Chapter 31 (Surprise, surprise!)

Strange Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Satisfied, I slept smiling as I listened to him hum some tunes softly over the call.

 

Later next month came in just the blink of an eye. It was the season where fallen autumn leaves were slowly fading away as the clement weather was leisurely replaced by chills that multiplied over nights.

I packed my luggage simply with a set of formal wear for the presentation and a few sets of casual wear, my research documents and samples, and some necessities. I kissed my mom and Jesper goodbye as I checked into the boarding zone. I fished my phone out of the bag and texted my singer boyfriend.

[ Hyunnie, I’m boarding in 30 minutes. ]

[ Can’t wait to see my baby. ]

I stared as the word ‘read’ appeared beside my texts and I was waiting for the reply. Ever since we talked it out that night, he would reply as soon as he reads the texts. But a few minutes had passed and there still wasn’t a reply at all. Maybe he is typing or he’s gonna take a minute or two. Oh well, it doesn’t really kill to reply a little late after reading.

[ Baby? ] I texted again as I was walking into the plane after half an hour.

[ Baekyung: Hi beautiful ] he finally replied.

[ Baekyung: Wait, you texted me earlier? I didn’t even know there was a text. My phone is probably broken ] he sent a sad face. Well, this does happen sometimes and I easily let it slip.

[ Hehe, doesn’t matter. You picking me up later? ]

[ Gotta switch off my phone now. I’ll see you in a few hours. I love you. ] I quickly typed when the flight attendant signaled me to turn off my phone.

[ Baekyung: Yeap. Apple-noona will pick you up from the airport to my place. Safe flight, love. See you in a bit. ] This was the last text I received before I turned off my phone for the take off.

 

Finishing a couple chapters of the novel I brought along, I fell asleep, only waking up to the captain’s announcement to fasten our seatbelts as the plane was preparing to land. Oh, wow, I’m in Korea already?

 

I shrugged and waited a little excitedly. I was finally back on the land with the man I fell in love with again. I could feel the smile that formed on my face as I packed up my belongings. Holding onto the black hoodie in my hand, I tightened the hug on it, as if I could still feel the warmth of it when it was given to me months back. Clear enough, it was Baekhyun’s. Well, it’s not like I don’t have my own hoodie but ever since I got his hoodie, I came to be quite attached to it. Aren’t all girls like that though? Putting the hoodie over my head, I wore it and tucked it in properly so I would still look fashionable even though the hoodie one that was very much oversized for me.

 

The landing of plane was pretty smooth and I got off the plane following after the crowd. I immediately my phone to connect to the airport wifi as I walked towards the arrival customs. As I lined up, I texted my mom informing her about my arrival. Then, I texted Baekhyun about it as well.

 

[ Baekyung: Jagi, I’ll text you back after this scene. Find Apple-noona. ]

 

[ Okay. ]

 

Apple-unnie was someone I already knew about through a decent amount of photos and videos. She was one of their translators / personal assistant that was the closest with the Beagle Line. After an hour of queueing up just to get into the country, I finally got out of the custom and took my luggage. I walked into the arrival hall to see all the boards with names that made me dizzy. I tried to spot Apple-unnie as I walked and I felt someone tapped me as I walked out of the queue pole maze.

 

“Sally, right?” she asked, with a really friendly smile.

 

“Apple-unnie?” I asked in return after I nodded.

 

“Yes, I finally found you!! Let’s get out of here.” she said as she dragged me away with her, “phew, Baekhyun will kill me if I didn’t get you.”

 

“I’m sorry, did you wait for long?” I asked as I was placing my luggage at the back of the car.

 

“It’s fine. As long as you’re safe in my hands until I hand you back to Baekhyun, I don’t really mind.” she giggled, “let’s go.” She said while inviting me into the opened car door. “Baekhyun will probably take another hour or two before he’s done with his shoot. Would you like to check in your luggage into your designated hotel first?” Apple-unnie asked as she signaled the car out to get onto the highway.

 

“Sure.” I answered, looking out of the car window. I’m slightly closer to him now.

 

And I realized, damn, I really miss him.

 

“Uhm, do you know where I’m supposed to stay? I have the hotel name…” I asked, unsure of whether or not my singer boyfriend told her about my hotel stay. I guessed my worry was pointless when she answered me, “of course I do, Baekhyun had given me all the information we need here, haha! Don’t worry, Sally!”

 

“Alright! Are we heading towards Baekhyun’s apartment or EXO’s dorm after I drop my luggage in the hotel?” I asked again.

 

“Well, Baekhyun said his apartment, so…” I blushed a little as she was looking at me through the rear mirror giving me a wink. “O-okay.” I answered.

 

The car journey wasn’t so quiet as Apple-unnie was really really friendly and she didn’t stop talking, which made me really comfortable being around her as I felt welcomed. I didn’t even know how long I took before I landed myself in Baekhyun’s apartment like how I am right now. Apple-unnie left as soon as she showed me the way into his apartment and settled down inside. I wasn’t surprised. Nah, who in the right mind would want to stay in a grown-up man’s house with the only relation being- colleagues.

 

It was my first time in his apartment. I walked around the place and visited every corner I could. Feeling bored, I even tidied up his apartment before I sat down to watch some drama on the television. When I finally heard the ‘click’ on the door, it was almost 10pm and I was already dozing off. I was fighting to open my heavy eyelids as I felt someone’s breath on my face before planting a soft kiss on my forehead. The next thing I knew, I was lifted off the couch and lay down on a bed.

 

I smiled and opened my eyes lazily as I circled my arms around his neck before he could back away after laying me down on the bed. “안녕, 자기야. (Hello, darling.)” I said cheekily, staring into my boyfriend’s dark crystal orbs. He sat down on the bed and pulled me into a long warm hug. “안녕, 내 천사. (Hello, my angel.)” he whispered into my ears. I slowly pulled away to give him a peck on his lips, “go shower. We can talk later.” He let out a little laugh and kissed me back before he walked off towards the bathroom leaving me a simple “sure, wait for me.”

 

I rubbed my eyes a little with the back of my hand and looked at myself. I hadn’t showered as well. Uhm, okay. I don’t have my clothes with me here… Well, who cares, I’ll just wear Baekhyun’s oversized tee. I got down from the bed and went to the wardrobe to pick out a tee amongst the sea of tees by grabbing the first thing I held onto with my eyes closed. I pulled a t-shirt out and by instinct, I placed it near my nose, taking in my favourite smell on earth. Then, I took a towel from the cabinet at the side and sat down at the brim of the bed while I waited for Baekhyun to come out from the shower.

 

After he came out, he patted my head signaling me that it was my turn before he walked towards the dressing table. I dropped the towel and oversized tee on the hanger and observed the bathroom accessories. Shampoos… facial cleanser... shaver… toothbrush… toothpaste… cup… bath salts… freshener… a small container in white… wait, what’s this?

 

I took the container that was completely white on the outside, turning it around trying to look for signs of labeling. Nothing. I opened the loose bottle cap and looked inside. Pills? It was slightly wet when I held it. Baekhyun probably opened the container awhile ago. Hmm…

 

I shook it off and showered quickly with my favourite shampoo. He definitely liked this one a lot too. It was in his parents home and he had a travel pack of the same shampoo as well! Smelling exactly like my favourite scent, I put on the white tee and left the bathroom satisfied.

 

When I came back to the room, Baekhyun was in front of the gaming desktop surfing on the net. I stealthily tiptoed towards the swivel chair and backhugged my boyfriend. Leaning my head on his shoulder, I could feel his head tilting slightly towards my direction giving a light peck on my hair, and he said, “baby, you smell good.”

 

I chuckled a little to his response and remembered I wanted to ask him something. “Baekhyun-ah, does it still hurt?” I caressed his chest softly as I asked. He took my hand and pulled me down onto his lap, “don’t worry ‘bout it, alright?” Not convincing. “Nah, bumped into someone when I was filming a scene just now. It’s fine now.”

 

I pouted angrily. “Of course you are, how many painkillers did you take?” He frowned a little as he cupped my cheeks, “2.” “Ahh, don’t nag about how it’s bad for health. I know,” he continued, “but it’d be hard for me to sleep with the tingling pain.” I, on the other hand, was not really mad about it. I was just concerned. “Hey, I’m fine. I won’t take the pills anymore.” He took me in his arms and patted me softly.

 

I didn’t say a word and he got even more worried so he started explaining more, “it doesn’t really hurt anymore. Unless unavoidable accidents like that happen. Don’t be upset, okay?” I promised not to be a burden. Why am I making him stressed out about me again. I nodded, “please get well soon.” I squeezed his cheeks and added, “tell me if you’re in pain. I don’t know what I can help but… don’t keep it to yourself. Promise me.” He smiled and nodded his head, “I will.” I stuck my pinky finger out at him and he laughed, “okay. Pinky promise,” hooking his pinky onto mine.

 

“What time do you need to be in SNU tomorrow?”

 

“Heh, let me check what time does the conference start.” I shifted myself to a more comfortable position on his lap and took over the computer mouse from his hand. Baekhyun did not say a word as he watched me do as I wished. I went into my mailbox and downloaded the itinerary.

 

“9 in the morning.” I read from the document, “what time are you going to work tomorrow?” I asked and shifted again to turn around to look at Baekhyun. He muffled a very soft and almost unheard moan that I had totally missed. “8-8… stop- stop moving around, Sally Jia.” Panting a little, he pinned me down on his lap and refrained me from moving.

 

As dense as I could be, I was able to notice what kind of mess I had induced when I felt the bulge right beneath me. “Omg I’m sorry.” I sprung up from Baekhyun’s lap blushing, covering my face with my hands. A drop of cold sweat dripped down his face and he rushed to the bathroom.

 

I could still feel my face burning and I ran towards the bed to hide myself under the duvet with my phone. I typed a quick message to Baekhyun.

 

[ Drop me at the hotel on your way to work tomorrow. The organizers have arranged transport for me. I’ll sleep first. Goodnight. ]

 

He came out with cold water dripping down his hair and I took a quick peep before I shut my eyes tight to pretend to be asleep, heart still racing fast from the incident earlier. I heard him putting on his t-shirt while drying his hair with the towel in his hand as he moved to his table. I peeped again. He was at the table to get his phone. He probably read the text because I could feel his stare in my di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter