankfully the others didn’t seem to notice. 

Finally getting a good look at Shownu, Wonho now understood what Hyungwon had meant when he said to put on a few more pounds. This guy was like an annoying brick wall. 

Shownu bent down and whispered “Is there something wrong with his,” he drew circles beside his head. 

“Oh there’s definitely more than one problem,” Ara replied but she was still smiling. 

Shownu straightened and cleared this throat, “So, which one of you wants to explain?” 

“An employee spilt coffee on her so she needed a new shirt. The end,” Wonho shoved his hand in his pockets. Sure the boyfriend was buff but that didn’t mean Wonho was scared. 

“Oh so the CEO personally takes all his employees to the mall whenever they have an accident,” Shownu rolled his eyes, “Wow you must be busy.” 

“Nope, I only take the hot ones,” Wonho winked as she glared at him again.

“You. Are a psycho,” Shownu concluded before tugging off his hoodie and pulling it over Ara’s head, “We’re going.” 

Ara looked bewildered, “We are? But I –… Ah! Shownu!” she pounded on his back, “Put me down!” 

With Ara slung on his shoulder, Shownu turned to look at Wonho with a face that said fight me. 

Wonho just held up both hands in defense before waving one, “Enjoy your day off!” 

“Yah!” Ara tried kicking Shownu’s face but he held her legs away and started marching out of the mall. 

When Shownu turned his back to Wonho, Ara’s face came into view. 

“Bye!” Wonho smiled, “I’ll see you at work tomorrow!” 

When the couple disappeared from his line of vision, his smile faded as a bitter taste filled his mouth. 

He had just met her boyfriend and he didn’t like it one bit.

 

 

 

*                      *                      *

 

 

“WHAT WAS THAT?” 

Both of them yelled at each other once they were in the parking lot. 

Shownu threw Ara on the roof of his car so she couldn’t go anywhere, “Couple shirts?” he glared at her, “We are best friends for twenty years and you refuse to even have similar Halloween costumes of the same theme.” 

“That’s because you wanted me to be Batwoman!” Ara shot back and dangled her legs off the car’s roof. 

“That’s not the point,” Shownu glared at her, “You wouldn’t even get a friendship bracelet with me because you thought that was lame. And now you secretly start dating your CEO behind my back and get couple tees?” 

“You wouldn’t believe me if I say that it was a coincidence right?” Ara swung her legs frustrated. 

“You’re right I wont,” Shownu crossed his arms, “So make up a better story.” 

“He blackmailed me,” Ara confessed. 

“Into dating him?” 

“No. Ew. Into getting the couple shirts –…” 

“SO YOU’RE DATING HIM ON YOUR OWN WILL!” Shownu shrieked. 

“NO!” Ara kicked his window frame, “We. Are. Not. Dating.” She enunciated each word clearly to get the message through his thick skull.

“Then what’s with the…” 

“He likes teasing me,” Ara whined, “And I can’t do anything about it because he has a picture of me tied to his bed.” 

“He what?” Shownu’s eyes budged, “Even I don’t know what that looks like.” 

This time Ara kicked his chest, hard. 

“OwOwow,” Shownu doubled over, “If you kill me, nobody is driving you home.” 

“What do I do,” Ara punched the car, “I can’t do anything with that picture.” 

“Just steal his phone, give it to me, and I’ll break it,” Shownu snapped an imaginary board over his knee. 

“That’s…” Ara thought about it, “Actually not a bad idea.” Depending on how important his phone is, I might actually get fired for doing this.

“I’ll bring it to you tomorrow,” she spoke confidently. 

“That sounds like my girl,” Shownu held out his hand and Ara slapped it. 

“Now get me down,” she had her arms outstretched like a three year old. 

Shownu chortled “It’s not even that high,” but never the less he carried her down. 

“Well if I break my ankle, you’re the one bringing me to the hospital… and paying the fee.” 

“Wae?” Shownu opened his eyes again for the second time that day, “You’re currently the richer one.” 

“Shut up,” she opened the door and slipped into the passenger’s seat. 

“Should we grab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter