Chapter 28

Strange Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a busy Friday afternoon. 

 

 

It was a spontaneous decision but right after work on Friday, I drove back to my hometown with Baekhyun, Jesper and my mom. It was where my dad was at that moment. I wanted to bring Baekhyun to where I grew up and show him how my childhood looked like. Of course, I know that my mother had been missing home. But she rarely got the chance to be back. Hence, we came back.

 

It was almost 8 when we reached home. My 20 years home before I had Jesper. It wasn't his first time here, duh. But he's always loved the condominium we lived in. Especially the playground and the swimming pool. I parked my car and unloaded the luggage. I kept an eye on Baekhyun making sure his hands were off anything heavy as I didn't want him to force himself to do anything and endure the pain and side effects afterwards. He knew enough of what I had in mind and he obediently carried some smaller bags instead.

 

My parents were well notified that Baekhyun wasn't feeling well and thus, they kept offering to carry the baggage. I could see that my little boyfriend was feeling a little uneasy having someone whose older doing chores that he as the younger one should have done. I nudged him and pulled him into the elevator with me so he could quit being awkward.

 

"Ma, pa, I'll go up first ya!" I shouted from the elevator and I quickly closed the elevator door, giggling. Baekhyun was a little dumbfounded from my 'rude' actions and he gave me a one of a kind stare. I pinched his nose and laughed, "easy, baby, easy. They're my parents, they're yours too." He pouted at me and ruffled my hair. "Don't you do that again. Not here. Not in Korea."

 

I laughed and made a silly face at him, running out of the elevator. When I was unlocking the door, I turned around and looked at the father of my son, "where's your son?"

 

"..."

 

"I thought you saw him with mom that's why you were so chill about it. But you actually forgot about him..??!?!" I heard Baekhyun overreacting behind me.

 

"No-" and when I was trying to explain myself, he continued overreacting. "How am I supposed to not worry about your survival and my son's safety when I'm away."

 

"STOP. Mr Byun, your son has been with me for God damn 4 years and he's still running around, alive, not missing, not dead." I argued. "That's because mom's around!" He replied. "No, oh my god. We're in my old house. Every time he comes, he'd run around on his own downstairs 'cause there's a playground and we always let him play on his own. He knows how to get back home." Baekhyun tried to fight back but before he said anything, we heard a 'ding' from the elevator.

 

A man in white uniform and black pants came out of the lift, following behind him was a little boy who let go of the man's hand who came running towards my direction, shouting "mommy!" with a big smile plastering on his face. I looked up at that old man who I was very familiar with, the security uncle who watched me grew up. "Thank you, uncle Mike. Sorry to have to trouble you every time!" I turned to Jesper, "did you say thank you to uncle Mike?"

 

"Thank you, uncle Mike."Jesper said brightly. Uncle Mike gave Jesper a few pats on the head and he looked at me, "it's good to see you after so long, Sally. This is..?" He looked at Baekhyun. "Ah, forgot to introduce, this is my boyfriend, uncle Mike. Jesper's dad." Uncle Mike nodded with a smirk and said "I see! Hope you have fun back home, Sally. I need to get back to work now." Uncle Mike waved at us and when off when the lift arrived where my parents reached.

 

The old men greeted each other and chit chat a little while my mom came over to my side. "You guys left so much earlier than we did and you still haven't entered the house?" She exclaimed. I faked a smile at my mom and finally went into the house. "Home sweet home!" I shouted, throwing all bags in my room. Jesper ran into my room, heading towards his paradise- all the plush toys I have saved inside while I pulled Baekhyun out to my balcony that was ever so calm and chilling.

 

He held my hand in his, holding me close by him. "Baekkie, do you wanna go to the highest building in this town to watch the city at night?" I asked out of a sudden urge. "Hmm? Now?" I nodded my head. "Its still open? But it's almost 9," he double confirmed. I rolled my eyes and answered him in a irritated tone, "yes." And he complained. "You're such a mood killer, talking in that kind of tone." I snarled, "you mean yourself. Paging for confirmation. Twice." He tickled me on my waist and to get away from it and he asked, "so are we going or not," I kept pushing his hands off me and avoided his tickles but he still managed to get to me. I was on the verge of tearing up already as I could never stand tickles and he stopped. I was catching my breath while he stopped and he poked me cheek, "dummy. Let's go." Without even hearing my response, he pulled my hand and walked towards the living room. 

 

I told my mom we were going out and Jesper would be on their care before we left. We drove to the forty four floors high building and parked the car. Getting up there took a little time but not exactly very long to say. We bought a pair of tickets and we took the flights of clear transparent glass staircases up to the rooftop. There was probably an event going on before we got there. The rooftop had been decorated beautifully on vintage theme, complete setup with colourful spotlights and soothing love songs flowing out of the speakers. There weren't too many people there that day, just a few couples who were having their time of the world, sitting around, admiring the city. We walked around the rooftop and saw everything generally.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter