Chapter 1

Strange Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Living in an Asian uptown city, I have been introduced to K-pop ever since I was entering middle high. It was roughly when I was... 13? Yes, that was the exact age I got to know about the song "Sorry, Sorry". Well, it is pretty obvious now that I am 20. Do the math, it isn't hard. I have stanned for many different boy bands, to be very honest, I have lost count of how many "husbands" my friends and I have claimed. Even so, I have always been particularly placing extra affection onto my bias groups and my bias members and they are always (never fail), some pretty boys from SM entertainment. Pardon the plural form of noun, that's because I obviously changed my bias a few times. Stereotypically speaking, SM is equivalent to pretty face. This is a fact well known to anybody who's been in this field (as a fan, of course) long enough. 

My main had changed from Lee Teuk from Super Junior to Kim Jong Hyun from SHINee when I was in my final year of middle high. I was madly in love with Jonghyun's voice and his pretty sharp edged face, mind you, I could memorize every line he sang. But well, being a Shawol for almost 2 years, I thought I would settle with liking just the 5 boys from SHINee and dah, live my life as an international fan. What changed my life?

This is the point now. 

As Hallyu came in like a tornado, the whole town went under the storm. Basically 90% of the people in my school were following the trend. I was sitting with my usual gang in class (I personally call them my nerd gang, and I really love them a lot. They're my main. No joke), beside Ernie, a very spoiled and whiny girl who appreciated Chinese pop more than Korean pop, in front of Hayley and Min, two K-pop maniacs. Hayley was still an ELF. Min was still a Shawol. But meanwhile, they were both hardcore EXO fans when EXO's Growl came out. That was when I turned 17, in my final year of high school (education system is a little different in my country). I was still a Blinger (Jonghyun's fan) at that moment and I was the girl who would always laugh at those two nerds behind me whenever I overheard them talking about EXO. 

"Oof Oof, A-WWOOOOOO, what the heck are they trying to say in exact, duh. The howl sounds totally ridiculous, like, it sounds so damn retarded, girls." I sneered at my friends who were on a very hyped up discussion about the boys winning champion on Inkigayo for some new songs. Growl I think.

"You don't know, Jia." Min claimed.

"*hysterical screams* DON'T INSULT THEM OKAY!" Yeah, that's obviously Hayley, 'cause, who else? But she is usually the cool type. Only when it gets to her sensitive spots, such as EXO and Ryeowook.

That was the same day when class ended, I went home and started scrolling down Facebook using my iPad. It was up on my newsfeed. I swear. I did NOT search for EXO's Growl. Yes, so I saw this bunch of cute looking boys' Youtube video link attachment on Facebook, shared by I-don't-remember-who. Yes, I clicked play. Yes, then I was intrigued to know who in exact was that guy in the red cap. Yes, thus, I clicked into the link to go to the Youtube browser. Yes, so I read the comments to see who the ing hell is that VERY ADORABLE RED CAP DUDE IN BLAZER. 

It was a M Countdown stage. I will never forget that stage. It was what changed my life tremendously, I'm not sure whether in a good or bad way. Frankly speaking. 

EXO only boomed to their popularity after Growl. Everyone knows that. They weren't even that famous when it was the Wolf era. Therefore, many people were watching that same M Countdown video I watched with the same exact empty mind- Who is who? People who were attracted like me, would obviously be dying to know (I sort of wanted to deny that after I insulted my friends earlier in the morning) who were the boys that I particularly liked. When I was scrolling down the comments, many comments were like this:-

[ Can somebody pls help, who is who TT ]

[ They are so cute but can someone tell me who's the guy singing solo at 2:30? ] 

[ Who's that guy who took the other guy's cap? ] 

Finally, someone answered their questions, being a major saviour. 

[ Green hair - Tao | Sleeveless Red cap - Chen | Red head - Sehun | Another Red cap - Baekhyun..... ] 

There, I found what I wanted to know. Ah, so that guy is Baekhyun. An immediate search on Google was done. Byun Baek Hyun, main vocalist of EXO-K, 4 years older than me, hmm, Taurus? 6th of May? Okay, mood maker? Noisy? Wow, I am impressed at how he's pretty much similar to me in his character. I don't even know why I got attracted to him but, yeah. Well, he definitely made it through to catch enough of my attention. Main vocals are my type of boys, as usual, and his very cute looking pretty puppy face. Those attracted me like nobody's business. I have always been very into cute fair boys with good voices, and he fit right into both of them. He right away replaced Jonghyun in my heart and I don't know how either. 

My kpop mode had come and go. I could flip over the whole Youtube for 3 months not living a day without watching EXO, more precisely, Baekhyun, or I could just not do anything about kpop at all and read only some news on Facebook. That had been my life until this year. EXO finally is coming to my country again, after 3 years. Their first visit was on the week when I had a very important examination going on. What on earth makes you think my parents would let me go all the way to another state just to watch a boy group and not study for my exams? There, they're here again, ON A 3 HOURS CONCERT. I'm already now graduated from my high school, pursuing my degree in that state where they will be having their concert at, and if I won myself tickets to go for their concert, there's no reason for my mom to even object me! In addition to that, I am having my term break, which means I am free from assignments or tests and exams which provid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter