EP : 1

At The Point Of No Return
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ara POV

[His Blood Pressure continues to drop. We can’t keep going.

Keep the transfusion going!

You realise you’re pouring blood into a bottomless pit.

What are you doing here?

Move aside. I will do it.] *

“Is this what you call studying for a Biology Exam?”

Suddenly, a gigantic boulder blocked the screen.


“Yah! Move,” I aimlessly swatted the air as I bent my neck to peek out from the side, “You’re blocking my view.”

“What view?” he raised an eyebrow, “I am the view.”

“View of Ahn Jaehyun idiot!”

“Aye… what is so good about an old, engaged guy?” Shownu asked, “I am way better looking.”

“Sure,” I snorted trying to see past him when he clearly wasn’t budging.

“What happened to: Sorry I can’t hangout today, I am studying for my final?” Shownu mimicked my voice.

“This is a med drama,” I pointed out lamely.

In my peripheral vision I saw Shownu roll his eyes but I couldn’t care less, I was used to his judging.

“Your mom called.”

“Oh,” I said.

Sighing, Shownu rolled his shoulders back. Granted the title of a robot, it was a given that he could transform and turning into a human backhoe was something that happened daily.

“AHH!!! LET ME DOWN!” I thrashed in his arms, “There is still 40 minutes left!”

He ignored my agonizing cries and didn’t put me down until we reached the bathroom.

“You have an hour,” he darted out of the small space and locked the door from the outside.

“I quote,” he cleared his throat for a moment before speaking in that nasty old wrench’s voice, “I want you nice and pretty, we’re meeting someone important tonight.”

“Probably another one of her boyfriends…” I groaned through the door.

Shownu shrugged even though you couldn’t see, “I’m just responsible for getting you there. Your dress, heels, and everything you need is in the washroom.”

“You went through my closet?!”

“You act like it’s the first time,” Shownu smiled evilly, “Come out pretty darling!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Narrator POV

“Are you sure you can’t come?” Ara asked for the nth time as the car rolled into the restaurant parking.

Shownu glanced at his attire then glanced at her, amused. He was wearing sweatpants and a sports jacket. She was wearing a strapless navy blue dress.  

 

A pair of white stilettos and a pair of silver hoop earrings.

“I don’t think you’d want me there,” he admitted.

“I’d want you anywhere,” she blinked her heavily lined eyes and played with her bracelet, “Why do you listen to her anyways.”

“Because you don’t,” Shownu looked at Ara knowingly and cut off the engine.

“Why does that matter?” she crossed her arms over her chest.

“Because I’m a conscientious boyfriend,” Shownu opened the door for her to prove his point.

Ara snorted, “Good one.”

She tugged his jacket off draping it over herself before marching to the entrance.

“You better not go anywhere if you still want that ‘Conscientious Boyfriend’ title,” she threatened.

He held up both hands and leaned against his car, “Your wish is my command my lady.”

With a heavy heart she pulled the jacket tighter around herself as she trudged her way inside.

As promised, Shownu stayed, watching her disappear farther and farther away, shoulder slouched, head down, shivering.

Times like this he truly felt sorry for her.

 

*                      *                      *

 

“What are you wearing?!”

Ara closed her eyes for a moment, fist clenched, she tried to remember Shownu’s words.

“The more you talk back, the smugger she feels, just ignore her.”

Taking a deep breath, she removed the jacket and simply said, “I was cold.”

“Aish give that thing to me,” her mother picked it up with her thumb and index finger treating it as if it had some kind of disease.

Plastering a fake smile, her mother gave her an approving nod at the outfit underneath, “Take a seat sweetie, you look endearing! Just remember to add more mascara next time to show off your long lashes.”

I already have naturally long lashes, why do I need to make them longer? Ara kept that thought to herself and sat down quietly like the obedient daughter she was… on the surface.

A few minutes of silence passed before her mother cleared .

“So, what do you think?”

Ara didn’t need any more clarification to know what her mother wanted. Painfully, she lifted her eyes away from the smooth black tablecloth and the sight hurt her eyes.

“So?” her mother’s voice filled with anticipation.

Your dress shows too much of your loose skin. Your make up makes you look hideous, your heavy earrings more so highlights your sagging skin and your hair looks like brittle hay. You are 40 but you act 20. You are disgusting.

But of course all Ara said was a small, “Nice,” before returning her attention back to the dull tablecloth.

Her mother didn’t seem satisfied with the answer but the door opened at that moment eliminating any further discussion about the older women’s hideous attire.

“Yeobo!”

Ara watched the same scene unfold.

Her mother was gushing and squeezing her empty chest a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter