EP : 30

At The Point Of No Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator POV

“FINALLY!” Kihyun got out and stretched in the cool breeze, “I can’t believe that paper work took a hour.”

“I still can’t believe you got into a car accident,” Wonho shook his head. Even if he knew that he was being unreasonable, he was kind of mad at Shownu for putting Ara at such risk.

“I just can’t believe it took three people to bail you out,” Hyungwon shivered in the cold wind and shoved his hands in his pockets.

As the three complained, Ara was the only that remained silent. The night was cold but she didn’t seem to notice.

The others took her quietness as exhaustion from being locked up the entire day.

“Let’s go home?” Kihyun suggested eagerly.

“Yep,” Wonho fished out his keys and waved Ara over, “I’ll drive you.”

Without thinking, Ara moved towards him. About halfway there, Hyungwon caught her wrist and gave Wonho a weird look, “We live in the same house dude.”

“So?” Wonho didn’t see the problem.

“Wouldn’t it make more sense if I took us home?” Hyungwon asked with a little laugh.

“I…” Wonho opened his mouth and then closed it, “I-I thought she wanted to go to her other place,” he responded lamely.

“Other place?” Hyungwon frowned and glanced at Ara, “You mean your boyfriend’s?”

Fake, Wonho thought but he didn’t find the need to let Hyungwon know that.

“Earth to Im Ara,” Kihyun waved a hand in front of her face, “Quickly pick so I can go home.”

“Sorry?” Ara gave them a blank expression telling them that she was completely lost.

“Do you want to go back to the mansion or your other place?” Hyungwon asked patiently.

“Oh,” usually, the answer was obvious. Ara hated the mansion but with Shownu being absent, their little rat pit suddenly didn’t seem so cozy anymore, “Mansion.”

“I got her then,” Hyungwon nodded at Wonho and started to head off to his white Porsche with Ara in hand.

“Wait!” with one quick swipe, Ara felt her back pocket deflate.

“In case you get locked up again,” Wonho gave her back her phone, “My number is in there.”

Ara barely nodded.

“Feel free to call too if Hyungwon harasses you!” Wonho finally revealed his real motive. He knew fairly well that the old couple was on their honeymoon and it would just be Hyungwon and Ara alone in the house. He didn’t like that idea at all which was why he tried to get her to go to her fake boyfriend’s place. At least with Shownu sort of arrested, Ara would be guy free in that house.

Hyungwon knowing his best friend all too well saw right through everything the moment Wonho offered to give her a ride. He ignored Wonho and tugged Ara lightly, “Let’s go.”

Wonho cupped his hands around his mouth and hollered, “PUT ME ON SPEED DIAL!” He watched as they drove away in Hyungwon’s car. When the car disappeared out of his vision, his arms fell limp to his sides.

“So,” Kihyun grinned and bumped the older one on the shoulder, “I kind of don’t have a car.”

“Oh,” Wonho answered absentmindedly before heading over to his new Jaguar C-X16, “Have fun busing!”

“Y-Yah!” Kihyun stood in the middle of the parking wide eyed when he saw Wonho’s car pull out without him, “BUSES DON’T RUN AT THIS TIME!”  

 

*                      *                      *

 

“Here,” Hyungwon set a cup of hot tea on the coffee table in front of Ara. She was sitting on the sofa wrapped snuggly in a blanket from neck down. The tips of her hair were still wet since she just came out of a shower.

“Shouldn’t you be sleeping?” she asked staring at the TV’s moving screen but not seeing anything except blurs of color.

“I’m not the one who should be exhausted,” Hyungwon sat down leaving a comfortable gap between them.

Ara merely hummed in response and Hyungwon took note of that. Ever since they came out of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter