Chapter 8

Strange Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good boy, Jesper. Go finish up your work and prepare for bed." I patted his tiny buns twice and he went back to his work.

 

Technically, it was already Saturday the moment I woke up………… Well, that was needless. If yesterday was Friday, obviously today would be a Saturday. Duh. I silently judged myself again as I began my day by washing up in the toilet and getting ready to go to mom’s cafe. I tucked on a simple blouse and a pair of skinny jeans before I went to Jesper’s room to wake that little sleepy bug up.

 

“Wake up, piggie!” I caressed his face and patted him as I muttered those words softly. I saw his eyelids moved a little, well, the sign of him waking up. As expected, Jesper opened his eyes slowly, still looking as lost as he could and he slowly sat up while rubbing his eyes with his left hand, whimpering in his baby voice. I laughed as I watched him leaned towards me and continued to sleep with his head on my shoulder. I smoothed his hair as he slept for another 5 minutes before he finally woke up.

 

“Go wash up, Jesp. Mummy is going down for breakfast.” I said as he looked at me with his sleepy eyes. He nodded his head obediently as he got down from the bed languidly and dragged his feet to the bathroom attached to his room.

 

“Mummy, could you choose the t-shirt for me and put it on my bed?” He asked before entering the bathroom. That wasn’t a ridiculous request, so why not? I told him I would do it and he proceeded to brush his teeth after saying thank you sweetly. I picked up a simple white tee with a black round collar and black sleeves and a pair of grey sweats, leaving them neatly on the bed for him after I made the bed on his behalf. Then, I went down for breakfast.

 

“Ma, are you gonna stay home today? I will be going to the shop later.” I asked my mom, as usual. That was always our first line every Saturday, just in case mom’s having a day out with her friends and Jesper would be left all alone at home. Hmm, I didn’t quite like that picture. If that were to happen, I would bring Jesper with me to the cafe.

 

“Oh my, thank you for asking, my dear. I almost forgot I had a date with Madam Lee today! Can you bring Jesper with you to the shop? I will pick him up later if I’m done early.” See? This is why the question was important.

 

“Of course, ma. I will bring him along with me and you don’t have to take the trouble. I will bring him out for dinner later. Have fun with Madam Lee, ya!” I gave my mom a bright smile as assurance. She thanked me swiftly and went to her room to wash up. As I set the table, I heard Jesper walking down from the staircase.

 

“Good morning, mommy!” As usual, sounding all sweet and cute as he spoke.
 

Well, Jesper was an independent boy since he entered pre-school. He claimed that it was essential to learn to grow up in order to protect me (which in fact made me pretty touched even though I kinda laughed at him). This was the reason why we didn’t have to actually bathe him anymore. But judging that he was still a little too young to know how clean was clean, we would still do it for him once in a few days, in order to make sure he knew the correct way to clean himself.

 

I appreciated that my boy was rather independent but I sort of lost the chance to take care of him more than I had been doing. I shrugged the thoughts off my mind as I saw him climbed up the dining chair which was a little too high for him. Helping him up, he looked fairly ready to have his breakfast as I could see that anticipation and smile on his Baek-baby-looking-face. Jesper when he’s at his cutest will always start after he washes up in the morning. I thought to myself.

 

“Grandma made us spaghetti today. Your favourite mushroom carbonara.” I said while eyeing that tiny figure who had the word excited written all over his face. I giggled a little as I took the plate I filled with the spaghetti my mom made and placed it in front of Jesper. “Eat well, sweetie,” I said as I his hair lovingly.

 

Basically, one thing that I was really grateful about Jesper was he had really soft and smooth hair that was pretty thick. That was partly my trait and partly I-don’t-know-who’s-trait. Who else. Oh, yeah. We will meet him tonight. Hmm. I wonder what kind of schedule he has here. How is it even possible for him to meet us without getting caught by paparazzi and sasaeng fans if he was on an official schedule?!

 

Right, RIGHT? HOW?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter