Chapter 26

Strange Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Why in the world am I seeing her here now. God, seriously?



 

I saw Hayley talking to her friends, walking directly into us. I tried to forcefully pull Baekhyun to walk towards another direction but before I could even succeed, I heard my name being screamed out loud in the mall. I face palmed a little, frowning.

 

“JIA! SALLY JIA!” I closed my eyes in defeat for two seconds before I gladly accepted the reality and sweetly smiled at the girl who was sprinting towards my direction, bumping right into my embrace. I had to let go of Baekhyun’s hand to hold her and stop the momentum of our inelastic collision. She probably did not notice Baekhyun’s existence, as from what I observed at that moment.

 

“Oh my holy grail, how have you been? I haven’t seen you in a year! Min and Ernie have been complaining about you not showing up to our gatherings and-” she paused as she finally realized there was someone else standing diagonally behind me, looking at her oddly. She finally acknowledged him by nodding lightly at him before she whispered to me, asking, “is that…?” I looked at her one kind, waiting for her to say his name before I felt a hand slowly and gently pulling my already red forearm out of Hayley’s tight grip, also, pulling me slightly backwards. Signs of disagreement.

 

Hayley quickly stood properly like a child who is misbehaving sees her mother, looking rather embarrassed. She blushed as she looked at him curiously. She turned to look at me and mouthed, “Baekhyun?” I scrunched my eyes to read again as she repeated. When I finally got it, I nodded my head a couple times, turning to look at Baekhyun. I introduced them to each other and Baekhyun smiled politely at her, bowing a little to show respect. Hayley saw that he had acknowledged her and she quickly came closer to us, linking our arms. She turned back to tell her friends to leave first and she happily looked at me, waiting for some catch-up, I guess?

 

“Do you know how tendering you looked when you looked at him just now.” Hayley snarled as she came a little closer to us. I laughed a little before I looked over at her leaving friends. “Weren’t you hanging out with your friends?” I asked gently, playing with Baekhyun’s fingers, my latest habit. “I was just having lunch with my colleagues after work. They’re going home after this.” she replied, looking at me eagerly. I knew what she was thinking, of course.

 

But I was in dilemma then. Should I offer her to join us or? But… But it’s sort of my first official date with Baekhyun… I looked at Baekhyun with the dilemma clearly written on my face. He gave me an approving smile as he rose his hand to pat me on my head, nodding.

 

“Do you want to join us, uhm, to walk around…?” I offered, awkwardly, out of courtesy, of course. I thought she would be smart enough to reject the offer but she wasn’t. She enthusiastically nodded her head multiple times, swinging my hand in excitement.

 

I facepalmed in my head.

 

Oh well, who in the right mind doesn’t want to hang out with the holy grail big star Byun. The realization hit me, well, maybe she wasn’t really into hanging out with me, but my boyfriend. Hmm. I shrugged it off and walked away with Baekhyun and Hayley tagging along behind us.

 

 

For the rest of the day, I didn't really have much time for my boy but instead, it was a total catch-up session with my girlie. We basically just sat in a cafe for several hours and updated each other about everything. My group of best friends didn't really know anything at all about Jesper. It was all solely from the instagram posts that they saw updates from. We didn't even meet up much as well since I was all caught up with family and work, thus, we completely forgot about it. When I was talking to Hayley just now, she was quick to remember about it and she made sure she got every single bit of details clearly answered before she let me off. Of course, I didn't tell everything truthfully... I twisted and played with word choices to avoid certain questions by vaguely answering.

 

Baekhyun didn't really join in the conversation. He was on his phone, playing game the whole time. Surprisingly, I thought he would at least rush me or whatsoever since he was that bored and he probably didn't understand most of what we conversed as we talked in chinese. However, as he was playing his phone game ever so intensely as usual, he kept an eye on me regardless. He sat pretty close to my side, making sure I was able to reach to him anytime whenever I had to. Whenever he paused his game or when a match ended, he would snake an arm around my waist, gently my sides. His interruptions were pretty physical and secretive, enough to get my attention but not sufficient to distract me from the conversation.

 

When he spoke, it was when he had to use the gents. He tapped me by the shoulder and briefly informed me before he left to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter