Chapter 12

Strange Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I was awakened by Baekhyun, it was a little past 8 and my head was on his shoulder.



 

I was still a little muddle-headed when I was nudged awake. I opened my eyes and I blinked a few times before I sat up straight and felt the pain on my neck. “Argh…” I winced as I massaged my neck with my left hand, lowering down my head at the same time. I could feel the arm that was circling the back of my head slowly removing itself.

 

“Are you okay?” Baekhyun asked as he tried to help with the massaging. I nodded my head lightly before I finally realized I actually fell asleep on his shoulder and he was massaging my neck for me. I sprung my eyes opened and slowly raised my head. “A-are we there yet?” I turned away to look out the window, trying to hide my blush. “Yeap, about 5 minutes ago.” he answered, withdrawing his hand.

 

“It’s 8.15 now… Shouldn’t we get going?” I looked at the watch on my wrist and said. I was just trying to get out of the car so nobody could see the embarrassment I tried to hide. I moved closer to the door and I heard Baekhyun chuckled a little, saying, “Hey, hey, it’s okay. We checked in online already. Just be there before 9 and it’ll be fine.”

 

“Does your neck still hurt?” he asked before I said anything. I turned around to look at him and I shook my head. I could see Jesper still soundly sleeping in Baekhyun’s arms. I wondered how he managed two persons sleeping on him, though. Didn’t that restrict him from moving at all. I remember his arm was around me too… Was he holding my head still whenever there was a turn? I thought so. That was why I didn’t even fall anywhere else and jerk myself awake.

 

“Aren’t your arms numb from holding Jespser….?” I asked, silencing the and I at the end of the sentence. He smiled and made no comment about it. I took Jesper from him so he could stretch a little in the car. I could see that his hands were rather stiff at the position as he slowly moved his arms to ease the blood flow. I looked out the car again and I realized, it wasn’t a familiar surrounding. I have been to the airport before, obviously. But I have never seen… this. This looked a lot less crowded than how a normal airport departure hall should be. Baekhyun was able to read my mind perhaps, since he answered my question without even being asked to. “This is the VIP passage in the airport. It’s connected directly to the VIP lounge.”

 

“Should we go? I think breakfast is ready at the lounge.” he continued as he saw that I was already awake and his limbs were probably working fine already. I nodded and Baekhyun got down the car before opening the door for me. I rejected his offer to carry Jesper seeing that he had already tired himself enough for holding the 4 year-old boy more than an hour, and having me on his shoulder for that amount of time as well. Pfft.

 

I watched when Baekhyun solely walked towards the airport after we got down and something felt like it was missing. Luggage??
 

“Uhm, Baek...hyun? Don’t we need to take our luggage?” I asked as I jogged up to him. He looked at me as if that question was ludicrous before he realized I didn’t have any personal assistants or whatsoever, like, never and he quickly stiffened up his face to show an apologetic smile. “Manager-hyung has taken it for baggage check-in. We don’t have to worry about that.”

 

“Ah… I see. Okay…... But Jesper’s Rilakkuma is still inside…” I said and Jesper stirred awake. Rubbing his eyes, Jesper twisted his body to look around the place. “Where are we??” he asked. “We’re at the airport, honey.” I answered, already preparing myself for his questions about his bear. I know my son well, okay. “Oh……. Mommy, where’s Lala?” See? .

 

I looked at Baekhyun while he stared back at me looking equally confused. I mouthed ‘Rilakkuma’ at him and he finally got me with him mouthing back an ‘ah’. He looked around the VIP lounge and he literally told us ‘just a second’ before he spotted a flight attendant who was passing by and stopped her. I could see that he was definitely having trouble with English so I went beside him and helped that poor man out.

 

“Are you going to find a Rilakkuma bear for Jesper?” I asked Baekhyun and he nodded innocently. With that, I turned to look at the flight attendant and told her, “I’m sorry. He isn’t fluent in English but could you help us find any gift shops around the airport and look for a Rilakkuma bear which is around 12 inches? I know it sounds rather ridiculous but it’s very inconvenient for us to walk around due to some personal reasons.” I tried to explain ourselves to the flight attendant and I came to realize…… I could just go and buy one. Nobody would even care if it was me who bought it. “Erm, actually, it’s fine, just point it out to us where the nearest gift shop is.” I told the flight attendant who was smiling understandingly.

 

Baekhyun was a little dumbfounded when I stretched my hand out to ask for money from him without even hesitating. ‘Cause, why should I pay? He wanted to buy it. Not me. I’m just giving him a hand. He lagged for a few seconds and he took his wallet out. He took the platinum card that was deposited in the card pocket and handed it to me. Wow, he didn’t even think a little longer before giving me the card. Such trust. I told him to bring Jesper for breakfast before I walked off with the platinum card in my hand alongside with the flight attendant who was showing me the way.

 

When I came back to the VIP lounge area, 15 minutes had past. I went directly towards the Flight Club to look for my son and his father. We’re on the same trip. It wouldn’t make sense if I didn’t look for him. I found their elegant figures rather low key sitting at a dim corner where no one would usually notice. I plunged down on the seat with the bear hid behind me. Jesper was distracted by the food and he totally forgot about his bear already. That little boy saw me sitting down beside him and he pushed a brownie in front of my mouth.

 

“Mommy, eat this! It’s good!!” he said with the brightest smile that I had ever seen. I ate it, of course. Baekhyun was on the phone with someone, taking sips of his tea once in awhile. Apparently, they had ordered my portion as well. As I savoured my breakfast (more like the leftover from my son), he finally noticed the big plastic bag behind me and he asked, “What’s that behind you, mommy?” pointing to the bag. I giggled and told him to wait until I was done with my food.

 

As soon as I was done, Jesper had had his eyes all on me, gawking at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter