Chapter 13

Strange Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The corners of his mouth curved upwards.


 

“I need to report myself at the office…… Do you wanna check into the hotel first?” Baekhyun asked as he raised up his head to look at me. I wasn’t actually paying attention to what he said, so when he looked at me, I looked back blankly, “Huh? What did you just say?”

 

“I’m going back to office… Do you wanna go to the hotel first?” he repeated his question again. Jesper yanked his sleeves a few times and he turned his attention back to Jesper. Does piggie know what Baekhyun said? I wondered. The timing was just…legit. Jesper was shaking his head while he pouted his lips. Baekhyun was a little puzzled as well as he looked at me and asked me, “(He) Understands Korean?” while pointing at his son. I shook my head.

 

“Jesper, you know what daddy was saying?” I was really curious.

 

“No, but I think daddy wants to leave…… I don’t want daddy to leave!” Jesper told me as his pout deepened. The boy who couldn’t leave his mom had become the boy who couldn’t live without his dad now? Okay.

 

“He doesn’t want you to leave him.” I concluded it for Baekhyun, “teach him Korean, please.” I simply added. Baekhyun nodded in agreement as he took his phone out and texted someone. About 10 minutes then, he told me, “I found him a teacher.” I was not amused. Definitely not. I pretended like it was nothing and shrugged it off before the car pulled off in front of a building with mainly blue tinted glasses. I wanted to ask if we were at his company already and I saw the big sign “SM Entertainment”. I think I got my answer.

 

Baekhyun climbed to the front seat after telling me and Jesper to hide at the back seats (more like climb to the third row so no one would be able to see us when he got down). We did as we were told and we saw him opened the door when his manager gave him the cue to. He slid down the car and closed the car door in a swift movement before he jogged towards the entrance and thumbed himself for the access into the building. Jesper and I watched as the fans screamed their lungs out, shoving presents into Baekhyun’s face, holding their video cameras and phones. Baekhyun simply took a few without looking as they were blocking his way. All I heard was “아! 백현아!!! (Ah! Baekhyun-ah!!!)”,  “너무 잘생겼어! (Very good looking!)” and “와 남신이다! (Wow he’s the god!)”

 

I covered Jesper’s ears when the girls shrieked as Baekhyun came out from the building 20 minutes later. His manager opened the car door in a flash and Baekhyun hopped into the car, panting from all the tedious running and avoiding. He probably threw those gifts he got in the office though, since he didn't bring them down. As we left the building compound, some fans were still chasing after our car. I was not surprised by their act, honestly. I had read too many news and watched too many videos of sasaeng fans chasing after EXO, stalking EXO and etc. Jesper was very amazed by what he just witnessed, though. He was babbling non-stop about how many people were there and completely curious about why were those people there.

 

Speaking of which, I don’t think I told him his father was an idol.

 

“Jesper……. Papa’s a celebrity. You know, like the people we see on the television. They act, sing and perform. Papa’s like them. Many many people like him and know him. That’s why we need to be very careful outside, so we don’t disturb his work, okay?” I didn’t know how to explain too much to him but he needed to know these at least. Piggie nodded his head understandingly and he suddenly climbed to the front seat asking for his dad’s hug.

 

“Then, Jesper will stick to daddy whenever daddy’s not outside.” Jesper said. Baekhyun looked back at me, “what did he say?”

 

I repeated what Jesper said previously to him and he chuckled in happiness as he turned back to disturb his son. I didn’t realize I was actually smiling as I watched them interact until Jesper mentioned it out loud. “Mommy’s pretty when she smiles,” and he giggled. I think Baekhyun sort of understood what Jesper said since he looked back as well, sending me some agreeing nods. They turned back as I stared out of the window into the clear sky, smiling to myself. I need to learn to open up to him little by little. I told myself.


 

“Sally, would you want to come down with us or would you want to stay there?” Baekhyun asked after he opened the door on my side. I wandered back to reality when he called my name. “You space out a lot,” he commented, “so, would you like to come down with us? I’m going back to my dorm for awhile.”

 

“S-sure, why not.” I quickly replied without thinking twice, which I obviously regretted an hour later. I almost forgot his dorm wasn’t just him. There was the whole EXO in there, all 9 of them. I walked with Jesper’s hand in mine as Baekhyun carried his baggage with the help of his manager back to the dorm. When Baekhyun unlocked the door, I heard noise coming out from the dorm already and it finally hit me- all of the EXO boys stayed here too. . I cussed inside my heart. Baekhyun and his manager entered the house and I could clearly hear Oh Sehun’s voice from the outside.

 

“Hyung, hyung! How was it, how was it? (You) met (her)?” Sehun asked and Baekhyun ignored blatantly. When DO came out to close the door, he saw Jesper and I who were standing outside (still considering whether I should enter or not) and he practically just screamed his lungs out like he saw his favourite female idol.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter