EP : 24

At The Point Of No Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV

The church bell rang melodically, the birds chirped vibrantly, and the swans glided gracefully across the pound.

That was a fairytale wedding.

The BGM rang monotonically, the guests chirped artificially, and the waiters glided stressfully across the floor serving drinks going from one CEO’s picky wife to another.

That was a more accurate description of this wedding.

“No thank you,” Wonho politely declined the champagne offered to him.

“I’ll take it! If the bar won’t let me get high then I have to take advantage of this,” Minhyuk gleefully took the last glass off the tray and drowned it.

“That is so stupid,” Changkyun deadpanned.

“Don’t get drunk,” Jooheon warned and the rest all nodded in agreement.

“Hyungwon will kill you,” Kihyun couldn’t hide the teensy bit of anticipation in his voice.

“Hyungwon probably wants me to get wasted and ruin this reception,” Minhyuk smacked his lips together evaluating the after taste, “It’s not even half as strong as the bar drinks.”

“Oh so you actually know what bar drinks taste like,” the maknae teased, “I thought they don’t give drinks to kids.”

“Shut up kid,” Minhyuk scowled and pretended to hit I.M with the empty glass.

“Talking about Hyungwon…” Jooheon skimmed the place, “Where is he?”

At the mention of their friend’s absence, Wonho glanced around and realised that Hyungwon wasn’t the only one missing.

“Maybe he bailed,” I.M wiggled his eyebrows.

“Then he is going to get it from Wonho,” Kihyun slung an arm around his boss’s shoulder.

At first nobody understood the brunet’s words but he was quick to elaborate, “I mean how can he dare to bail when Wonho even came knowing that he’ll be humiliated for the rest of his life because of his messed up face.”

Kihyun was quick to leap out of the way dodging Wonho’s punch.

“Are you still not going to tell us what happened?” Jooheon whined and tried aegyo on the older one.

“No,” Wonho answered and composed himself again after chasing Kihyun.

Honestly, he didn’t want to come. He woke up at two in the afternoon today and was running late. Half his lips swelled up like a pouting trout and he still had gauze on both his hands. His head had been spinning the moment he opened his eyes and he felt sick in the stomach but still pulled himself out of bed and into a tuxedo.

Hyungwon needed him here today. Wonho along with the rest of the crew always accompanied Hyungwon to his dad’s weddings. Nobody was ever absent and Wonho didn’t want to be the first one.

A secondary reason was because of the other missing person in the room.

Ara would be here.

She hated vows.

Her boyfriend wasn’t here.

She had nobody.

Wonho had to make sure that she was okay.

“He’s here!” Jooheon slapped Wonho on the back making the older one cough.

“Hyungwon!” Minhyuk pulled out a chair and stood on it to see over the crowd that was beginning to form around the newly entered guests.

Hyungwon bowled and politely asked people to make way.

“Why is he doing that?” Changkyun frowned, “He’s skinny enough to squeeze through a mouse hole.”

Maybe Hyungwon was skinny enough but the person that came in after him definitely wasn’t… at least not in her gown.

“Wow…” Minhyuk gasped and the glass almost slipped out of his fingers, “Silver hair on her should be illegal.”

Wonho could only agree.

Sure briefly yesterday, he saw her newly dyed hair and it shook his heart a bit.

Today, her hair stood out more against her solid black dress.


Her pale skin glowed against the dull fabric.

It created the perfect contrast.

“Hyungwon better bring her here,” Minhyuk muttered.

“Uh W-Why,” Kihyun was still semi scared from yesterday’s events.

Minhyuk just gave the brunet a bank look.

“Noona!” I.M suddenly bellowed, successfully catching everyone’s attention.

When Ara and Hyungwon looked over, the maknae eagerly waved at them.

“Wow that two faced ,” Minhyuk cursed under his breath.

“Why is she a Noona when we aren’t even a Hyung?” Jooheon narrowed his eyes at the young one, “You’ve met her like once.”

“What are you talking about Hyung?” I.M blinked his eyes innocence making the others gag.

“Hey,” Hyungwon came over and greeted his friends.

“Hi Noona!” I.M was clearly more interested in the girl behind his Hyung.

“Hi,” Ara greeted comfortably. Maybe it was because I.M was the youngest or maybe it was because they shared the same last name but she felt the most at ease around him.

“You look wicked,” Minhyuk was beside her in an instant.

“Who was calling who a two faced again?” Jooheon grumbled loud enough for the chirpy blonde to hear.

“Uh…” Kihyun scanned Ara from head to toe, “Isn’t it bad luck to wear black at a wedding?”

“It’s only bad luck if you believe it,” Ara replied.

“Well she clearly believes it,” Kihyun pointed at a storming figure marching towards them.

“Chae Ara what are you wearing?!” her mother came over with a flabbergasted expression.

“That is her mother?!” Minhyuk gasped sharply and then turned his head to Hyungwon, “She’s like a replica of the Witch in Snow White.”

“A dress,” Ara answered her mother’s question calmly.

“Are you trying to tell me to die early?” her mother scowled, “Don’t you know it is bad luck to wear black?”

“Don’t you know it is bad luck for the bride to be seen before the wedding?” Ara shot back.

“Ooh…” Jooheon whistled lowly and I.M sneaked her a high five.

Seeing that all of Hyungwon’s friends were here, her mother contained her anger and asked in the most pleasant tone she could muster, “What happened to your other dress darling?”

“I accidentally snipped it with a pair of scissors… Oops,” she shrugged.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter